You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

New moneysink idea for all those people with nothing to spend their cash on - ship fuel!?

37 comments in this topic

Players
1,612 posts
5,754 battles

All ships require fuel to run right, so as part of service costs after each battle. You must buy fuel for your ship, no fuel no fight?

Maybe even have premium fuels with different engine performance characteristics for your ship:

Refined Oil (regular fuel), Superleaded 95 Oil (premium fuel +5% engine boost)

• Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 14

[NWP]
Players
2,121 posts
13,589 battles

I see where you're going with this. So if I don't move and sit in spawn I can avoid the fuel costs?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 16

Players
1,612 posts
5,754 battles
1 minute ago, 159Hunter said:

I see where you're going with this. So if I don't move and sit in spawn I can avoid the fuel costs?

Yeh campers would have less fuel costs I guess if you wanted to have fuel capacity on some kind of ticker, but then again if you move around too much you could in theory run out of fuel which would suck.

Maybe just having fixed fuel costs per game relevant to the size of the ship would be better, with premium fuel costing more but giving in-game advantages

[NWP]
Players
2,121 posts
13,589 battles

On a serious note though: why would you want to add fuel? What's the benefit? All you'll do is make the economy harder to understand for 95% of the population (you know, all those that don't read patch notes and forums).

PS: running out of fuel is a seriously bad idea. For starters because the distances covered in this game aren't even close to the ranges of real ships (I know I know, it's a simulater and we're exceding cruise speeds by a substantial manner, but nowhere near enough to justify consuming all your fuel).

PS2: Adding premium fuel is just meh. 

• Cool 5

Players
1,395 posts
5,539 battles

Credit sinks should be something cosmetic like 50M for Coloured Tracers on a ship (not a captain) or an over-sized national flag (x2 the current size) etc rather than anything which gives a game boost. 

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
2,075 posts
6,394 battles

In theory it sounds good, in actuall game it would just encourage a super campy meta. 

Leave fuel depletion for simulators. 

There are many other ways to make a credit sink, give more cammos avalable for silver would be my idea. 

Example:

2016 Gamescom cammo, 1 cammo for 100.000 silver or similar? 

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
3,237 posts
8,595 battles
50 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

All ships require fuel to run right, so as part of service costs after each battle. You must buy fuel for your ship, no fuel no fight?

Maybe even have premium fuels with different engine performance characteristics for your ship:

Refined Oil (regular fuel), Superleaded 95 Oil (premium fuel +5% engine boost)

And the point of this post is?

Cmon, you can do better than this.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

Players
1,612 posts
5,754 battles
2 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

In theory it sounds good, in actuall game it would just encourage a super campy meta. 

Leave fuel depletion for simulators. 

There are many other ways to make a credit sink, give more cammos avalable for silver would be my idea. 

Example:

35 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Maybe just having fixed fuel costs per game relevant to the size of the ship would be better

??

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
3,237 posts
8,595 battles

What, dont you like my reply?

I mean do some creative suggestions instead of sarcastic trolling. If you were serious, than its just worse than I imagined. Im pissed about all the resources already, dont go giving some ideas about a new one.

As I wrote before... If they add sheep, we can hava a Catan minigame.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
2,226 posts
16,658 battles

Well we do have oil resource in the game no? Nothing stopping them from displaying and letting you use the individual oil, also make ships spend oil dependant on size, say one oil unit spent per battle for driving out a dd, 2 units for a cruiser and 3-4 units for bb/cv would cull bb levels soon (tm) as well :Smile_trollface:

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,753 posts
4,967 battles
37 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Example:

That would be like selling 200k+ credits, for 100k credits. Not really a credit sink, is it? :D

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
3,237 posts
8,595 battles
33 minutes ago, Blixies said:

That would be like selling 200k+ credits, for 100k credits. Not really a credit sink, is it? :D

Dont worry ... MM makes sure you get a bot team if you equip all the flags and camo on you ship ;)

• Cool 3

Players
908 posts
8,303 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

And the point of this post is?

Cmon, you can do better than this.

Are you sure about that?  :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[BGBRD]
Players
322 posts
9,640 battles

Is this a mocking thread inspired by the new "Premium" premium time in WoWs... or just boredom?

[SCRUB]
Players
3,237 posts
8,595 battles
13 minutes ago, DJ_Die said:

Are you sure about that?  :Smile_hiding:

My initial reaction to the post was like

arnold-schwarzenegger-suspicious-true-li

• Funny 1

Players
1,612 posts
5,754 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

What, dont you like my reply?

I mean do some creative suggestions instead of sarcastic trolling. If you were serious, than its just worse than I imagined. Im pissed about all the resources already, dont go giving some ideas about a new one.

As I wrote before... If they add sheep, we can hava a Catan minigame.

I am serious....

Players
1,612 posts
5,754 battles
1 hour ago, AnEvilJoke said:

Premium ammunition...

I already suggested that but everyone was like no. Im trying to start new trends in thinking. 

Sometimes I even amaze myself at how intelligent I can be. Imagination knows no bounds...

• Funny 1

Players
2,666 posts
245 battles

I would keep credit sinks mainly to cosmetic items since you could also potentially get the community involved and have contests for shell tracers or even effects, ship skins, captain skins etc.

Players
507 posts
1,840 battles
3 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Maybe just having fixed fuel costs per game relevant to the size of the ship would be better, with premium fuel costing more but giving in-game advantages

46 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Sometimes I even amaze myself at how intelligent I can be. Imagination knows no bounds...

Then I'm surprised you didn't already imagine that fuel could be considered part of the fixed running costs we already have.

What does the idea of premium fuel add to the game that we don't already have with the Sierra Mike flag?

My feeling is that there are plenty of parameters to take into account when setting up your ships properly, and we don't really need more. And it doesn't make intuitive sense for fuel and ammo to be part of that, as warships' capacity for those (unlike, e.g., tanks') was

so large in comparison to what they could expect to use in a 20-minute engagement.

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I already suggested that but everyone was like no. Im trying to start new trends in thinking. 

Can't understand why... :cap_wander:

I mean the common playerbase is so simple-minded (and have way to much money plus the wrong priorities in life) to throw the average GDP of smaller island countries at Wargaming every time they release new ships or especially these gambeling containers (#X-mas #BlackFriday #Halloween)... What's there a couple thousand bucks more for ammunition each week? :cap_yes:

Let's be serious for a minute here...

42845383_oldman_416.jpg

If you love the game you support Wargaming!

And not that it would be mandatory, if you don't want to you can still get damage and kills via ramming.

[XODUS]
Players
797 posts
4,770 battles

i thought this was a semi sensible post about asking wargaming to put Coal in the premium shop 

Beta Tester
2,075 posts
6,394 battles
5 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

?

When you write before you have coffe and before you read. 

Done did it again :Smile_smile:

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
706 posts
11,267 battles

The game needs a credit sink, although I've not got all silver line ships in port yet. The credit sink should be something of a rip off, since that is what it should be designed to do - get rid of excess credits.

So maybe over priced cammo's, signals etc..