You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SirMoneyBagsThe2nd

Storms in WoWs

8 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts

So I have been wondering this for some time now, as there are a few storms or so to say events in the matches where either a cyclone, snowstorm or regular storm comes and limits view. But we are yet to see an actual storm with the ships flowing dynamically over waves and thunder etc. I do think this would take a lot of time to make development wise, but I also think it would be absolutely great to have and give a real feel to how rough the open sea can be and in what situation ships can get during storms and especially fights aswell. 
One great example of what I'd love to see is from the trailer The Storm, which basically shows various ships in a very heavy storm at sea. I do think this would be awesome personally but I don't know, will this ever be a thing?
I would love to know.

[-AP-]
Players
588 posts
2,683 battles

In what way would the storms change gameplay?

What would be the balance implications? How will it favor certain ship classes? How will it work?

How would gameplay be like during storm? What will the biggest focus for the play be? etc etc. These are the questions you need to think about and answer if you want your proposal to be taken seriously :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Players
913 posts
7,150 battles
4 hours ago, SirMoneyBagsThe2nd said:

But we are yet to see an actual storm with the ships flowing dynamically over waves and thunder etc.

You can see it today in the Hermes mission. It's just cosmetic, and rightfully so. 

[PK11]
Beta Tester
610 posts
9,914 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, invicta2012 sagte:

You can see it today in the Hermes mission. It's just cosmetic, and rightfully so. 

This topic was discussed quite often before. Kindly use forum search and have this thread closed.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,381 posts
13,782 battles

Moving storm fronts have been added to the game fairly recently.

Spoiler

Js0UGAG.jpg

I honestly forgot what exactly they do but it does have impact on gameplay (I think it lowers your concealment and increases dispersion of ships firing at you or something along those lines)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,824 posts
6,109 battles
37 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Moving storm fronts have been added to the game fairly recently.

Reveal hidden contents

Js0UGAG.jpg

I honestly forgot what exactly they do but it does have impact on gameplay (I think it lowers your concealment and increases dispersion of ships firing at you or something along those lines)

From what i remember, it lowers your concealment and the gun bloom when firing, no change to accuracy to my knowledge. 

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[BGBRD]
Players
230 posts
8,995 battles
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

From what i remember, it lowers your concealment and the gun bloom when firing, no change to accuracy to my knowledge. 

:Smile_honoring:

In my experience maybe only the gun bloom work as intended... the concealment stays the same, or just the hard cap was near the DDs level of concealment... :cap_hmm:

[W-C]
Players
412 posts
1,767 battles

According to patch notes...

Spoiler

The changing weather conditions will make it harder to detect ships both by air and by sea: with the detectability range of destroyers and the other types of ships reduced by 10% and 20%, respectively. The visibility range is reduced to 30 km; the period of increased detectability of a ship after firing the main guns is also reduced, returning to normal in 7 seconds instead of 20 seconds; and the maximum dispersion of shells in the area affected by the foul weather increases by a multiple of 1.3. The Thunderstorm Front does not have any effect on the operation of a ship's consumables.

If there is an area of foul weather between ships, their detectability is calculated taking into account the visibility modifier. However, this does not affect potential third observers whose line of sight doesn't cross (or run through) the Thunderstorm Front zone.

• Cool 2