Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OrtegaSLO

WG started to scamm people ?!?

61 comments in this topic

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
8 hours ago, Aotearas said:

And it says so.

Massachusetts, NOT Massachusetts B!!!

You're technically right. However, selling the Black version of the ship with a mission that's for another version of the ship is misleading - it's obvious that many, MANY people will automatically assume that the ship and the mission in such a case are (supposed to be) compatible.

I would agree with you if there was an explicit addition there, something like "BEWARE: this mission is for the standard version of the ship, you won't be able to complete it with Massachusetts Black sold in this package". But there's nothing like this. It's like selling a WoWs bundle that contains a ship or two and "2 000 gold" - and when you buy it you get 2k WoT/WoWp gold because OBVIOUSLY WoWs use doublons and not gold. Technically you get what the offer promises but it doesn't change the fact that lots of people are going to end up purchasing something else than they were led to believe by faulty (or dishonest) offer description that doesn't bring enough attention to the unexpected aspects of the offer.

Oh, and btw - actual contracts (of course it's about more serious issues and bigger money) can be legally invalidated by court exactly for things like these. The contract doesn't have to outright lie to be invalidated as misleading.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
9,039 posts
Vor 39 Minuten, nambr9 sagte:

WG fucked up here

not WG is to blame...

and despite seein the "problem" they are still sticking with it.

The "problem" is that people don't read. That is clearly not WG's responsibility...

AT LEAST PUT SOME CLEAR INFO IN IT

there is,  but of course someone has to read it...

Vor 38 Minuten, nambr9 sagte:

No. Its misleading. 

no it is not

Vor 13 Minuten, nambr9 sagte:

You being on WG side and even insulting ppl by telling them that they cant read is not ... moral?

:Smile_facepalm:

Vor 10 Minuten, nambr9 sagte:

Why not fix it?

No need to fix it, the text already says clearly that the mission is for the standard ship. If some people insist on ignoring everything, than it is only their own fault...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,149 posts
11,068 battles
8 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Its a text that clears the confusion. Why not fix it? To hard to do it? For x sake stop being so fkn smug to the ppl that got burned.

Im not being smug. Frankly if the exact same thing happened to me I'll be shaking my head and laughing at my own stupidity and telling myself not to make the same mistake. I will not blame someone else for my own mistake and make a big hoo ha out of it.

People are too entitled now a days and blame everyone but themselves even if they themselves are at fault in the first place.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,581 posts
9,586 battles
18 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Most people who experience that are angry at themselves for not reading properly.

Lets say you are new to the game and u dont even know theres another Massa in the game. What im sayin is theres multiple reasons to add additional info in the text and non for not to (except the obvious one). 

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
3,581 posts
9,586 battles
5 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Im not being smug. Frankly if the exact same thing happened to me I'll be shaking my head and laughing at my own stupidity and telling myself not to make the same mistake. I will not blame someone else for my own mistake and make a big hoo ha out of it.

People are too entitled now a days and blame everyone but themselves even if they themselves are at fault in the first place.

I work in IT and we deal a lot with scams. So yeah I dont agree here with you.

• Cool 1

Players
1,074 posts
11,942 battles

Elaborate Scam... if you put it up in Bold letters on the Sale page, twice....

And i am pretty sure it was mentioned in the Videos for them. 

1309409768_2018-12-0706_40_51-BlackFridayinWorldofWarships_HugeDiscounts!_WorldofWarships.thumb.png.29bf0692771f54e8a63a83699282d1c6.png

I don't see a reason to explode like that either i'd simply request a refund if i don't want the ship cause i misread that and let one of the many nice customer support People sort the mess out.

Mistakes can happen and one might have been that it should say it much more clearer on the Sales page. But the need to inform a customer was serverd in a multitude of obvious way.

Have a nice day.

• Cool 2

[POI--]
Players
6,235 posts
7,432 battles
14 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Tell youself that when your in the same situation.. even if its for a yoghurt.

I know the feeling from when I put salted butter on my bread after buying the wrong one. And guess what, I didn't go "Well, why the hell can they not be clearer about it, instead of just adding these two tiny words "con sal"? Who reads past "Mantequilla" anyway?", but rather I learned to properly look at what the hell I was buying. And ate my salted bread.

This is almost on the level of people who complained about how WG didn't make it clear enough that Asashio DWTs can't hit a cruiser. Or those who in general cannot read the warning ingame that torpedoes are not effective against certain targets and torp anyway.

2 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I work in IT and we deal a lot with scams. So yeah I dont agree here with you.

And so what?

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
8 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It clearly states Massachusetts not Massachusetts B. That mission is for those who have BOTH ships.

And do we really need yet another thread? There are at least 50 of them already about THIS EXACT THING, can't you read any one of them before spamming yet another one?

Oh, yes, the offer states everything clearly and is not misleading at all!

...and yet we have 50 threads about people finding out after the purchase that they got something different than they thought there were buying. It almost sounds like the offer wasn't as clear about its contents as you say - and actually got a lot of people to spend their money while believing they were buying something else than they ended up receiving.

An offer doesn't need to outright lie to be misleading - all it needs to do is create a false impression of the contents. And this one clearly does create such an impression. If the offer wasn't misleading, you wouldn't end up with armies of annoying people creating repetitive threads about having been misled by it.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
21,223 posts
12,922 battles
6 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Oh, yes, the offer states everything clearly and is not misleading at all!

...and yet we have 50 threads about people finding out after the purchase that they got something different than they thought there were buying. It almost sounds like the offer wasn't as clear about its contents as you say - and actually got a lot of people to spend their money while believing they were buying something else than they ended up receiving.

An offer doesn't need to outright lie to be misleading - all it needs to do is create a false impression of the contents. And this one clearly does create such an impression. If the offer wasn't misleading, you wouldn't end up with armies of annoying people creating repetitive threads about having been misled by it.

As I said, a lot of people complain that hot coffee is hot. 

The process of complaining does not make people right...

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
19 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

59 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

No. Its misleading. 

no it is not

The very fact that we're reading dozens of these threads proves you wrong. The offer created a false impression of its contents. It doesn't mean that it lied or that the information was impossible to access - it just wasn't clear enough about its contest and people got misled by it. If an offer misleads people then its misleading. Arguing in N-th thread started by another misled person that it's not misleading is pretty ridiculous.

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

The fact of giving lots of people wrong impressions of the contents makes an offer misleading, however. And I think it's pretty clear at this point that a lot of people got that wrong impression.

• Cool 2

Players
1,074 posts
11,942 battles
13 minutes ago, eliastion said:

The very fact that we're reading dozens of these threads proves you wrong. The offer created a false impression of its contents. It doesn't mean that it lied or that the information was impossible to access - it just wasn't clear enough about its contest and people got misled by it. If an offer misleads people then its misleading. Arguing in N-th thread started by another misled person that it's not misleading is pretty ridiculous.

Well i actually thought i should not reply again. 

But as stated with the Release of the Black Vessels it was made abundantly clear on all channels that this Combat Missions would apply only to the regular version of the Vessels if you owned them.

There was no obstruction of the fact it was stated very abundantly and clear throughout so i could only see personal motivation in calling it Scam or False Advertising. Scam would mean you get nothing out of the Money you pay or it was obtained by illegal means without your consent.

That is not the case if you buy the vessel willingly. And if you didn't want it to begin with you can still talk to the Customer Support for a solution of this particular problem. False Advertising can only be leveraged if information was omitted or presented wrong in anyway. you would be very hard pressed to make that case here as i showed you in my previous post that the information is easy accessable through  the webportal and was there from the start, in bold letters or in Red. It's therefore on the consumer to read and understand that message. And sicne so many are so quick to open forum threads complaining about it. they would have been able to do the following:

Title : Black Ships

Hey i was wondering do the 2500 dubloon mission apply to my black ships?

or

Wow do i get another 2500 dubloons if i buy one of this black ships?

took me 30 seconds to type out....

And that even after my 5 Christmas Boxes rewarded me with lots and loads of flags.....and 5 camos......

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,909 posts
10,304 battles
8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I'm happy that you just used that example, because it's downright perfect to show how ridiculous the wording it. 

Let's say you walk into a coffee shop and see " hot coffee". 

You're interested and ask the barista about it. 

He tells you "it's hot coffee, and you get a free mug if you drink coffee" 

You're happy because you want a mug. 

You order your hot coffee, drink it, then ask the barista where your mug is. 

He looks back and says "sorry, I clearly stated that it's only for coffee. Not hot coffee. You should have know that hot coffee and coffee are two different products, even if you're not a regular that knows the menu inside and out". 

You look at the cliente with a "can you believe this crap" look on your face, and 80% of them tell you that you should have know the difference, that's it's super clear. 

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,581 posts
9,586 battles
33 minutes ago, The_Reichtangle said:

Elaborate Scam... if you put it up in Bold letters on the Sale page, twice....

And i am pretty sure it was mentioned in the Videos for them. 

1309409768_2018-12-0706_40_51-BlackFridayinWorldofWarships_HugeDiscounts!_WorldofWarships.thumb.png.29bf0692771f54e8a63a83699282d1c6.png

I don't see a reason to explode like that either i'd simply request a refund if i don't want the ship cause i misread that and let one of the many nice customer support People sort the mess out.

Mistakes can happen and one might have been that it should say it much more clearer on the Sales page. But the need to inform a customer was serverd in a multitude of obvious way.

Have a nice day.

Then my apologies, i did not check thr page  when replying (aalm on phone). Last i checked the info was unclear (at first also to myself). I assumed it still only sais "Massa...".

• Cool 1

Players
1,074 posts
11,942 battles
2 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Then my apologies, i did not check thr page  when replyinh (aalm on phone). Last i checked the info was unclear (at first also to myself).

None needed i can clearly see that people can get confused if they only see it on the Premiumshop Page.

But that page is a store and it says what it does in clear enough letters.

And i agree that it could be marked red there too. But as in the Post above, one could simply ask the big forum before buying.... there is always a troll that wants to give you an I TOLD YOU SOO!!! 

[CATS]
Players
21,223 posts
12,922 battles
5 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

I'm happy that you just used that example, because it's downright perfect to show how ridiculous the wording it. 

He looks back and says "sorry, I clearly stated that it's only for coffee. Not hot coffee. You should have know that hot coffee and coffee are two different products, even if you're not a regular that knows the menu inside and out". 

You look at the cliente with a "can you believe this crap" look on your face, and 80% of them tell you that you should have know the difference, that's it's super clear. 

:fish_palm:Just claim that you drank the coffee slowly enough that is was not hot anymore. Free mug.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
592 posts
10,639 battles

What I see from this post is a lot of "thoughts", "believes" and similar.

Even though it was clearly stated what vessels can be used before buying naything I visited forum to be extra sure. First post I find was about exactly that thing.

Now you can say that it is no ones duty to read a forum (or in general gather information) before buying anything and I do agree with that.

But you should not complain about you beign lazy. Just do not act surprized when your belives are not met by reality.

Players
1,074 posts
11,942 battles
13 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

*sigh* 

well once again into the breach....

45 minutes ago, The_Reichtangle said:

It did state this for the whole action on the News Page...

I don't know how your coffee with mug metaphore fits into that but it is a clear statement of 

IF YOU BUY HOT COFFEE YOU WILL GET THE MUG IF YOU HAVE AN OLD COFFEE STANDING ARROUND.

That this whole black thing could have been stated more clearly on the Premium Storepage i can agree on. 

But i find myself hardpressed in accepting the rest of your Argument there mate. I am sorry.

Players
1,074 posts
11,942 battles
Just now, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Now you can say that it is no ones duty to read a forum (or in general gather information) before buying anything and I do agree with that.

But you should not complain about you beign lazy. Just do not act surprized when your belives are not met by reality.

Agreed you can say so but the law thinks diffrent, it is by no means the duty of a company to inform you about every little detail they only have to make the information accessible and that was done with every promotional post , video on the content. The Forum is just a bonus where you can ask others about it and by all means should.

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,909 posts
10,304 battles
9 minutes ago, The_Reichtangle said:

*sigh* 

well once again into the breach....

You can parade around that image proudly, but the arguments I see here have been used since the very first incident of this kind, when such a message was not present.

Your argument has received vindication, it is still not a good one.
There's a ****ing good reason why retailers don't pull stunts like these, and WG is getting away with it because online commerce of virtual goods in gaming products are in such a weird place. 
It's also the reason why retailers wouldn't even dare to pull off lootboxes.

So, I ask you, what about all the people who got screwed over before such message?

• Cool 1

Players
1,074 posts
11,942 battles

Simple Answer : Read reviews before purchase

Complicated Answer : We are talinking about a drop in to a sale made by WG as acknowledgement for People that own the Regular Version of that vessels. So it is hardly false advertising as proclaimed. If i would be the marketing guy i wouldn't have tossed that in as it can be easy misconstrued by feelings of a customer that you have to take into account before constructing an Offer.

Legally WG is not getting away with anyway because they have not done anything wrong. The Legal Code on the issue is clear for the EU in that anmd has been observed on the issue as you have dedicated sales pages in multiple laguages it did tell about that in the Video Pitch with the Offers.... And there are discussion threads on the Forums. Trippled Fullfillment of served notice. Of course as i agreeded 4 times by now one could avoid a little more outcry by stating it a NOTCH clearer on the Sales Page in the Premium Store cause it only identifies the Dubloons will be given out for Shipname omitting the B for black. But to be brutally honest and as someone with experience in negotiation and such i don't see why one would have to go the 4th Extra Mile not requiered.

And if that all still is not enough there is a customer service and EU Law that states that you can get a god damn refund in the first 14 days for no reason what so ever even on digital goods..... 

So for crying out god damn loud if people do not want to read or do not want to excercise their rights, how is that in the ballpark of the selling company that legally did everything right?

• Boring 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
12,382 posts
17,534 battles

Honestly I'd love to know what WG's viewpoint is on this.

Anyone care to comment @MrConway @Tuccy @Crysantos? Do you believe this was communicated clearly enough or is there room for improvement?

[MIAU]
Players
3,758 posts
12 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

So, I ask you, what about all the people who got screwed over before such message?

They have been offered refunds on the purchase if they contacted CS. That was addressed in several messages by various community coordinators.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,604 posts
7,520 battles

Stop embarassing yourself....If you can't read, that's your problem

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,825 posts
9,167 battles
1 hour ago, eliastion said:

Arguing in N-th thread started by another misled person person who messed up that it's not misleading they didn't mess up is pretty ridiculous.

FTFY

• Boring 1