You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

Cossack gets a torp reload buff - Why not Haida (Cossack-lite)?

36 comments in this topic

Players
2,831 posts
17,869 battles
12 hours ago, IanH755 said:

.................. a different reload time too, Haida is 50% worse, which was my point (that you don't see?)

easy

its the same torpedoes not the same boat, storage, lifts or launchers....

a torpedo inherent stat should be the same  but there is no need for a boat related stat to be the same since there can be a lot of reasons why theey are different and if its only balancing.

7 minutes ago, AnEvilJoke said:

To quote a current prime minister of canada:

Justin-Trudeau-If-you-kill-your-enemies-

what nonsense ..... if they promote that you cant kill your enemies they obviously loose......

Players
2,787 posts
13,017 battles

Strong ship. Up tiered game, still comes top.  She does not need buff. Haida is a high skill ship. Again, if her stats are middle of the pack, that's because potatoes don't have the skill set to utilise her. 

Hadia is strong.png 2.png

Hadia is strong.png

[-AWF-]
Players
1,203 posts
6,699 battles
On 12/9/2018 at 12:45 AM, Bear_Necessities said:

Strong ship. Up tiered game, still comes top.  She does not need buff. Haida is a high skill ship. Again, if her stats are middle of the pack, that's because potatoes don't have the skill set to utilise her. 

Hadia is strong.png 2.png

Hadia is strong.png

Ships should be balanced after the avarage player, naturally.

Beta Tester
1,210 posts
1,486 battles

I'd imagine because it's a tier 7, faces different foes on average, less radar etc. and probably doesn't need it. 

A turret traverse buff would be a better buff IMO, a QOL buff that won't have massive performance impact but makes the ship more comfortable to play. 

• Cool 1

Players
161 posts

A turret buff would be good but I currently run EM (18 point captain) on my Haida and find that solves most of the turret rotation problem, I find her a very nice DD and also think her unique smoke (Perth smoke I know) makes her a much more difficult ship to hit than the static smoke screen in other DD's that force you to reverse back wards and then forwards to keep the people who shoot into smoke screens guessing, I think a lot of players out there (not all I know) are unaware of the 1/4 speed forward creeping smoke screen.

• Cool 1

Players
935 posts

The point was that the Cossack only has 1 set of torps with a fast reload. The Haida is a "Tribal" clone of Cossack but sitting at tier 7 with some "slight differences" like longer smoke duration (but then it has less of them to use). It has a secondary gun (1 gun) with a short 4k range. But the Cossack has better guns than the Haidra in general because it has 4x2 and they are less floaty when shot - so much easier to land shot on target from medium range with than the Haidra can, it is also more agile than the Haidra. So I agree with the OP, if the Cossack got the reloaded speeded up on torps because of only having 1 set of them, then so should the Haidra get the same buff on torps.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,358 posts
34,420 battles
On 12/10/2018 at 2:57 AM, von_Boeg said:

Ships should be balanced after the avarage player, naturally.

Well, you can have ships that are more suited to high skilled players IMO. It gives more variation and challenge. 

But regardless, often when we look at ships we look at the sites with stats. But what is the average captainpoints on Haida compared to Cossack. How is the curve of performance vs player skill.

Haida is part of a very limited tree and Cossack now part of a large tree. It benefits Cossack a lot, but you must be able to take into account that on a ship.

If the Haida have a average captain on 12 , what do you perform with same on Cossack. What if the average captain on Haida is 6,7 and on Cossack 15?

Only Wg knows.

I have seen threads when there were comparisons of tanks I think it was ( I can not remember now which thread) and they show how the performance of certain ships varied a lot among the playerbase. 

Haida are easily a ship that could be well to strong against its Tier interval. The T5 DDs are generally quite behind the T7 and they do not need bigger gap.

[THESO]
[THESO]
2,646 posts
8,349 battles
On 12/8/2018 at 1:50 PM, GrumpyRolf said:

Cossack and its fcking broken in its current state. You can take on t10 DD's

I am really sorry that you only encounter with very bad players :)

Because cossack is just an average boat!

It can't even take on tier 8 gun boats with an adequate captain in it :)

me and my akizuki can confirm this

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,132 posts
22,686 battles
2 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Because cossack is just an average boat!

What! Cossack is a great ship. 8 guns, great concealment and hydro make her really good, especially against other DDs.

[KAKE]
Players
2,216 posts
4,924 battles

I certainly wouldn't be sad if Haida got her torps improved, but I'm not sure she needs it.