Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PeterAA

Seattle Cruiser T9. ! God to play ?

53 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[CXFDK]
Players
5 posts
2,148 battles

Hi All

 

In my Massachussets just got totally burned down by a Cruiser Seattle!. No pleasent exp. :-( HE was raining down on me like meteor storm. 

From several Youtube videos, among Flambass and Notser, I had the impression that this Seattle was not a god ship....well, right now, to me, this ship is impressive.

 

Actually I have unlucked the Seattle on my way to Worchester, which I have, but I did not buy the Seattle, since i have a lot of dublons, I am now considering to buy the Seattle, because maybe it can keep me out of some T10 games. 

 

What is your opinoin?. Should I buy it ? any alternative, (if money, XP, gold and so on is no matter.?? ) :cap_money:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,304 posts
6,198 battles

It's alright...not particularly bad or good. It certainly isn't as bad as incompetent people try to make it appear to be. It's basically a cleveland with a heal. It's not bad enough to skip at least.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,513 posts
10,546 battles
1 hour ago, domen3 said:

It's basically a cleveland with a heal. It's not bad enough to skip at least.

Cleveland is awful these days (tx mm)

 

And while Seattle is much better tier for tier than Cleveland, it is still very mediocre. Imagine playing T9 wtih 14 km range, thats what it has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
594 posts
2,686 battles

Its not a very good ship, but if you put it behind an island in range of an enemy bb... I mean that is exactly what the ship is for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AS13]
Players
1,878 posts
2,042 battles

This is not a 'legendary' ship. But it happens to me as well. 

Yesterday I though I had found a nice position, ... the following thing happened:

 

2 friendly BBs and a cruiser were at the left, separated from me by an island. 

They were up against 2 cruisers and 1 BB, and I was trying to sneak to their cap in the Monarch,

when suddenly a Shimakaze appeared on my right. I managed to shoot it for half health, and it disappeared behind the island, left...

So I warn my teammates: Shima coming, expect torps. 

 

Next thing, the two friendly BBs get torped, and the cruiser gets shot. 

Then what, those two cruisers show up, and I get fried. Took them ~ 2 minutes to BBQ me. 

I managed to avoid Shima torps, and almost get one of those cruisers, but well... 

 

This is just what happens if you get caught alone. There's nothing OP about it - and it is rare you get caught like that.

 

But Seattle OP? No. It needs friends to shine. If you catch it alone, two shots from a BB... bang dead.

So either you met somebody who knew what he was doing / was lucky, or you made a mistake / got unlucky.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,915 posts
5,023 battles
5 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Cleveland is awful these days (tx mm)

MM is aweful. Cleveland is not. If I get thrown into T10 anyway, Cleveland still is one of the best T8 cruisers.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,304 posts
6,198 battles
11 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Cleveland is awful these days (tx mm)

 

And while Seattle is much better tier for tier than Cleveland, it is still very mediocre. Imagine playing T9 wtih 14 km range, thats what it has.

Or 18.2km, if you're sensible

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,407 posts
5,634 battles
7 hours ago, PeterAA said:

What is your opinoin?

 

*EDIT*, you still have *EDIT* to counter other ships.

And please dont buy premiums, you still need to *EDIT* play, *EDIT*...

Edited by shindyGG
Naming & Shaming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
889 posts
7,325 battles

I do not like the high-tier USN CL's. Not saying they're bad -- I think they're not -- but in terms of tactics and gameplay they're the most one-dimensional and uninteresting cruiser line in the game.

 

Other cruiser lines gives you some variety in gameplay, be it torps, open-water gameplay or powerful AP. With USN CL you go behind an island, stuff a finger up your backside, and lean on LMB. This is boring to play, and boring to play against.

Old T6 Cleveland is my most played ship ever. This new subline, meh. It did nothing to enrich the game.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,513 posts
10,546 battles
13 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

MM is aweful. Cleveland is not. If I get thrown into T10 anyway, Cleveland still is one of the best T8 cruisers.

Whether its the ship or MM, that thing is unplayable in TX games.

It is so far the only cruiser i ended up grinding in Operations (cherry blossom) and i consider it the worst T8 cruiser I have played so far, so I think we can safely agree that we disagree.

 

Lets see, good tier 8 cruisers in TX: Chapayev, Hipper

Dont have T8 French or IJN, but French play like chapayev and Mogami was always solid and with buffed dispersion I expect it will be very strong

Balti has USN AP going for it and was awesome on tier 9 before the rework, not sure now.

 

In short, which tier 8 cruiser is NOT better than Cleveland? I'd be interested in your experience.

 

9 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Or 18.2km, if you're sensible

Nah, the planet has moved before the shells reach their target:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
3,591 posts
5,930 battles
24 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

 Imagine playing T9 wtih 14 km range, thats what it has.

 

I did slot the Range module right away. Imo reload is good enough as it is, doesnt need half a second more.

 

10 minutes ago, jss78 said:

Other cruiser lines gives you some variety in gameplay, be it torps, open-water gameplay or powerful AP. With USN CL you go behind an island, stuff a finger up your backside, and lean on LMB. This is boring to play, and boring to play against.

 

It is quite funny when you are shooting in the open and half the enemy team starts drooling because of that. Just last game with Seattle i started shooting the BBs open water and instantly 5 were targeting me (all 4 remaining BBs :Smile_teethhappy:)

Had to stop because of that, but still got >1 million potential while having ~50% HP left.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
889 posts
7,325 battles
8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

It is quite funny when you are shooting in the open and half the enemy team starts drooling because of that. Just last game with Seattle i started shooting the BBs open water and instantly 5 were targeting me (all 4 remaining BBs :Smile_teethhappy:)

Had to stop because of that, but still got >1 million potential while having ~50% HP left.

Yeah, you really are a priority target the moment you leave that hard cover.

 

The reason I really loved old T6 Cleveland is you could actually take it to open sea and do well. You could take just enough hit, in that MM, to go out there -- but you really had to work on angling. I learned all I know about WASD hax in that ship.

 

You could also use island cover -- but it was more like an option, not all you did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,082 posts
11,119 battles
Alle 8/12/2018 alle 14:09, DFens_666 ha scritto:

I did slot the Range module right away. Imo reload is good enough as it is, doesnt need half a second more.

I moved from the reload module to range after getting*edited* Even with that Seattle is not a good ship. It didn't deserve the radar nerf. In fact it needs a buff as it doesn't shine in any category and is a painful experience almost on par with the Neptune.

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,593 posts
7,346 battles
58 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Whether its the ship or MM, that thing is unplayable in TX games.

It is so far the only cruiser i ended up grinding in Operations (cherry blossom) and i consider it the worst T8 cruiser I have played so far, so I think we can safely agree that we disagree.

 

Lets see, good tier 8 cruisers in TX: Chapayev, Hipper

Dont have T8 French or IJN, but French play like chapayev and Mogami was always solid and with buffed dispersion I expect it will be very strong

Balti has USN AP going for it and was awesome on tier 9 before the rework, not sure now.

 

In short, which tier 8 cruiser is NOT better than Cleveland? I'd be interested in your experience.

 

Nah, the planet has moved before the shells reach their target:Smile_teethhappy:

Dunno, mine Cleveland just works. Abuse islands to hell and back, something you kinda have to do in other cruisers as well when uptiered anyway.

And Seattle is a downgrade over Cleveland. Worse turret firing arcs, worse turret traverse (combined with MBM3 it can make difficult to stay on target), thinner citadel plating, exposed on entire length from turret to turret and less maneuvreable.

 

And Charles Martel plays like 3xl Kebab, tack double rudder and engine boost and zip through open waters dakka dakka at everything and everyone:Smile_izmena:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I401]
Beta Tester
1,015 posts
8,078 battles

i didnt like the Seattle it has to give so much broadside to fire all the guns and its as big as a battleship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,590 battles

Seattle w range module is tolerable, it is not the first ship I skip. Suggest you wait however,  other ship lines are easier. While the dpm is OK sometimes lack of torps is not fun when players rush you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,365 posts
5,845 battles
4 hours ago, PeterAA said:

What is your opinoin?. Should I buy it ?

 

I just checked and saw, that you already have Worcester. So there is no real reason to get the Seattle? Maybe if you are looking for a T9 Cruiser, so that you can play T9-Divisions? In that case, the Seattle offers the same kind of playstyle then Worcester - but it does everything a class worse. Which is ofc bad, since you have the same matchmaking in, idk, 85% of the times?

 

4 hours ago, PeterAA said:

any alternative, (if money, XP, gold and so on is no matter.?? ) :cap_money:

 

If you are looking for a strong T9 cruser for the above reason as a keeper, maybe go Roon. Or Kronshtadt right away. Since Kron is going to be removed, Id think about getting either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
959 posts
13,500 battles

There isnt a single thing a wooster owner would need seattle for apart from farming a little bit of steel by "knocking off a snowflake" in the upcoming campaign...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,593 posts
7,346 battles
8 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

 

I just checked and saw, that you already have Worcester. So there is no real reason to get the Seattle? Maybe if you are looking for a T9 Cruiser, so that you can play T9-Divisions? In that case, the Seattle offers the same kind of playstyle then Worcester - but it does everything a class worse. Which is ofc bad, since you have the same matchmaking in, idk, 85% of the times?

 

 

If you are looking for a strong T9 cruser for the above reason as a keeper, maybe go Roon. Or Kronshtadt right away. Since Kron is going to be removed, Id think about getting either way.

Roon goes from decent artillery barge to crap shooter the moment you decide to angle yourself towards incoming fire due to abysmal turret firing arcs. I'd consider French St Loli is solid contender for T9 keeper cruiser, if you really look for one. Or Ibuki, I had surprising amount of success with her somehow.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CXFDK]
Players
5 posts
2,148 battles

Hi All

 

Ex. Juanx, then thanks for all your answers. A lot of answers leads to other ships, or off. topic, so I will rest my case. :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,513 posts
10,546 battles
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

Dunno, mine Cleveland just works. Abuse islands to hell and back, something you kinda have to do in other cruisers as well when uptiered anyway.

And Seattle is a downgrade over Cleveland. Worse turret firing arcs, worse turret traverse (combined with MBM3 it can make difficult to stay on target), thinner citadel plating, exposed on entire length from turret to turret and less maneuvreable.

 

And Charles Martel plays like 3xl Kebab, tack double rudder and engine boost and zip through open waters dakka dakka at everything and everyone:Smile_izmena:

WI'll be honest and admit i hate the island playstyle. I'm more of a mobile DD player.

 

As to Seattle...it sure didnt feel like a downgrade and it was amazingly fun to play  - even in the open -  due to the great damage it can push out.

Plus thanks to the short range, it is hilarious to sit in the middle of Tears of the cruisers or Hotspot and burn BBs down, with their fleet unable to spot you across open water.

 

Then again i even disliked the tier 6 cleveland and considered it a downgrade from the Omaha (because torps and better arcs), so maybe I'm just prejudiced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOME]
Players
1,682 posts
9,146 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

Roon goes from decent artillery barge to crap shooter the moment you decide to angle yourself towards incoming fire due to abysmal turret firing arcs.

You're pointing the wrong part of your ship towards the reds :Smile_coin:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,593 posts
7,346 battles
20 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

You're pointing the wrong part of your ship towards the reds :Smile_coin:

Whats the point of surprisingly well armored cruiser with torps on top, if you can't

PzlsQC3.png

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×