You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bavi0014

Carrier Rework Round 3. My notes.

1 comment in this topic

Players
4 posts
288 battles

Carrier Rework Round 3... Feedback from me and what I think needs to be improved.

I don't know where to post the feedback from the rework but I just did it here

After being apart of the Rework testing then I found out a lot of stuff for the people wondering.
1: The Torpedoes were very different... USA having the best..
The carriers of the 2 nations of course were very different from each other... USA of course focused on the Fighter squadrons... With them having a highly damaging one or a lot... The problem though was that when you reached the last tiers of each carriers in the rework between IJN and USA... Then it clearly showed that USA was easiest to play... IJN was lacking A LOT to be balanced with the USA Carriers... The IJN didn't have a change in how many torpedoes it could use at attack one over the course of all the carriers it had in it's tech tree... It was always 1 per plane... While the American torpedo planes had 2 on each plane..and a lot of planes used while attacking... Sadly enough then the Japanese side needs to be fixed on their way of carriers... Even if the Japanese focused on the torpedoes then it should be shown in the gameplay of the Japanese Hakuryu 
2: The fighters were very different in the end
The fighters were fine in the start.. each side had a balanced term of rockets that they used each time... and it was great.. You couldn't see any difference between each other until the Tier X carrier... The fighters for the Hakuryu of course was just as the american side... But of course then due to Americans focusing on fighters then yeah... But it still had a big difference between each side... The americans used A LOT MORE rockets than the Japanese did... which was also a probem
3: Bombers

Gladly then the bombers were fine... Both sides were balanced and yeah
4: Planes used in an attack
Even though we see the amount of planes used in doing an attack.. then Americans use a bit more... I think the Japanese still does more damage..but this should be optional

In general then it needs improvement for balancing..
What we know so far then we already know that the Americans focus Fighter planes.. even though the British should do that... And that the Japanese should focus on torpedoes.. even though they don't... They pretty much focus on nothing it seems as...
I of course show no hate towards Wargaming... But this is mostly my notes to what needs to be improved
Oh and uh.. A lot of stuff that I have written here might be wrong.. Since I haven't tried the rework in some time since they closed.. but yeah...
I hope balancing will be improved... It's a problem which needs to be fixed as quick...

Bugs:
I have only encountered around 3 bugs.. but can only remember two
1: When spectating someone's carrier and not squadron.. then I have seen that some planes take off from a group.. out in the sea and gets teleported onto the runway of the carrier.. a bit weird and hard to describe but yeah..
2: When I spawned in then the camera was just stuck to the air at where I was spawned..and not the carrier.. but when I spawned in my squadron then it was fixed.

Improvements:
1: When spectating a person's squadrons.. then we need to be able to see it up close.. since when I spectate then it's mostly almost from a far... Maybe make the camera a bit closer
2: I have also found out that you can use the mouse to move... instead of WASD... The mouse though needs to be 360* in movement since it seems that you have to look forward and use the (around 80*) degress of angle that you can move the squadron wtih mouse
3: When spectating carriers then we should also be able to see all the squadrons on the carrier instead of there being none.. a little boring
4: And the last one is pretty much is to make the planes on the carriers to have their back wheel onto the carrier..instead of floating.. I of course know it's gonna be done in the publishing of the carrier rework but yeah...

And for those that read all this long text,... Good job!

• Cool 1