Tatsfield

My clan is dead. How do I leave it?

13 comments in this topic

[EDAR]
Players
31 posts
5,637 battles

Apart from myself all the command officers in the clan have not played for over 100 days.  There is no activity on the clan's site and no one responds to personal messages.  Belonging to this clan is pointless and I don't know what I should do.  Is there a way to just leave the clan?  Is there a way to evict the non playing members and try to revitalise it?  There doesn't seem to be any options in this area and all the clan topics are about people wanting to join clans not leave them!

The clan is called Twisted Paradox and the paradox is that I'm stranded in a clan that does nothing.  Perhaps that's why it's called Twisted Paradox!

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,439 posts
11,421 battles

Leaving the clan and joining an active one is probably the best choice.

The option to do so is slightly hidden and you are not the first one who asks this :D

1028211900_Leaveclan.thumb.png.effd4881ec3f8e4ab52fbc349636b26a.png

• Cool 3

[NED]
Players
4,198 posts
11,706 battles

Hey free man/ woman. Good it worked out. However I think there should be a way to stage a coup in these cases. You have been contributing oil by playing. Perhaps WG could make a possibility to take over a clan when the leaders have gone AWOL for a certain period of time. 

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,183 posts
2,402 battles
2 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Hey free man/ woman. Good it worked out. However I think there should be a way to stage a coup in these cases. You have been contributing oil by playing. Perhaps WG could make a possibility to take over a clan when the leaders have gone AWOL for a certain period of time. 

Difficult since someone paid 2500 gold to buy the tag in the first place.

[EDAR]
Players
31 posts
5,637 battles

I think I was the biggest contributor of oil since I was playing every day for months while the rest of the clan seemed to be in hibernation doing absolutely nothing!  But the oil cost me nothing and as you can't take it with you, other clans aren't looking for it as an entry requirement.  I do think that dead clam lead

ership is an unacceptable feature of the clan system and WG should allow some form of leadership challenge to allow clans to be resurrected but they are hardly going worry about it so I'm not going to either. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,198 posts
11,706 battles
17 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Difficult since someone paid 2500 gold to buy the tag in the first place.

IDK. Perhaps OP has contributed 10k oil by now. In the clanmemeder list you can see the period of inactivity. I think it's doable to add in an option to take over the clan after a certain amount of inactivity. Say 3 months. After which the commander gets an "Oy! Play it or leave it!" Mail. 2 weeks to log in and do something. If not let the new commander pay the doubs and credit it to the original commander. Shouldn't be that hard I'd say? 

[NED]
Players
4,198 posts
11,706 battles
1 minute ago, Tatsfield said:

I think I was the biggest contributor of oil since I was playing every day for months while the rest of the clan seemed to be in hibernation doing absolutely nothing!  But the oil cost me nothing and as you can't take it with you, other clans aren't looking for it as an entry requirement.  I do think that dead clam lead

ership is an unacceptable feature of the clan system and WG should allow some form of leadership challenge to allow clans to be resurrected but they are hardly going worry about it so I'm not going to either. :Smile_Default:

I wouldn't either that much. I know Bakx would hand it to me should he want to quit 4ever. On the other hand: like we all something could happen to him which renders him incapable of playing. Apart from the human tragedy I'd like to be able to take over NED in that case. And it'd be good to know one of our members could do the same. We have a very nice group with active people who have contributed a lot. We have all the buildings except steel (at coal2 ATM). 

No... This is not a recruitment post! (As long as you don't speak Dutch)

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,183 posts
2,402 battles
16 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

IDK. Perhaps OP has contributed 10k oil by now. In the clanmemeder list you can see the period of inactivity. I think it's doable to add in an option to take over the clan after a certain amount of inactivity. Say 3 months. After which the commander gets an "Oy! Play it or leave it!" Mail. 2 weeks to log in and do something. If not let the new commander pay the doubs and credit it to the original commander. Shouldn't be that hard I'd say? 

You are on very shakey ground. Somebody buys a product, in this case a clan tag, and then for whatever reason goes inactive. You cannot simply 'take' that product off them and give it to another person. The clan commander owns the clan tag it is his, and it's unique to the game and so can never be reused. If the clan leadership disappear and go inactive, it's the responsibility of the remaining clan members to leave and set up their own new tag or find another clan, and stop pumping oil into a dead cause.

[EDAR]
Players
31 posts
5,637 battles

This sounds quite reasonable and I've no argument with it.  As the OP I merely wanted to find a way of escaping from the "dead" clan so that I can resume my playing life with another clan, if I can find one that wants me.  The oil was actually never mine as it went straight to the clan, so I don't feel any real sense of loss leaving it behind, just relief to have found how to leave the clan!  Anyone can continue to discuss this matter but as far as I'm concerned, I've achieved what I needed to do.  Thanks to Commander_Cornflakes for his help and to the rest of you for your interest.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,332 posts
1,074 battles
On 12/10/2018 at 6:33 PM, Ferry_25 said:

Sorry, I only saw this now, but I wanted to point out that we actually do offer such a thing. You can find our policy for all things clan-ranks here: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/22945/

As of writing this post, it is as following:

• Cool 1

[HUN]
Players
205 posts
2,191 battles

It would be better to pick a new clan to join first, and until then just enjoy the small XP boost the clan provides.