You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Croesyceiliog

Neptune running costs

22 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts
3,025 battles

Am I the only person who finds the servicing costs on this ship too high? I have the permanent camo on her, and yet if I play Co-Op Battles at all with her I find that even if I have a good battle and sink 3 or 4 bots I still tend to make a financial loss on this ship.

Accordingly I end up playing my Gearing in either Co-Op or Random battles to fund the playing of the Neptune. 

If I didn't have the Gearing I don't think I'd be able to keep playing because I'd run out of cash.

Comments please?

[BYOB]
Players
3,081 posts
11,109 battles
5 minutes ago, Croesyceiliog said:

Am I the only person who finds the servicing costs on this ship too high? I have the permanent camo on her, and yet if I play Co-Op Battles at all with her I find that even if I have a good battle and sink 3 or 4 bots I still tend to make a financial loss on this ship.

Accordingly I end up playing my Gearing in either Co-Op or Random battles to fund the playing of the Neptune. 

If I didn't have the Gearing I don't think I'd be able to keep playing because I'd run out of cash.

Comments please? 

Seeing as T9s are in a bad spot already, I see no reason why WG shouldn't improve the servicing cost reduction on the permanent camos.

[TOAST]
Players
1,998 posts
25,653 battles

Co op isn't really a mode for making credits, unless you play T4-T6 for example Kami or Independence.

Players
7 posts
3,025 battles
Just now, iJoby said:

Co op isn't really a mode for making credits.

I'm not saying it should, but I don't think it should be a loss making experience in a good game either.

[TOAST]
Players
1,998 posts
25,653 battles
6 minutes ago, Croesyceiliog said:

I'm not saying it should, but I don't think it should be a loss making experience in a good game either.

You have to make credits to cover costs, and to get Neptune to cover repair cost, you will need to do a lot, 3 kills, 2 solo caps, 2mil potential damage, at least 1 kill by torps, 20 plane kills, etc etc

Any chance of seeing a recent score card?

Players
7 posts
3,025 battles
1 minute ago, iJoby said:

You have to make credits to cover costs, and to get Neptune to cover repair cost, you will need to do a lot, 3 kills, 2 solo caps, 2mil potential damage, at least 1 kill by torps, 20 plane kills, etc etc

Totally - and I think this is too much. Sure in a bad game you should lose credits - but really in an average game you should break even and in a good game you should make some profit.

I know in my Gearing I can do very little in a battle and still break even.

[TOAST]
Players
1,998 posts
25,653 battles

But if you play a T6 after you play Neptune, you will make more credits, I play Independence on Co op and the service cost is about 30k, in a good game and premium account, you can make 130k+ credits a game.

[PMI]
Players
2,400 posts
5,608 battles
24 minutes ago, Croesyceiliog said:

Comments please?

Yes you are, my neptune experience is money worthy so far.

I dont use perma camo but the pants camo with 20% extra income, hardly if ever lose cash.

Why would you kill so many BBs? Your main focus are other cruisers and DDs, you ever think of that?

And I only play Coop now.

shot-18.11.28_12.36.18-0334.jpg

shot-18.11.26_11.44.46-0788.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
7 posts
3,025 battles
3 minutes ago, iJoby said:

But if you play a T6 after you play Neptune, you will make more credits, I play Independence on Co op and the service cost is about 30k, in a good game and premium account, you can make 130k+ credits a game.

Again I agree. I just think it's wrong as it stands. I play Co-Op battles sometimes for two reasons - a) its quicker and b) I dont need to be so focussed.

I just think its wrong that on Neptune it causes a downward credit spiral.

Players
7 posts
3,025 battles
2 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Why would you kill so many BBs? Your main focus are other cruisers and DDs, you ever think of that?

I'm confused. I'm not aware that I said I did.

More often than not in a co-op game in one of the cap circles I'll take out a DD first, then often a cruiser, then all being well and with a bit of luck the will be a BB in the circle too.

The game ends before I can get to another cap.....

[PMI]
Players
2,400 posts
5,608 battles
1 minute ago, Croesyceiliog said:

I'm confused. I'm not aware that I said I did.

More often than not in a co-op game in one of the cap circles I'll take out a DD first, then often a cruiser, then all being well and with a bit of luck the will be a BB in the circle too.

The game ends before I can get to another cap.....

My bad, I read BBs instead of bots.

Still, why do you fail where I dont?

As asked, please provide some end of game screens for gauge.

Players
7 posts
3,025 battles

I really don't know. I see in both battles you have the shots from there are clearly enemy aircraft carriers - obviously Neptune as good AA guns and maybe that helps with the score a lot.

I'll get some screen shots over the next couple of days.

At the moment I'm mystified.

[PMI]
Players
2,400 posts
5,608 battles
Just now, Croesyceiliog said:

obviously Neptune as good AA guns and maybe that helps with the score a lot.

:Smile_trollface:

Yeah, no, not at all...

A said, get us some screenies, Ill be checking your profile.

And after cursory research, your profile still has not updated, or, it gives no neptune games.

However, you seem to lack any BB experience, so get on that, you can only beat them if you know them.

But if you just started on the neptune, its no wonder its underperforming, takes some adjusting coming from the eddy.

If my screenies prove anything, is that it can work.

[-AP-]
Players
592 posts
2,686 battles

The effort put into a good coop game is about the same as a bad/afk random game, so why should the reward be any higher?

• Boring 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,081 posts
11,109 battles
19 minutes ago, thiextar said:

The effort put into a good coop game is about the same as a bad/afk random game, so why should the reward be any higher?

Well, to be honest a coop game requires a lot more effort than what you put into writing your post. Since the matter at hand doesn't concern you and you have nothing practical to contribute, but some bad vibes, move along.

Croesyceiliog has put about 15€ on his Neptune, by buying a permanent camo and I think this is reason enough for him not to lose silver when having an average game in his ship in coop.

People who play coop with standard camos should understand the consequences though.

• Cool 2

[-AP-]
Players
592 posts
2,686 battles
4 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Well, to be honest a coop game requires a lot more effort than what you put into writing your post. Since the matter at hand doesn't concern you and you have nothing practical to contribute, but some bad vibes, move along.

Croesyceiliog has put about 15€ on his Neptune, by buying a permanent camo and I think this is reason enough for him not to lose silver when having an average game in his ship in coop.

People who play coop with standard camos should understand the consequences though.

All im saying is that income should be decided by skills and effort. Coop is very low effort in comparison to random battles, thus the income is a lot lower. Makes perfect sense

[BYOB]
Players
3,081 posts
11,109 battles
13 minutes ago, thiextar said:

All im saying is that income should be decided by skills and effort. Coop is very low effort in comparison to random battles, thus the income is a lot lower. Makes perfect sense

To you, because you don't play coop and have demonstrated a low opinion of people playing this mode.

But it's not about coop and that's what you are ignoring. It's about the fact that even though he paid money for a permanent camo he is still losing silver.

[-AP-]
Players
592 posts
2,686 battles
21 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

To you, because you don't play coop and have demonstrated a low opinion of people playing this mode.

But it's not about coop and that's what you are ignoring. It's about the fact that even though he paid money for a permanent camo he is still losing silver.

And? If i buy a premium camo for a t9 ship, and play her like crap in random battles, ill lose credits too.

[AVRDM]
Players
1,402 posts
6,407 battles

On the other hand the perma camo of tier X allows a multitude of potatoes to flood the level because they do not lose credits no matter how stupid they may be. WG logic.

The number of players in tier VIII and especially tier IX is low. Why it will be uhm what a mystery!

[PK11]
Beta Tester
618 posts
10,030 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, Hesp sagte:

The number of players in tier VIII and especially tier IX is low. Why it will be uhm what a mystery!

Can't be too long until Ranked with tier 9.

On topic: the economy seems to be build around random game mode. Co-op is the appendix to the random bowels.

But I  like that OP plead his case. Good luck. Just a thought: do you use premium consumables? That would seem a waste of credits in co-op. 

[JRM]
Players
957 posts
13,500 battles

Uuuhh, better dont hold your breath for that t9 ranked unless you want to suffocate, flooding the tier 9 with broken (not saying op) ships (even more so of late) wont help either and wg already stated something on similar lines before, they could bump up the service coat reduction on all permacamos from t6-t9 a bit though lets say 5-10% more reduction per tier, would make all ships with such camos much more viable in coop, would possibly enfringe on premiums 2 much perhaps

Players
104 posts
8,364 battles

That is actually strange and looks wrong. I have recently been doing co-op in Minotaur and I have made Money. So Neptune should earn more. One thing that comes to my mind are torpedoes. You use a lot of torps but they miss. One torp is around 1k silver. You use 20-40 per game and there goes your money.