Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OrtegaSLO

WG started to scamm people ?!?

61 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
19 posts
2,127 battles

So I got myself a black premium ship from: https://eu.wargaming...specials/11408/

With the ship you get:

Port slot

Combat Mission for 2,5000 doubloons on Massachusetts.

Guess what ?

U CANT PLAY THE F**** MISSIONS BECAUSE THEY ARE FOR STANDARD VERSION OF SHIP!

Dont believe me ?

Here is Wg support response:

*Edited*

I feel scammed!

Best regards

OrtegaSLO

2018-12-06_21h31_15.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 10
  • Bad 4

[PONY]
Beta Tester
5,097 posts
8,589 battles

The text says clearly Massachusetts, not Massachusetts B needed. If you cant read and understand, there where also some threads in the forums bout that. I expected an Alphatester knows how to find them.. i feel scammed by a special (snowflake) Alphatester.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
507 posts
9,010 battles

I'm sorry that you feel cheated, but no.

This is a case of caveat emptor, blinded by the special 2500 doubloon cashback you didn't understand the product properly.

This was addressed in the forums as soon as the Black Friday versions were released on sale. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
514 posts
10,614 battles

Those 2500 doubloons are meant to be a "bonus" for buying Massachusetts B even though you already own the regular Massachusetts.

[NED]
Players
4,376 posts
12,061 battles

Though it is subject to confusion I must admit. It's still stated in the purchase. So technically I can't say it's a scam. Though WG might state it much more clearly or even better: give that wretched mission to all versions.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,437 posts
8,886 battles

@OrtegaSLO - this whole thing was covered off rather thoroughly elsewhere; you appear to have been the victim of insufficient scrolling.

My response to one of the other discussions may be of mild interest: 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,439 battles
35 minutes ago, OrtegaSLO said:

Port slot

Combat Mission for 2,5000 doubloons on Massachusetts.

It clearly states Massachusetts not Massachusetts B. That mission is for those who have BOTH ships.

And do we really need yet another thread? There are at least 50 of them already about THIS EXACT THING, can't you read any one of them before spamming yet another one?

25 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

tv38JqD.jpg

A week? Couple times per day sounds more like it in this case :Smile_veryhappy:

Players
4,562 posts
8,246 battles
7 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

And do we really need yet another thread? There are at least 50 of them already about THIS EXACT THING, can't you read any one of them before spamming yet another one?

Well, the fact that it keeps popping up from a lot of people, indicates, that something is misleading there.

If we look from the perspective of someone, who owns Massa (not B), the description is pretty clear. Now, put yourself into the position of someone, who doesnt own Massa. He goes to the shop, sees the offer and thinks "hey, its a nice offer , I can get some dubloons back just by playing that new ship". IMO - it is confusing enough to mislead people. WG should make the mission available for people, who dont own Massa. I dont think its good, that people feel scammed because one letter is there or not there. And that right before Xmas. @MrConway @Crysantos. just my 5c.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,437 posts
8,886 battles
11 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Well, the fact that it keeps popping up from a lot of people, indicates, that something is misleading there.

If we look from the perspective of someone, who owns Massa (not B), the description is pretty clear. Now, put yourself into the position of someone, who doesnt own Massa. He goes to the shop, sees the offer and thinks "hey, its a nice offer , I can get some dubloons back just by playing that new ship". IMO - it is confusing enough to mislead people. WG should make the mission available for people, who dont own Massa. I dont think its good, that people feel scammed because one letter is there or not there. And that right before Xmas. @MrConway @Crysantos. just my 5c.

As I said in the post I linked to above, the key problem with what WG posted is a combination of wishful thinking, and human behaviour - if you're involved in e-commerce in any way, you ideally need to put critical information on the first screen that people see.

If anyone read the *entire* product entry for the black MA, and not just the stuff at the top, there was very little scope for confusion (once the ad had been tweaked from its initial version); the problem is that I bet very few people did...

WG must have heat maps etc. for their various pages - this all rather gives the impression that whoever covers this sort of thing has been somewhat over-enthusiastic 

*Edited*

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,437 posts
8,886 battles

(if it were me, I would have risked messing up the look of the thing by including the words 'NOT Black Massachusetts' in the earliest mission blurb)

• Cool 2

Players
2,052 posts
10,940 battles
5 hours ago, OrtegaSLO said:

I feel scammed!

You should be. Why did you scam yourself by not reading properly. Make sure to lodge a ticket to yourself and let us know the result.

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

While I have to resist the urge to punsh you with something made of steel for not reading a damn word and just simply hammering the "BUY" button...

5 hours ago, OrtegaSLO said:

WG started to scamm people ?!?

Welcome to the world of online gaming...

It ain't your first time and it won't be the last time!

As long as the mother of idiots is always pregnant, companies like Wargaming, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft or Bethesta will dupe the fools!

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Looking at its stats, it does not have Mass...

:Smile_trollface:

[SCRUB]
Players
3,433 posts
9,234 battles
7 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Agreed. WG fucked up here and despite seein the "problem" they are still sticking with it.

AT LEAST PUT SOME CLEAR INFO IN IT

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
3,433 posts
9,234 battles
1 hour ago, lafeel said:

It's no scam. What we have here is a failiure to read.

No. Its misleading. 

• Cool 3

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,840 posts
3,634 battles
2 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

No. Its misleading. 

How so? That line could not be any clearer.

• Boring 1

Players
2,052 posts
10,940 battles
24 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

No. Its misleading. 

How is "COMBAT MISSION FOR 2,500 DOUBLOONS FOR MASSACHUSETTS" be misleading? No where in the statement said that its for Massachusetts Black. If anything it would be OP's own mistaken assumption that the mission was for Massachusetts Black.

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,433 posts
9,234 battles
22 minutes ago, lafeel said:

How so? That line could not be any clearer.

Tell youself that when your in the same situation.. even if its for a yoghurt.

There are several ppl who thought the mission is for the ship that they are buying. Since the mission is advertised even on product image one would expect so. Adding that the ships names differ only in one letter smells bad as it is. And since many pointed out its missleading (ones who purchased and ones who didn't, WG should fix the damn text to avoid further situations like this).

You being on WG side and even insulting ppl by telling them that they cant read is not ... moral? Or envious... idk... smug perhaps.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
3,433 posts
9,234 battles
4 minutes ago, pra3y said:

How is "COMBAT MISSION FOR 2,500 DOUBLOONS FOR MASSACHUSETTS" be misleading? No where in the statement said that its for Massachusetts Black. If anything it would be OP's own mistaken assumption that the mission was for Massachusetts Black.

Its a text that clears the confusion. Why not fix it? To hard to do it? For x sake stop being so fkn smug to the ppl that got burned.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
19,970 posts
12,420 battles
3 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Tell youself that when your in the same situation.. even if its for a yoghurt.

Most people who experience that are angry at themselves for not reading properly.