You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

WGEU Website - Dreadnought Marathon started on the 1st December - Can't see any missions in port?

49 comments in this topic

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles

Hi All,

From the WGEU website - https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-deals/december-missions-2018/#dreadnought-marathon

Untitled.thumb.jpg.e875476b52c9edcdbf5ac04164907e31.jpg

Yet I have no missions in my Port, no challenges, no marathons etc which, considering the Marathon is already 1/4 of the way through, has got me wondering if I've missed a "participate now" button or have WG got the info on their site wrong etc?

Has anyone actually started this marathon yet?

[BYOB]
Players
3,071 posts
11,037 battles
2 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Hi All,

From the WGEU website - https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-deals/december-missions-2018/#dreadnought-marathon

Untitled.thumb.jpg.e875476b52c9edcdbf5ac04164907e31.jpg

Yet I have no missions in my Port, no challenges, no marathons etc which, considering the Marathon is already 1/4 of the way through, has got me wondering if I've missed a "participate now" button or have WG got the info on their site wrong etc?

You participate by finishing the daily grind missions, those that require base XP. You are automatically participating by playing the game, no need to click anywhere.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,239 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, IanH755 sagte:

sure, it is running as announced since Dec 1st...

[SM0KE]
Players
2,068 posts
5,838 battles
5 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Yup, although I don't think I'll finish it though - I can usually get the normal twenty done in a month, but doubling that seems a bit of an ask...

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

You participate by finishing the daily grind missions, those that require base XP. You are automatically participating by playing the game, no need to click anywhere.

Ah, so it's normal "daily Grind" missions, I was expecting to see "Marathon" missions but it's there in the screenshot :Smile_facepalm:

• Boring 1

[TK1]
WoWs Wiki Team
534 posts
8,503 battles
6 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

It's reward for finishing 40 daily missions image.png.6a4bb6c0f7eb96871c075987aee6fc87.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CR-S]
Players
338 posts
18,343 battles

A bit OT, but how is your progress guys? I am currently at 7/40 and wonder whether i am doing ok so far :Smile_hiding:

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,006 posts
8,054 battles
7 minutes ago, drmajga said:

A bit OT, but how is your progress guys? I am currently at 7/40 and wonder whether i am doing ok so far :Smile_hiding:

11/40

[PUPSI]
Players
6,239 posts
Vor 11 Minuten, drmajga sagte:

14/40

[SM0KE]
Players
2,068 posts
5,838 battles
10 minutes ago, drmajga said:

Not sure - I think I'm in the middle of the second regular set (so, less than 10).

If one can play every day, and complete the first of the daily missions on each day, then one needs to find nine days where one can play enough to get the second one done too.

So, you're on track if you can play every day remaining this month, and still find nine more days to do the double (there are four more weekends left this month fwiw)...

[DC-DK]
Players
2,066 posts
23,555 battles

Think I only get credits and a port slot to be honest, after all it is a reward ship

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles
2 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

Think I only get credits and a port slot to be honest, after all it is a reward ship

Wait....What?

So if you already have the Dreadnought (as part of the Dual package with Vanguard) you get roughly 310k to 320k silver for working your but off doing missions? :Smile_sad:

You can get more than that for a  Missouri game .... in co-op...........while reading the paper.

Signed,

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.

• Funny 2

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,068 posts
17,316 battles
11 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Yup, although I don't think I'll finish it though - I can usually get the normal twenty done in a month, but doubling that seems a bit of an ask...

You can do 2 missions every day, so it can be done in 20 days. Quite easy. 

Players
3,338 posts
5,792 battles
8 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Wait....What?

So if you already have the Dreadnought (as part of the Dual package with Vanguard) you get roughly 310k to 320k silver for working your but off doing missions? :Smile_sad:

You can get more than that for a  Missouri game .... in co-op...........while reading the paper.

Thats why I was asking. Correct me, if im wrong, but there is also no dubloon-price set for the Dread? So what @hgbn_dk assumes, is actually very likely. But I guess there is no offical statement either. If it actually would give you dubloons, it might be somewhat interesting for people, that already own the ship. This way its just... Also, its december. You´d need a minimum of 6 games per day on 20 days of the month (you will need more in the avarage, some will need way more), to get this done, which is quite time-consuming. Not sure, why it had to be in december? We are still getting the P.E.Friedrich questline, so there is something actually usefull to spend time on this month. And we have clanbattles - where the progress doesnt count for daily missions. Could have pushed the Dread to Jan/Feb and have a month long event then. Weird.

• Cool 2

[DC-DK]
Players
2,066 posts
23,555 battles
9 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Wait....What?

Signed,

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.

I'm not actively hunting this mission, just playing the game as I'm used to. So whatever drops as bonus doing that is fine by me.

• Cool 1

[WCWVE]
Players
772 posts
11,998 battles
On 12/7/2018 at 7:26 PM, IanH755 said:

Well it is now the eighth day and I have done 16 so I might get the 42 required for Dreadnought

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
3,905 posts
13,831 battles
12 hours ago, 22cm said:

You can do 2 missions every day, so it can be done in 20 days. Quite easy. 

The problem is, with the current wave of potato teams I'm getting, getting the base exp might be easy - but you need to get them in won games... which is the crux. Doesn't matter how good you play yourself, 11 potatoes can still eff up any hope to get those 2nd mission each day done.

Reason enough for me to play those missions in CoOp only.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,068 posts
17,316 battles
22 ore fa, Deckeru_Maiku ha scritto:

The problem is, with the current wave of potato teams I'm getting, getting the base exp might be easy - but you need to get them in won games... which is the crux. Doesn't matter how good you play yourself, 11 potatoes can still eff up any hope to get those 2nd mission each day done.

Reason enough for me to play those missions in CoOp only.

Do it in Scenarios. *edited*, but less stars is still OK,

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,905 posts
13,831 battles
22 ore fa, 22cm ha scritto:

Do it in Scenarios. *edited*, but less stars is still OK,

Scenarios take too much time... normal CoOp battle in any T8+ BB I have is done fast and gives 100% winchance* indepedent of the amount of potatoes on the team

* at least that's what I experienced the last couple days. As long as I play concentrated, I probably could manage to pull off a 1 vs 9 "upset win" in CoOp. The only problem might be that when You get a good team, the bots get sunk too fast, so the exp amount isn't that high... but 250 exp in five minutes and a win beats 1000 exp in 20 minutes and a loss resulting in no base exp for the mission anyway... ^^