Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AnEvilJoke

With the anouncement of Dragon Age 4...

4 comments in this topic

Players
1,583 posts
6,243 battles

...the sands of time are running low for Bioware. If the game fails, they'll join the long list of Studios destroyed by Electronic Arts. Not to mention that the Dragon Age franchise will also die.

~~~

2001 Bullfrog Productions (Dungeon Keeper)

2003 Westwood Studios (Command & Conquer Series)

2004 Origin Systems (Ultima Series)

2007 NuFX (NBA Street)

2009 Pandemic Studios (the ORGINAL Star Wars Battlefront)

2013 PlayFish (many many Facebook "Games") - not that anyone would care about them...

2013 Black Box Studios (freelance Devs working for many other studios for example Midway or Sega)

2013 Dreamworks Interactive (Medal of Honor)

2013 Phenomic Game Development (Spellforce Series)

2013 Victory Games (Created by EA to continue the C&C Series)

2014 Interworld Productions/Mythic Entertainment (Dark Age of Camelot)

2015 Maxis Software (Sim City/Sims ect.)

2017 Visceral Games (EA created, developer of Dead Space)

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,910 posts
3,824 battles
53 minutes ago, AnEvilJoke said:

...the sands of time are running low for Bioware. If the game fails, they'll join the long list of Studios destroyed by Electronic Arts. Not to mention that the Dragon Age franchise will also die.

While I dread what might happen if they mess up for now they have more immediate concerns with them developing Anthem. Mass Effect Andromeda wasn't made by the main Bioware studio, but it also shows that EA might just put Dragon Age under a different developer. Inquisition was a bit mediocre and ME3 had a... less than stellar conclusion, and the studio has also lost quite a bit of the important staff (lead writers etc) so its not the studio it once used to be anymore. If the franchise gets handed to a different but competent studio it might actually improve the game.

The success or death of Anthem in 2019 is going to be important for the survival of the studio itself though, although maybe the announcement of DA4 might give the studio slightly more security in the long term.

• Cool 2

Players
1,583 posts
6,243 battles

Yeah you're right but the thing is that in the last few year there are many fails connected to the brand "Bioware". SW:ToR never was that "hot", ME3 was sh*t, Dragon Age 2 was sh*t...

Dragon Age Inquisition was sh't, the only good aspect of that game (and what saved it in the end) was the Trespasser DLC...

And don't even get me started on Mass (D)Effect: AndromeDUH!...

And that's the bottom line - the Mass Effect franchise is finished! As you said, because of the ending of part 3 you just can't continue from there and the reboot (like every franchise reboot f*cking ever) failed.

If the screw up Dragon Age 4 (what they will!) it will be the same, "Game Over man, Game Over"

Oh also all the f*cking politics Bioware force feeds us... :cap_fainting:

Also also: Even if, people still will be so retarded and drown Electronic Arts in money... :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

Players
468 posts
245 battles

Damm i didn't know they got dreamworks, i havent played EA games since like 07-08.

I mean if dragon age 4 is going to be a failure i hope dragon dogma 2 (if it's going to be a thing ever) comes out and becomes a decent alternative since capcom did a good job with the dark arisen (major focus on gameplay less on story but still very good).

I was underwhelmed from what i saw of battlefront 3 (refuse to call it number 1) and battlefront 4 not too mention the scummy business practices they tried to put onto people.

Never played mass effect but i've heard how good 1 and 2 are. Makes me wonder if i should even bother with 3 and abominada.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this