Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OrtegaSLO

WG started to scamm people ?!?

61 comments in this topic

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
1 hour ago, Nechrom said:
3 hours ago, eliastion said:

Arguing in N-th thread started by another misled person person who messed up that it's not misleading they didn't mess up is pretty ridiculous.

FTFY

You see, it's a bit like with, say, building a staircase.

If you open a new staircase and somebody trips and falls down the stairs - it's just a clumsy and/or careless person out of luck.

Even if two people end up having accident - well, sh*t happens and people are known to walk carelessly.

But when the local hospital runs out of beds because so many people come with broken legs after falling down that particular flight of stairs then it's clear that something's wrong with the stairs instead.

It's the same here.

When one person misunderstands, then that person messed up and that's all there is to it.

When two people misunderstand, well, you just have two people who messed up, can't help it.

But when you get to the point where forum-goers are getting tired of all the threads started by people who misunderstood, then it's pretty damn clear that the offer is not clear enough on some crucial aspects.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
21,164 posts
12,907 battles

The world is flooded with people who burn themselves with hot coffee.

Compared to that the posts in this forum cannot even be considered fly droppings....

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,815 posts
9,119 battles
5 minutes ago, eliastion said:

You see, it's a bit like with, say, building a staircase.

If you open a new staircase and somebody trips and falls down the stairs - it's just a clumsy and/or careless person out of luck.

Even if two people end up having accident - well, sh*t happens and people are known to walk carelessly.

But when the local hospital runs out of beds because so many people come with broken legs after falling down that particular flight of stairs then it's clear that something's wrong with the stairs instead.

It's the same here.

When one person misunderstands, then that person misunderstood.

When two people misunderstand, well, you just have two people who misunderstood.

But when the Forum gets flooded with threads by people who misunderstood then it's pretty damn clear that the offer is not clear enough on some crucial aspects.

Or you could actually look at the supposed problem and conclude whether or not it's a problem on its own merits.

You're using the same logic that people liked to use to call for the Shimakaze to be nerfed, despite it being solidly the worst WR tier 10 ship in the game. But you know, so many people played it that it had to be overpowered, right?

• Boring 1

5,187 posts
9,826 battles
8 minutes ago, eliastion said:

But when the Forum gets flooded with threads by people who misunderstood then it's pretty damn clear that the offer is not clear enough on some crucial aspects.

Or that people don't want to admit they didn't read the terms and seek the blame somewhere else.

I agree that initially it was left unclear by WG, but that was fixed after a day or two. But by now? Sounds like a you problem and not a me/WG problem.

• Cool 1

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,712 posts
10,680 battles
11 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

As misleading as "Hot Coffee"? Many people complained about that too...

And yet the people selling the hot coffee which was labelled hot coffee still lost liability claims against them because the labelling was not clear enough - this is a sad fact of life. Common sense cannot be assumed and labelling is not always clear.

I mentioned previously that most of you are making the distinction in hindsight (additionally as seasoned veterans with existing knowledge of WG), which is very easy to do but shows a definite bias toward only making sense of it all after the fact, not before. The fact remains the distinction between Massachusetts and Massachusetts B is not clear enough, especially for newer players. There is not enough distinction in a single letter to the less informed.

Anyone trying to emphasise that the fault lies with the buyer in this case is only partially right, because given the confusion created and already seen so many times, there is definite ambiguity with WG's marketing and they are wrong in this, their message is certainly confusing. I'm sorry people, but as obvious as you think it is, it's not, and you are very wrong. Feel free to argue differently, it's natural to reject other peoples views over ones own, even in the face of fact.

The upside is people can ask for a refund, but I bet WG are banking on many not doing this. There is no doubt this is dubious marketing, even if unintentional. We need to stop assuming what is obvious to us is obvious to everyone. We are then guilty of ignorance in the same vein as those we accuse of ignorance.

Have a lovely lovely day!

• Cool 2

Players
853 posts
907 battles
8 hours ago, Sana_Khan said:

1544146515-pointing-laughing.gif

He understood nothing. 

2 hours ago, domen3 said:

Stop embarassing yourself....If you can't read, that's your problem

• Boring 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
8 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Or you could actually look at the supposed problem and conclude whether or not it's a problem on its own merits.

You're using the same logic that people liked to use to call for the Shimakaze to be nerfed, despite it being solidly the worst WR tier 10 ship in the game. But you know, so many people played it that it had to be overpowered, right?

An offer is meant to present the contents clearly enough that people don't end up having false impression of the contents. If people end up having false impression of the contents then the offer is not doing its job and does NOT convey the message clearly enough.

Now, as for your analogy - it's a complete failure.

The quality of a ship is only loosely connected with the impression of power it gives to the player and opponents. Ship's power influences how powerful it looks to people but that perception is not a measure of its power.

An offer is different. An offer isn't meant to sail around and shoot things - it's meant to convey a message. The impression it leaves the recipient with (that is: whether the message is conveyed successfully or not) is the direct measure of how successful/effective/well designed it was.

To put it simply - whether people understand the offer or not is precisely the stats the offer turns out to have on live server :Smile-_tongue:

And frankly these "stats" of this particular offer turned out to be pretty abysmal. In fact, I don't think I remember WG ever f*cking up this badly. They've had plenty problems with communication here and there, sure, but when it comes to premium shop offers, I don't think there was ever mess-up nearly as bad.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,815 posts
9,119 battles
4 minutes ago, eliastion said:

An offer is meant to present the contents clearly enough that people don't end up having false impression of the contents. If people end up having false impression of the contents then the offer is not doing its job and does NOT convey the message clearly enough.

Now, as for your analogy - it's a complete failure.

The quality of a ship is only loosely connected with the impression of power it gives to the player and opponents. Ship's power influences how powerful it looks to people but that perception is not a measure of its power.

An offer is different. An offer isn't meant to sail around and shoot things - it's meant to convey a message. The impression it leaves the recipient with (that is: whether the message is conveyed successfully or not) is the direct measure of how successful/effective/well designed it was.

To put it simply - whether people understand the offer or not is precisely the stats the offer turns out to have on live server :Smile-_tongue:

And frankly these "stats" of this particular offer turned out to be pretty abysmal. In fact, I don't think I remember WG ever f*cking up this badly. They've had plenty problems with communication here and there, sure, but when it comes to premium shop offers, I don't think there was ever mess-up nearly as bad.

An offer is meant to be accepted, which in this case means being bought.

It's entirely up to the creator of the offer to provide as much or as little information about it as they like. In this case they provided literally the exact information needed to make an informed purchase.

If you are unsure about what the information means, or you would like to confirm that what it says is indeed true, do a bare minimum of research. If you are sure about what it means, but you turn out to be wrong and the information provided was 100% correct, then it's on you.

There is no limit to how much information you can provide about something. It's all about where we draw the line.

Could WG provide more clarification? Of course. Does the blame lie on WG when people don't read/assume things? No.

If you find some information ambiguous, inform yourself, if not then no sympathies from me.

• Boring 1

[OCTO]
Players
172 posts
11,866 battles
13 hours ago, OrtegaSLO said:

So I got myself a black premium ship from: https://eu.wargaming...specials/11408/

With the ship you get:

Port slot

Combat Mission for 2,5000 doubloons on Massachusetts.

Guess what ?

U CANT PLAY THE F**** MISSIONS BECAUSE THEY ARE FOR STANDARD VERSION OF SHIP!

Dont believe me ?

Here is Wg support response:

*Edited*

I feel scammed!

Best regards

OrtegaSLO

We don't read WG support answer.

I had the same issue. It s possible it's just a way to encourage you to buy this ship in its original version.

As you ve had the MASSA B , I don't understand why is shown a mission for the regular MASSA.

It's not exactly a scam, let s say it's a free to play model....

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
12,174 battles
3 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

It's also the reason why retailers wouldn't even dare to pull off lootboxes.

Objectively false!

There's lots of retailers that sell "mystery boxes" which contain unknown items with the same legislative saveguard that the value of items in the box is equal or greater to the asking price. You'd probably just have to go to a local discounter and find the equivalent, usually marketed at children in the form of surprise toy packages. Also incredibly popular with fan merchandise. For something closer, even the WG shop (as in the merchandise retailer, not the premium shop) did those mystery boxes on regular occasions.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,935 posts
12,950 battles
14 hours ago, OrtegaSLO said:

So I got myself a black premium ship from: https://eu.wargaming...specials/11408/

With the ship you get:

Port slot

Combat Mission for 2,5000 doubloons on Massachusetts.

Guess what ?

U CANT PLAY THE F**** MISSIONS BECAUSE THEY ARE FOR STANDARD VERSION OF SHIP!

Dont believe me ?

Here is Wg support response:

*Edited*

I feel scammed!

Best regards

OrtegaSLO

2018-12-06_21h31_15.png

Hi Ortega,

Sorry to hear that you misread the information there - it wasn't our intention to mislead you here. The combat mission for dubloons is an added goodie for those loyal players who already have the regular version of the ship and decided to get the black version on top of it. I understand that this could've been highlighted better and we'll try to improve this in future.

I hope this answers your problem here and since this isn't the first topic about this, I'll close it here.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1