Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dirty_Dunc

Restrict CV's to one per team.

27 comments in this topic

Players
69 posts
8,508 battles

Regardless of the upcomIng carrier update, I'd like to say that I think two CV's per side is too many and should be restricted to one carrier per team.    In my opinion these games are not fun, occur far too frequently and even when your on the winning side it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

These games currently occur mostly at low tier where most ships are world war 1 vintage and have no AA guns to speak of.  The whole situation is compounded when flawed matchmaking puts a novice against a veteran CV captain with thousands of games under their belt and a 19 point captain to boot.

I've currently gotten to the point where by if I see more than two CV's in the player queue I just cancel and wait until the number drops because these games are so horrendous.

• Funny 1

[AVRDM]
Players
1,400 posts
6,377 battles

One is too much when you get the idiot CV due to the excessive and disproportionate influence CVs have on the remaining 23 players.

Zero until the arrival of the rework seems to me a better idea.

• Bad 1

[BOATY]
Players
546 posts
8,551 battles

The main issue is CV competence AND t6 with t5 MMing as the first can manual drop and strafe. But after rework we might actually see the lift of hard limits allowing more than 1-2 per side. 

• Bad 1

[TF57]
[TF57]
Players
14 posts
3,746 battles

I try and make the most of the opportunity, if I see CV's queued up then I quickly cancel and change for my AA spec'd Dallas or Yubari/Nicholas pending on tier I originally entered. Most of the time I get my wish but on the odd occasion start the game with no CV boo.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,193 posts
11,905 battles

Make 12 vs 12 CV battles and leave the other bootes alone!

Spoiler

For a moment I got you there, didn't I? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles

First of all, CV rework wants to have up to three (!!!) CVs per match.

Secondly, one reason why WG wants to have more CVs per team in a match is because it dilutes the impact of any given player. You get a potato CV player on your team? The other two can still do work. Enemy team gets a super-unicum CV player? The other two blokes could be crap and you've got three chances that at least one of your CV players is competent.

Thirdly, from tier VIII onwards there is a 1 CV per team hardcap in current MM on the live-servers anyway.

• Cool 2

Players
941 posts
8,490 battles

I have been in a few battles with 2 Carriers per side.. I don't have a problem with that..

If we can have multiple Battleships, Cruisers and Destroyers why not Carriers...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
617 posts
11,546 battles

The only time when double CV kinda sucks IMO is when the MM pairs a T5 and T6 carrier. Oh you've clicked on the enemy CV's fighters and are mauling them? Lemme just casually strafe all that.. You see this coming and want to run away? Nope. Nada. 

• Cool 3

[FDUSH]
Players
1,117 posts
6,587 battles
1 hour ago, Ubertron_X said:

Make 12 vs 12 CV battles and leave the other bootes alone!

Hide contents

For a moment I got you there, didn't I? :Smile_trollface:

Actually I like that idea too. Sounds quite fun!

• Funny 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,117 posts
6,587 battles
54 minutes ago, Freyr_90 said:

The only time when double CV kinda sucks IMO is when the MM pairs a T5 and T6 carrier. Oh you've clicked on the enemy CV's fighters and are mauling them? Lemme just casually strafe all that.. You see this coming and want to run away? Nope. Nada. 

Actually I managed to defeat Ryujos (even with AS setup!) using my Zuiho.

shot-18_09.26_16_02.33-0355.thumb.jpg.63dd465a5657a12efdcb389ec5f46cea.jpg

Also:

[IRON7]
Players
600 posts
351 battles

The only restriction on CVs should be to keep them all on the same tier for the same battle.

• Cool 2

Players
918 posts
7,182 battles

Double CV games are awful and the rework will make them insufferable.

Coordinated CV players will be able to wreck ships with no risk to themselves, in a manner which is even less defensible than the current horrors of torp boxes, hammer and anvil, and so on. WG would be mad to launch the CV rework with anything more than one CV per side. 

[ALONE]
Players
1,342 posts
10,803 battles

I am starting to imagine triple CV divisions taking turns mauling each ship after another. 3 times per "squadron" makes 9 attacks for a single "turn". Forget about putting down that fire or repairing flood. AA luckily shot down some planes? No problem, infinite hangars waiting, each of 3 CV players is teleporting back to his ship and soon arrives with next 3 waves. Target sunk? Next! 

How they intend to balance that? :cap_popcorn::etc_hide_turtle::cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

Players
941 posts
8,490 battles
33 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

I am starting to imagine triple CV divisions taking turns mauling each ship after another. 3 times per "squadron" makes 9 attacks for a single "turn". Forget about putting down that fire or repairing flood. AA luckily shot down some planes? No problem, infinite hangars waiting, each of 3 CV players is teleporting back to his ship and soon arrives with next 3 waves. Target sunk? Next! 

I believe the balance will come by players actively supporting each other. Imagine 2 GK's and 2 Hindenburgs together the AA potential of that group would deter an attack surely? Or choose AA heavy ships combined... If you have 2 enemy CV's per team border hugging or camping will result in death.. Better to be with the pack than isolated... and you still have your own allied Cv's.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,404 posts
13,815 battles
2 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Imagine 2 GK's and 2 Hindenburgs together the AA potential of that group would deter an attack surely?

No, it doesn't. In rework testing I was able to reliably attack and kill targets protected by SEVERAL Worcesters. Completely unthinkable in the current RTS iteration.

And guess what, it has to be that way because CVs can do nothing other than farming damage anymore. If reworked CVs can't farm damage they're essentially useless. The primary purpose of current RTS CVs is to scout, that's why it is okay for no-fly-zones to exist.

Also fighters are useless because they can be cheesed by simply summoning your own fighters, meaning the fighters will fight and kill each other then disappear regardless of who wins (since fighters can only shoot down one plane per fighter, meaning two equal strength fighter squads will cancel each other out).

The CV rework is a pure damage race that devalues everything else in the game. I once faced a 1 vs 6 situation in my Midway with the enemy team taking every single cap because my team suicided. It didn't matter at all, I still walked away with an easy win. I was never even in danger of losing.

Also it was very fun seeing a Shokaku and a Lexington focus me in my Yamato. First flood and 3 fires -> DCP. Both came back 20 seconds later to hit me with another flood and 3 fires. Fun times.

If the rework goes live I will play nothing other than CVs until the game inevitably dies.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,117 posts
6,587 battles
4 hours ago, EdiJo said:

Specially knowing that you can't control the cv and the planes at the same time. In the test server I had to watch how a volley of torpedoes were coming towards my cv and I couldn't do anything to prevent it. Sure, I could have recalled the plane squad and move the cv manually, but that would have meant that I I wouldn't have been able to sink the pursuer which could have easly killed me with cannons. Eventually I was sunk but I could kill the enemy ship (when the cv it's sunk you can still control your planes and attack)

Beta Tester
3,903 posts
13,819 battles
9 hours ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

I've currently gotten to the point where by if I see more than two CV's in the player queue I just cancel and wait until the number drops because these games are so horrendous.

Now imagine people playing CVs/DDs/Cruisers doing the same, because there are again and again and again five BBs per side in a battle... Queue shows 100 BBs, 20 Cruisers and 30 DDs? Nah, not again... *leave queue, go CoOp instead and get in a battle with eight ships total of which four are BBs*

• Funny 1

Players
918 posts
7,182 battles
37 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Now imagine people playing CVs/DDs/Cruisers doing the same, because there are again and again and again five BBs per side in a battle... Queue shows 100 BBs, 20 Cruisers and 30 DDs? Nah, not again... *leave queue, go CoOp instead and get in a battle with eight ships total of which four are BBs*

It's not the same. Battleships can be trolled, cruisers can be Dev Struck, Destroyers get spotted and focused. CVs that don't run the same risks? Just bad.

• Bad 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,404 posts
13,815 battles
56 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

CVs that don't run the same risks? Just bad.

CVs can be completely locked out of the match completely unlike every other class. Try again.

But hey, whining like yours is giving us the massive buff that is the rework. Ty for that.

• Funny 1

Players
1,509 posts
10,533 battles
11 hours ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

Regardless of the upcomIng carrier update, I'd like to say that I think two CV's per side is too many and should be restricted to one carrier per team.    In my opinion these games are not fun, occur far too frequently and even when your on the winning side it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

These games currently occur mostly at low tier where most ships are world war 1 vintage and have no AA guns to speak of.  The whole situation is compounded when flawed matchmaking puts a novice against a veteran CV captain with thousands of games under their belt and a 19 point captain to boot.

Back in the old days you could be 1 CV vs none :Smile_glasses: That was alot of fun:cap_haloween:

Ofc the reverse was also true - you could be 1 v 2 and even against higher tier CVs.

And yeah, I dodge the que too if I see CVs, but only in Ranked (thankfully i dont play much mid/low tier any longer)

Players
918 posts
7,182 battles

7 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

CVs can be completely locked out of the match completely unlike every other class. Try again.

Does Captain Pete have any stats on this? I would be perfectly willing to bet that the average time per game for the CV class would be significantly longer than any other type. 

7 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

But hey, whining like yours is giving us the massive buff that is the rework. Ty for that

If the rework goes live in its current form, you may have trouble finding people to play with. It's quite disappointing. The "flying destroyer" concept was a good one - give a CV player the striking power of a DD, the ability to deploy across the map, and the risk of getting themselves nuked if their timing or positioning is out, just like a destroyer player. They don't seem to have achieved that. The only good thing they've done so far is putting people off playing the class, much to everyone else's satisfaction. 

Sign in to follow this