You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

How to use Santa's gift

14 comments in this topic

[C-L-D]
Players
64 posts
2,599 battles

I "discovered" that Santa's gifts can be used as a Christmas gift to people you like to play with. Maybe it's a better way to use them instead of buying 20 mega crates... just to not find the ship you wanted in them...

[PUPSI]
Players
6,241 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, Ocsimano18 sagte:

I "discovered" that Santa's gifts can be used as a Christmas gift to people you like to play with.

why should those gifts be different from other items in the shop?

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,088 battles
2 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I "discovered" that Santa's gifts can be used as a Christmas gift to people you like to play with. Maybe it's a better way to use them instead of buying 20 mega crates... just to not find the ship you wanted in them...

Good, start by buying me a present then, haha. Are you saying its better to give than hope to receive or are you saying you think you stand more chance of getting a ship you want if someone else buys you a crate? Not sure.

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
2,159 battles
2 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

You have a point. If you buy a "Santa's Gift" for someone else, you are guaranteed to feel good about yourself no matter what it may contain, whereas if you get it for yourself, you run the risk of disappointment.

Verily, t'is better to give than to receive.

• Cool 5

[C-L-D]
Players
64 posts
2,599 battles
2 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

You have a point. If you buy a "Santa's Gift" for someone else, you are guaranteed to feel good about yourself no matter what it may contain, whereas if you get it for yourself, you run the risk of disappointment.

Verily, t'is better to give than to receive.

This.

[NWP]
Players
731 posts
6,300 battles

It's a tradition for me and @Bear_Necessities that we buy each other WOWs gifts every year.

Last year I received some boxes from @triumphgt6, which was unexpected (as we didn't know one another) but nice. I returned the favour also. I like that you can do this in game.

• Cool 3

Players
297 posts
9,029 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Tayto said:

It's a tradition for me and @Bear_Necessities that we buy each other WOWs gifts every year.

Last year I received some boxes from @triumphgt6, which was unexpected (as we didn't know one another) but nice. I returned the favour also. I like that you can do this in game.

It’s been quite generous over the years also, many a nice prem ship attained. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles

I accidentally torped a friendly Tirpitz (first time in 6+ months) so I sent him a Christmas Box as an apology.

• Cool 7

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
2,159 battles
16 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

I accidentally torped a friendly Tirpitz (first time in 6+ months) so I sent him a Christmas Box as an apology.

A most handsome way to make amends, Sir! I salute you! :Smile_honoring:

...you do realize that you may very well have started what future generations will speak of as "The Great Torpedo Suicide Christmas" of 2018...?

:cap_old:

• Funny 4

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles
25 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

A most handsome way to make amends, Sir! I salute you! :Smile_honoring:

...you do realize that you may very well have started what future generations will speak of as "The Great Torpedo Suicide Christmas" of 2018...?

:cap_old:

:Smile_teethhappy:

However, it genuinely made me more aware of friendlies positions when it costs real money to say sorry!

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
2,071 posts
5,839 battles
56 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

That's jolly sporting of you, sir! The game could use more of this sort of thing...

[YEEET]
Players
1,188 posts
11,264 battles

I tend to give to people who have amused me or who have shared good games with me. Also give to active members of my clan - as we are just oil collectors! I am lucky as I am well paid so do give presents from time to time as giving is far more fun than receiving - the responses are always good and it clearly makes their day! And the vast majority of players are good sports and make this game fun to play, even after 3 years

• Cool 1