You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RivvenDarke

Plans for changing division matchmaking?

35 comments in this topic

[KNODT]
Players
8 posts
8,513 battles

Its nice to see that with the CV rework and the improved T8 MM some changes are already on the way.

A much bigger concern for me is the 3-division matchmaking, especially including a CV. If one Team has one of those and the other has not or just a low tier, the game is basically over before it started.

Are there plans to change this? Afaik in WoT this was implementet like 5 year ago.

Seen this a lot recently and its really frustrating (example included).

shot-18_12_05_15_05.49-0179.thumb.jpg.7b367653973227d096b3090ef70cccc8.jpg 

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,543 battles

Their Midway simply rolled over yours and I doubt that would've looked any different if he was playing solo.

• Cool 3

Players
147 posts
6,573 battles

As said above a change to MM would not have changed anything. That div is hardly comp at all, running a z52 with a cv is not a great idea. Your CV was a ITA player, so that would probably explain why it was a loss. Nothing to do with the mm or any ships in the game, simple shows how much affect a cv with brains has when fighting a potato.

[NWP]
Players
3,570 posts
5,902 battles

Getting stomped by a CV who has 52% WR on account and 54,6% on Midway (56,2% total CV)

I mean cmon... where does it end?

What i do see is a tripple BBaby division who sucked balls as they took all the bottom "topspot" in XP table.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
579 posts
5,010 battles

Can we forbid 3 BB or 3 DD divs?

Or can we get rid of 45% clan divs that reach 30% while playing together?

You want to get rid of CV divs - i want to get rid of divs in my team that makes us loose 4 games in a row ... guys like the above :D

• Cool 3

[5D]
Players
476 posts
20,622 battles

well firstly its not nice that CV rework in on its way and i hope that they cause you just as much if not more trouble than they do now. and secondly, as said before divs will not change and even if the CV was alone he would have wrecked your CV anyway as he wasnt exactly in an AA div.

[OCTO]
[OCTO]
Players
82 posts
6,014 battles

Forgive me the question, mainly due to my non existant experience in CVs but:

what kind of exploit some players would like to eliminate with proposed MM changes to CV divisions? 

I assume that in division with CV comes AA cruiser but almost in all TX games there are DM, Woosters and Minos on both sides. Its rare (from my observations) that sudenly one team has all AA ships and the other team has non. 

So where is the issue? 

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
23 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Getting stomped by a CV who has 52% WR on account and 54,6% on Midway (56,2% total CV)

I mean cmon... where does it end?

What i do see is a tripple BBaby division who sucked balls as they took all the bottom "topspot" in XP table.

Quickly checking if it was me... :fish_nerv:         No.... :cap_like:

2 minutes ago, Nordavindr said:

Forgive me the question, mainly due to my non existant experience in CVs but:

what kind of exploit some players would like to eliminate with proposed MM changes to CV divisions? 

I assume that in division with CV comes AA cruiser but almost in all TX games there are DM, Woosters and Minos on both sides. Its rare (from my observations) that sudenly one team has all AA ships and the other team has non. 

So where is the issue? 

The issue is that the CV+AA+AA division will kill the solo CV, and the solo CV has no chance to kill the div-CV (because of the AA cruisers).

The division already knows, and they communicate... solo CV must be very lucky to have ONE solo AA cruiser protecting him, and he'll not get TWO to do it.

The one team then has a CV, the other one has not - the div-CV keeps everybody perma-spotted and the div-CV can farm damage (almost) uninhibited.

• Funny 2

[NWP]
Players
3,570 posts
5,902 battles
3 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Well... you still have 9k battles to get as "experienced" as one of the derpitzes in the screen :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Well... you still have 9k battles to get as "experienced" as one of the derpitzes in the screen :cap_haloween:

Let's hope I never do... :Smile_trollface:

BTW the weird thing is, usually I have ~1200, would end up in top 3 here.

But that's only 50-60k damage, on average. 

Also - noted that the winning team (deduct 50% for the win) also hasn't got great damage.

[OCTO]
[OCTO]
Players
82 posts
6,014 battles
2 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

The issue is that the CV+AA+AA division will kill the solo CV, and the solo CV has no chance to kill the div-CV (because of the AA cruisers).

The division already knows, and they communicate... solo CV must be very lucky to have ONE solo AA cruiser protecting him, and he'll not get TWO to do it.

The one team then has a CV, the other one has not - the div-CV keeps everybody perma-spotted and the div-CV can farm damage (almost) uninhibited.

Thanks.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,419 posts
13,838 battles
3 hours ago, RivvenDarke said:

Are there plans to change this?

Kinda. Reworked CVs have no counters, so that'll "fix" this issue.

After all you can't make AA divs if AA is worthless.

2 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

This is hilariously untrue.

You see, as a CV player you are ALWAYS in the position to force a stalemate with your opponent regardless of AA opposition. Enemy AA prevents you from striking, it does nothing about your fighters unless you're stupid.

Effectively that means you're both reduced to spotting mules with neither side being capable of striking. A very good trade considering you're already being prevented from striking by the enemy AA ships.

Not that many CV players are actually intelligent enough to play this way however. They'd much rather suicide their planes on enemy AA then complain about CV + AA divs.

• Cool 2

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

This is hilariously untrue.

You see, as a CV player you are ALWAYS in the position to force a stalemate with your opponent regardless of AA opposition. Enemy AA prevents you from striking, it does nothing about your fighters unless you're stupid.

Effectively that means you're both reduced to spotting mules with neither side being capable of striking. A very good trade considering you're already being prevented from striking by the enemy AA ships.

I've seen them do it many times though. The div-CV takes out the enemy solo-CV, and then goes farming.

What happens is a ROFLSTOMP game, even the winning side doesn't get enough time to farm any damage.

3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Not that many CV players are actually intelligent enough to play this way however. They'd much rather suicide their planes on enemy AA then complain about CV + AA divs.

Yeah that's usually what happens. 

I guess that if you're any good in CVs the CV-AA-AA division will not matter much.

I bet you'd be having fun slaughtering them. But you are actually good. Not many are.

[CATS]
Players
14,723 posts
10,879 battles

A high Tier CV that gets himself taken out by the enemy CV is a bad CV.

Even at mid Tier it is easy to defend vs CV strike.

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
155 posts
3,475 battles
17 ore fa, VeryHonarbrah ha scritto:

Your CV was a ITA player, so that would probably explain why it was a loss.

Even in Italy we consider the game already lost if there is an ITA clan CV, it is curious that this habit is widespread in other parts of Europe :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 3

[DAVY]
Players
1,139 posts
5,171 battles

The problem here is not the division, but the brain !

We were in a division with 2 x mino and a wooster.

and a CV in game.

That CV communicated with us, and mopped the floor with the enemy CV,

even though the enemy team had more than a couple AA ships..

are you gonna ban AA ships going into division together?

what do you think about a 2x belfast + flint division?

or 3x stalingrad divisions?

are you gonna ban whatever you think is making you to lose?

If so, start banning yourself, because you are the main reason behind all the success or failure of your results.

• Boring 1

[NED]
Players
4,194 posts
11,706 battles

In my experience the div setup with carriers isn't that much of an influence. It's the WR of the CV player. I'm finding in 99% of the cases the match is decided in favour of the side who's CV has more than 0,5% higher WR over the other. The "good" CV will deplane the "bad one." And after that pick out the rest.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,543 battles
6 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

In my experience the div setup with carriers isn't that much of an influence. It's the WR of the CV player. I'm finding in 99% of the cases the match is decided in favour of the side who's CV has more than 0,5% higher WR over the other. The "good" CV will deplane the "bad one." And after that pick out the rest.

Err ... what? Did I read that correctly? Let me check again ...

6 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

the side who's CV has more than 0,5% higher WR over the other

Yep, read it correctly.

I hope that was hyperbole and not meant to be a genuine, serious argument.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles
21 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I've seen them do it many times though. The div-CV takes out the enemy solo-CV, and then goes farming.

What happens is a ROFLSTOMP game, even the winning side doesn't get enough time to farm any damage

Recently had a game with 3-man division (Lyon, DD and me in Saipan).

From the start I completely shut down enemy CV so I could do what I want; I even devastated one of the enemy DDs in my first attack wave .. yet our team still got stomped .. they died too fast for me to have a decisive impact on that battle. The enemy team didn't have really good AA ships nor a competent CV player (~30% WR in his Ranger), yet they still stomped our team, despite us being in an "OP" CV division, despite me being in an "OP" CV ..

Yes, CVs can have a great impact pn the outcome of the battle, but if your team wants to lose there's hardly anything to do but watch them die one by one by one ..

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
20 hours ago, lup3s said:

Recently had a game with 3-man division (Lyon, DD and me in Saipan).

From the start I completely shut down enemy CV so I could do what I want; I even devastated one of the enemy DDs in my first attack wave ..

That is how it usually works... I have seen it many times. CV kills the other, then does as he pleases.

I can understand why people get annoyed by it, but I consider it a challenge.

yet our team still got stomped .. they died too fast for me to have a decisive impact on that battle. The enemy team didn't have really good AA ships nor a competent CV player (~30% WR in his Ranger), yet they still stomped our team, despite us being in an "OP" CV division, despite me being in an "OP" CV ..

Even more impressive: despite having two teammates that had at least half a brain... :Smile_trollface:

Yes, CVs can have a great impact pn the outcome of the battle, but if your team wants to lose there's hardly anything to do but watch them die one by one by one ..

Well... to pull a cart of potatoes, at least one has to have some ground to stand on...

I guess this is how you feel quite often... :Smile_teethhappy: 

772531142_donkeycart.thumb.jpg.8fbb03e013ab1d824edb50e483292a36.jpg

• Funny 2

[-MM]
Players
437 posts
8,435 battles
On 12/5/2018 at 7:13 PM, El2aZeR said:

Kinda. Reworked CVs have no counters, so that'll "fix" this issue.

After all you can't make AA divs if AA is worthless.

• Funny 1

[B0TS]
Players
347 posts
9,130 battles
On 12/5/2018 at 3:25 PM, Freyr_90 said:

@wot_chikor is this you? 

I'm gonna stand up for the legend that is @wot_chikor right now and say that despite posting some crazy crap on the forums the guy is absolutely brilliant to play with and speak to. He's a good player, polite and plays for the team. I think you scrubs are just jealous that we have the one and ONLY chik in our clan :D

Players
2,359 posts
6,672 battles
4 hours ago, bigbramble said:

I'm gonna stand up for the legend that is @wot_chikor right now and say that despite posting some crazy crap on the forums the guy is absolutely brilliant to play with and speak to. He's a good player, polite and plays for the team. I think you scrubs are just jealous that we have the one and ONLY chik in our clan :D

Well he was certainly a beast 0f the forums :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1