You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Santa Claus Containers: A Time of Gifts! - Discussion Thread

243 comments in this topic

[CXFDK]
[CXFDK]
Players
2 posts
10,414 battles

Last year there was premium time in the santa boxes as well. Why have that been removed?

I really loved getting 180 days of premium last year, so I think I'll dial down on my purchases this year.

• Cool 3

[OPPAI]
[OPPAI]
Players
3 posts
2,947 battles

how does the xp/coal ships get compensated if getting another? any set values in doubloons or its value in xp=doubloons?

[-GG-]
Players
160 posts
10,596 battles

And the chances to get Missouri or other ships from Small Gift ? Like 0,0000001% ?

I really think such "events' should be banned for misleading information.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[AXIOM]
[AXIOM]
Players
9 posts
7,114 battles

"Your first gifts—two festive boxes from Santa Claus—will be waiting for you right in the game! To get these, simply enter the Port and press the 
"Santa Claus Containers" banner."

There were no boxes waiting for me and there was no banner to click on.

Here is all what I collected today. I must have been a very bad boy. Santa skip'ed me and instead Grinch visited my post... :( 

ss0612.jpg

dock0612.jpg

• Funny 1

Players
7 posts
5,037 battles

Did 20x big containers ... again..... did i do better?? ... ehh no .... tier 5 ship and Tirpitz ... which i already have ..... end of containers for me. 

• Funny 2

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,094 battles
1 minute ago, Budget_War said:

what are the odds for each item per container type?

the odds are balanced tm

• Funny 8

[-CC-]
Players
3 posts
7,924 battles
14 minutes ago, ZekaPekaa said:

"Your first gifts—two festive boxes from Santa Claus—will be waiting for you right in the game! To get these, simply enter the Port and press the 

Here is all what I collected today. I must have been a very bad boy. Santa skip'ed me and instead Grinch visited my post... :( 

Same thing... after clicking banner nothing happened and then - after restarting game - no banner, no free santa crates.

• Cool 1

[RNDV]
Players
11 posts
1,767 battles

4 New year streamers and 50 Equal Speed Charlie London - thanks Wargaming, Merry Christmas ! ( although I thought I'd been a really good boy this year and would end up with the Trump wagon - obviously not ;) )

Players
18 posts
9,582 battles

Check out this thread on the NA forum...

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/176360-santa-boxes-60-opened-what-i-got-what-you-can-get-missouri-belfast-kutuzov/

Someone posted the odds

Type 59 camo's apparently are not included, we will see. I sell these for credit when I get them from missions. why... because they cost you dubloons (if you're not careful)

Anyone  noticed this year, you don't get premium days, the only reason I'm interested in these mega containers.

At least they are the same price as last year.

This game is at the end of the day a computer program, they can set the odds to anything they like, when they like.

Perhaps not at wargaming but I can imagine the situation (in some company) where you have.....

"Hey Joe"

"Yes boss"

"Joe, revenue is down a little this week, go tweek the RNG a few points"

"Yes boss"

There's nothing to stop them doing that...

No regulation, no law

No published odds, no published win rate, so no criteria to measure against.

This is now happening all the time, in every major game, people are being con'd, it needs regulating.

When you go in to booky, you know the odds and you actually get money back when you win, here you don't know the odds and you get a chance, just a chance of getting something (hopefully nice) "virtual" in-game, that has no value out side the game....

Its wrong, its should be illegal and needs to be regulated across the entire gaming industry.

Belgium has laws preventing this expoitation in games against children and banned EA games, EA is actually challenging there right to charge children for gambling in game.

This crap needs to stop

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[LIEGE]
Players
7 posts
14 minutes ago, RevelAndQuaff said:

Check out this thread on the NA forum...

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/176360-santa-boxes-60-opened-what-i-got-what-you-can-get-missouri-belfast-kutuzov/

Someone posted the odds

Type 59 camo's apparently are not included, we will see. I see these for credit when I get them from missions. why... because they cost you dubloons (if you not careful)

Anyone  noticed this year, you don't get premium days, the only reason I'm interested in these mega containers.

At least they are the same price as last year.

This game is at the end of the day a computer program, they can set the odds to anything they like, when they like.

Perhaps not at wargaming but I can imagine the situation (in some company) where you have.....

"Hey Joe"

"Yes boss"

"Joe, revenue is down a little this week, go tweek the RNG a few points"

"Yes boss"

There's nothing to stop them doing that...

No regulation, no law

No published odds, no published win rate, so no criteria to measure against.

This is now happening all the time, in every major game, people are being con'd, it needs regulating.

When you go in to booky, you know the odds and you actually get money back when you win, here you don't know the odds and you get a chance, just a chance of getting something (hopefully nice) "virtual" in-game, that has no value out side the game....

Its wrong, its should be illegal and needs to be regulated across the entire gaming industry.

Belgium has laws preventing this expoitation in games against children and banned EA games, EA is actually challenging there right to charge children for gambling in game.

This crap needs to stop

Last what I have heard of this matter is that EU are considering bought Loot boxes as gambling. Just because you don't precisley know what you get with your money before you pay. Let see if they regulate it as in Belgium have done. 

• Cool 1

Players
51 posts
19,013 battles
32 minutes ago, Krinag said:

Same thing... after clicking banner nothing happened and then - after restarting game - no banner, no free santa crates. 

51 minutes ago, ZekaPekaa said:

Idem! :(

[KINGS]
[KINGS]
Players
18 posts
10,208 battles

Worthless Santa gifts this year, last year was better esp with the Premium time in them, not buying a single one this year..... and ive usually bought 60 mega's each year...

Players
320 posts
1 hour ago, Krinag said:

The banner took me to a link to buy the containers... but i did get 2 containers with signals, i think 50 of each. You can even get ships on small containers but i wouldn't put my money on it.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,139 posts
2,239 battles
1 hour ago, lightning_991 said:

Hello fellow captains,

I wanted to know why I can't buy the Santa containers. When I click on the link it says ITEM UNAVAILABLE.

Due to the legislative restrictions recently established in Belgium we have been forced to remove access to containers sold in the Premium Shop for players residing there.

1 hour ago, ZekaPekaa said:

ss0612.jpg

dock0612.jpg

Relog, switch to the container screen and then click on the Santa Crate banner on the left - you can claim your free containers there.

• Cool 4

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,994 posts
8 minutes ago, MrConway said:

for players residing there.

Does that mean that if a Belgian player enters the premium shop from a WiFi in a French boulangerie near Amiens or a Dutch coffeeshop near Delft he can access the offers, or has WG made it so that if the profile says you live in Belgium, you can’t buy containers, whether you are currently in Brussels, Tokyo, Berlin or Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch?

(Not for me, I have no interest in gambling, I’m more than satisfied with the 2 free crates upon logging in, and the ones I can earn by playing and maybe watching a stream)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2