You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ghalen

wargaming strikes again!!!

14 comments in this topic

Question

[TERMS]
Players
4 posts
5,849 battles

oke gonna try and get some answers this way seeying making a ticket didnt work

i bought the tirpitz black bundel, containing the ship and a personal mission for 2,5k gold 

after playing a dozen games in the tirpitz i checked my progress and it whas stuck on 0-10 

i made a ticket and whas first told that to complete the missions i need to do it in the tirpitz wich appearantly is not the same ship as the black :s

so i asked why WG sold a ship and a mission wich cant be combined and got told to make a post on the forum

so if there is any one who could tell me what to do now 

greetings ghalen 

13 answers to this question

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,169 battles

They are two different ships, so missions for Tirpitz can't be done with Tirpitz B.

The task in the bundle was added to compensate players who already own the Tirpitz for basically buying the same ship twice.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
7,724 posts
Vor 16 Minuten, ghalen sagte:

so if there is any one who could tell me what to do now 

before buying something, read the descriptions in the shop in the future?

• Cool 1

Players
6,389 posts
8,521 battles
12 hours ago, gopher31 said:

I wonder if Wargaming has set a dangerous precedent with the creation of these 'B' ships.

These ships are identical to the standard versions but have a nice camo.

There is no advantage to having the standard and B variant as far as I can see. 

Wouldn't it have been better to give those who have the standard ship some doubloon compensation (at least 5000 without missions)  and a permanent camo? So I have to ask why they didn't do this, why did they create identical B variants?

I was very happy with the event and have recieved 3 ships while buying 6  containers. If I had had the standard variant I would have been less than happy.

"B" ships are merely following tale of "B" tanks, done years ago in World of Tanks.

When you're running out of stuff to sell and shareholders expect you from maintaining financial growth, you copy and paste stuff:Smile_coin:

• Cool 1

[TERMS]
Players
4 posts
5,849 battles
31 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

They are two different ships, so missions for Tirpitz can't be done with Tirpitz B.

The task in the bundle was added to compensate players who already own the Tirpitz for basically buying the same ship twice.

oke atleast a answer aldo who in his right mind buys the same ship twice 

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,169 battles
Vor 1 Minute, ghalen sagte:

oke atleast a answer aldo who in his right mind buys the same ship twice 

You'd be surprised :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[TERMS]
Players
4 posts
5,849 battles
26 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

Don't buy tier 8 ships. The MM is broken. Use your money to convert XP to free XP and acquire tier 9 and 10 ships instead.

already have 5 tier 10s sooo 

[TERMS]
Players
4 posts
5,849 battles
19 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

You have 5 tier 10 ships and you still keep buying tier 8 duplicates? You disappoint me!

i did not buy a duplicate i bought a tirpitz cause i wanted it i just love the tirpitz/bismarck

Players
499 posts
14 minutes ago, ghalen said:

i did not buy a duplicate i bought a tirpitz cause i wanted it i just love the tirpitz/bismarck

It's the same ship but with torpedoes.

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
755 posts
9,393 battles

At least the Tirpitz B is cheaper than the regular Tirpitz, but indeed the dubloon mission is only to compensate people who already own the regular Tirpitz and just want to collect every ship.

[SHAD]
Players
606 posts

I wonder if Wargaming has set a dangerous precedent with the creation of these 'B' ships.

Wouldn't it have been better to give those who have the standard ship some doubloon compensation (at least 5000 without missions)  and a permanent camo? So I have to ask why they didn't do this, why did they create identical B variants?

I was very happy with the event and have recieved 3 ships while buying 6  containers. If I had had the standard variant I would have been less than happy.

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
755 posts
9,393 battles
4 hours ago, gopher31 said:

5000 dubloons and permacamo on the original premium ships? For what, for free? WG don't create content so that they can give away 5000 dubloons to everyone who bought t8 premiums in the past, they're not a charity. If they did that and didn't release the B variants for sale they would gain absolutely nothing. Besides, the black permacamo is the same as regular premium ship permacamos so you gain nothing as a player except the camo visual and if WG just sold permacamos they wouldnt be able to charge £20-25 each for them lol

They created identical B variants so they had something to sell on "Black Friday", t8 premiums that are cheaper than the regular variants. More ships for collectors (with compensation for collectors who already own the original), cheap ships for people who might not otherwise want to spend 30% more on regular t8 premiums and something they can put in loot crates.

A few clanmates managed to pick up some t8 premiums for relatively cheap (some got one from 1-2 boxes from the shop so very cheap infact) so I think it was a pretty reasonable endeavour overall. We got cheap ships, WG made more money, some people who already owned the originals whaled on more just to be collectors and they got some whale compensation.