You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jack_Sparrow123

I want choose Standard/Domination

Choose battle type  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to mark random battle types in options (Standard Domination), which want to play?

• YES
    • NO

47 comments in this topic

Players
153 posts
12,251 battles

I know I wrote it but it`s insane sorry I want only play Standard cause these Domination games "race with time" kills me. I want to have fun but sorry we captured 1000 points it`s end. Nevermind that half of enemy team is still live. What`s the point of this crap? Always start game with thoughts yes maybe if I will be lucky we play this match to last ship :(

Why u dont want to people choose. What would be problem? Too few people at 1 type? So they will be forced to mark also 2nd type. Do somebody see any problem? It`s only thing which totally ruin this game. And it`s super game I love it so much but how I can play it when always interrupted :(((

You can vote.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,079 battles

Oh look, it's this thread again.

You've gotten the answers as to why it's not a good idea the last couple times you asked this.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
1,030 posts
7,914 battles

I HATE standard battle. For me it's a boring TDM-type mode which encourages camping and max-range sniping.

At least with Domination there are focal points to fight for, places where you can expect enemy ships to be, instead of just at the map edge plinking away.

[POP]
Players
403 posts
8,907 battles

All the potatos would be in the standard and I'll be in the domination. Who would be my xp pinyata then?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
18,264 posts
11,915 battles

Because WG decided it that way and they do not want to fragment the playerbase too much.

Is this really that hard to grasp?

Players
507 posts
1,840 battles

One problem I can see is that people would naturally pick the game mode which best suits their preferred/selected ship. E.g. DD players (Russian gunboats aside, perhaps) and radar cruisers would opt en masse for domination, while players of other ships might largely prefer standard – if the majority of DDs are playing domination, lots of BB players might limit themselves to standard. This would create quite a stale meta in both/all modes.

It also would increase queue times. And implementing it would take up time the devs could be working on more widely popular content.

1 hour ago, Jack_Sparrow123 said:

Too few people at 1 type? So they will be forced to mark also 2nd type.

Surely if you do this, you're not giving people the option to choose after all. So isn't the whole idea rather self-defeating?

Just my 2¢.

• Cool 1

Players
2,173 posts
1 minute ago, Jack_Sparrow123 said:

but how u know noobs will go to Standard

Well anyone that writes in u/ur txtspk can't make an argument and is a n0... Nope I won't do it.

What you're actually asking (repeatedly) for is the equivalent of team deathmatch/Battle Royale where a game only ends when the enemy is dead, they're not likely to ever do that as it would be far too easy for a lone enemy to stay hidden and run indefinitely, especially if a DD.

Fairly sure that if WG ran a poll on login that people would vote for Standard Battle to come up less than it does now, people like objective play even though some are terrified of those cap zones.

• Cool 2

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
31 minutes ago, Jack_Sparrow123 said:

write 1 reason why it is not good idea

It would be an unnecessary change to a system which is working adequately and as intended.

Write 1 reason why you can't suffer half of your battles being the game mode you least prefer.

Players
153 posts
12,251 battles
1 minute ago, Caughtintherain said:

It would be an unnecessary change to a system which is working adequately and as intended.

Write 1 reason why you can't suffer half of your battles being the game mode you least prefer.

because its not half if it would be Im nearly OK with it but 75% of games are Dominations?

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles

because its not half if it would be Im nearly OK with it but 75% of games are Dominations?

Then your standard battles should be that much sweeter and more valuable to you.

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,099 posts
8,527 battles
18 minutes ago, Jack_Sparrow123 said:

but how u know noobs will go to Standard

because of this topic

• Funny 4

Players
153 posts
12,251 battles
10 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Well anyone that writes in u/ur txtspk can't make an argument and is a n0... Nope I won't do it.

What you're actually asking (repeatedly) for is the equivalent of team deathmatch/Battle Royale where a game only ends when the enemy is dead, they're not likely to ever do that as it would be far too easy for a lone enemy to stay hidden and run indefinitely, especially if a DD.

Fairly sure that if WG ran a poll on login that people would vote for Standard Battle to come up less than it does now, people like objective play even though some are terrified of those cap zones.

if last would DD u just cap their base np. I dont say I dont like Domination like battle type I dont like that such matches end so many too early. I can just watch Flamu or somebody else how many times they are mad its end of match.

Players
153 posts
12,251 battles
2 minutes ago, Caughtintherain said:

Then your standard battles should be that much sweeter and more valuable to you.

yes to spend hours in wows and have few matches where I could play without interrupting

Players
2,173 posts

if last would DD u just cap their base np. I dont say I dont like Domination like battle type I dont like that such matches end so many too early. I can just watch Flamu or somebody else how many times they are mad its end of match.

(Ignoring the U txtspk, ye gods it's painful)

So you're entirely happy for a game to end with most of the enemy team not sunk if someone sneaky caps their base in 8 minutes (I've done it myself) enemy hadn't lost a ship and I capped out. Sorry make up your mind what you want.....

• Cool 2

Players
153 posts
12,251 battles
Just now, BeauNidl3 said:

(Ignoring the U txtspk, ye gods it's painful)

So you're entirely happy for a game to end with most of the enemy team not sunk if someone sneaky caps their base in 8 minutes (I've done it myself) enemy hadn't lost a ship and I capped out. Sorry make up your mind what you want.....

In Standard battles are sneaky caps rare

[7DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,557 battles

Didn't you already created enough threads with this?

etc.

• Cool 1

Players
4,085 posts
7,355 battles
1 minute ago, Arakus said:

Didn't you already created enough threads with this?

Well, since he so far didnt get what he wanted - and if he´d lift up one of is old threads, somebody would come and call him a thread-necromancer. So he cant win. :Smile-_tongue: