You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Anthoniusii

Unfair punishment caused by WG's server abillity to load a battle.

28 comments in this topic

Players
395 posts

The title says it all...I chose a ship , load a battle, I am on hold for 16 minutes , trying to restart the game and i got a message WoWs does not respinding Windows search for a possible available solution.

I start the game from the main exe and here what i got: So the game does not allow me to play , I lose credits, signals and precius cammo and on top i get a punishment!

Good Job WG!

shot-18.12.04_15.12.27-0156.jpg

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
237 posts
5,886 battles

I had a game recenrly with le terrible.....after battle start, client crashed, and I was nearly at middle of the map.....I was able to get back, and noticed that Im alive, cuz no dds went that side where I was....luck......

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,179 battles

It's not the server that's stopping you, the problem is your computer and therefore you which means the punishment for being afk is rightfully deserved, as you clearly were afk. The reason doesn't matter for your teammates. You destroyed the fun for 23 players in that game, you should be happy that this isn't even a real punishment.

• Cool 9
  • Bad 2

Players
161 posts
1,549 battles
15 minutes ago, Anthoniusii said:

The title says it all...I chose a ship , load a battle, I am on hold for 16 minutes , trying to restart the game and i got a message WoWs does not respinding Windows search for a possible available solution.

I start the game from the main exe and here what i got: So the game does not allow me to play , I lose credits, signals and precius cammo and on top i get a punishment!

Good Job WG!

Can't be first time it happens, otherwise you wouldn't suffer. Last time I played I had a crash too and couldn't rejoin. Guess what nothing happened (okay I lost flags and potential income, but otherwise fine) The system works just fine 😊

Players
130 posts
4,625 battles

Would this be shown in battle recording thst you were at a loading screen for 16 minutes? If so you could uploading for WG to look at.

Players
395 posts
2 minutes ago, ReapingKnight said:

Would this be shown in battle recording thst you were at a loading screen for 16 minutes? If so you could uploading for WG to look at.

No because of two things:

1st I was in the screen that says "waiting for a battle can take no longer of 5 minutes" and despite that the button to take my ship of the waiting list did not work.

So i tried to close the game but i had the windows message.

I closed the game with Ctrl+Alt+del and reloaded.

When game put me in port i saw my ship waiting without signals, cammo etc and with this warning !!!!

FIX THAT DAMN GAME! Imagine what will happen in the transision time from DX-9 to DX-10 and from x32bit engines to x64bit ones! How many such unfair punishments we will encounter because they can not load a battle properly?

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
4,295 posts
11,813 battles

What I still don't get is this. I rarely have a non-loader but when it does occur I'm usually back into the game on time. Even if I have to completely restart my computer. Never had any AFK penalty for that. Even if I was destroyed during the reload (which happens even more rarely).

• Cool 1

Players
2,712 posts
245 battles

i've had this happen to me a few times, strange on most games i don't get kicked out one the first game playing so i have to force the game to shutdown then restart.

this also occured in armoured warfare once or twice.

Players
395 posts

Maybe my english are too bad.

I was on the screen that time to find OPPONETS is and you wait to be in a battle.

I was NEVER been in a battle to understand the issue and stop waiting and restart. For me the time was running to find suitable opponets not LOADING A BATTLE.

When that "clock" reached 16 minutes and the "leave queue " was not responding i tried to log out and then i had the windows message that WoWs exe does not respond.

Many times i had CTDs durring battles but in those cases atleast the list of opponets apeared in my screen meaning that i was participating in a battle even if i was not able to be in it.

EDIT: How a teamkill aplied when i was not active in a battle?

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,693 posts
2,642 battles
3 hours ago, Anthoniusii said:

Good Job WG!

2 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

It's not the server that's stopping you, the problem is your computer and therefore you which means the punishment for being afk is rightfully deserved, as you clearly were afk. The reason doesn't matter for your teammates. You destroyed the fun for 23 players in that game, you should be happy that this isn't even a real punishment.

As harsh as what @Commander_Cornflakes says sounds, he is absolutely correct.

It is of course unfortunate that a technical issue prevented you from participating in the battle, but you were AFK.

If this is not a one-time occurrence you should consider contacting our customer support team for help with troubleshooting, we're always happy to assist!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[7DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,557 battles
23 minutes ago, Anthoniusii said:

Maybe my english are too bad.

I was on the screen that time to find OPPONETS is and you wait to be in a battle.

I was NEVER been in a battle to understand the issue and stop waiting and restart. For me the time was running to find suitable opponets not LOADING A BATTLE.

When that "clock" reached 16 minutes and the "leave queue " was not responding i tried to log out and then i had the windows message that WoWs exe does not respond.

Many times i had CTDs durring battles but in those cases atleast the list of opponets apeared in my screen meaning that i was participating in a battle even if i was not able to be in it.

EDIT: How a teamkill aplied when i was not active in a battle?

Do you use mods?

Loading a battle is a problem which is caused often from outdated or not compatible mods anymore.

I don't think that it was a server problem as nobody else had this problem, when such a bug would be on server then much more people would report it.

So i think the problem is at your PC.

Players
1,246 posts
9,221 battles

Usually players don't sit for 16 minutes waiting to load in... When it happens to me I wait exactly 60 seconds then reboot the game..

Using Ctrl+Alt+Del brings up the Task manager, simply end the WOW and load back in... you should be able to do all this within 3 minutes.

If, as @Yedwy asks, you're using wifi the simple answer is don't if possible. 

Your system updating will also affect your log in speed so ensure whilst your're gaming your updates are switched off. Also, ensure that if you're downloading films or such you pause the download...

Simple tasks can have an adverse effect...

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,713 battles
2 hours ago, Anthoniusii said:

Imagine what will happen in the transision time from DX-9 to DX-10 and from x32bit engines to x64bit ones! How many such unfair punishments we will encounter because they can not load a battle properly?

Yeah...I mean, can you imagine how bad it will be that players will actually be able to use more than 2GB of ram for wows? Terrible, isn't it?

• Funny 2

Players
1,976 posts
12,554 battles
3 hours ago, Hyperion84 said:

Can't be first time it happens, otherwise you wouldn't suffer. Last time I played I had a crash too and couldn't rejoin. Guess what nothing happened (okay I lost flags and potential income, but otherwise fine) The system works just fine 😊

Sorry but I dont believe that was recent  (= after the "improved" TK system was introduced, the one the throws you into Coop eventually)

Even if there are months between episodes, having even one Crash means 3 games as pink. Hell, once I got pink from "going afk" when the entire server crashed!

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,582 posts
16,052 battles

Being pink is a warning, not a punishment.

Unless such crashes occur frequently (and if they do it's your own fault for not fixing your issues before queuing for another match) you can safely ignore it.

• Cool 4

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,187 battles
5 hours ago, Anthoniusii said:

I am on hold for 16 minutes

W8, you actually waited for 16 min? :Smile_veryhappy:

If it looks like game's stuck on loading - switch to the tab where you see your teams placement. If your allies are moving - maybe give it some 30s more, if you're not loaded in - kill WoWS in Task Manager, load it back up and you'll be loading back into that same match. You'll be like 5...8 min late, but you'll be there

5 hours ago, Anthoniusii said:

i get a punishment!

Pink = warning. Orange is punishment. You went just pink, not orange.

For why you got that warning:

• Did the game go on without you loading in?
    • Yes
  • Were you effectively AFK?
    • Yes
  • Is this a warning for being AFK?
    • Yes

^ seems kind of obvious

• Cool 2

Players
161 posts
1,549 battles
4 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Sorry but I dont believe that was recent  (= after the "improved" TK system was introduced, the one the throws you into Coop eventually)

Even if there are months between episodes, having even one Crash means 3 games as pink. Hell, once I got pink from "going afk" when the entire server crashed!

Then I've should have been pink due to the DC, but I wasn't... 

Players
1,976 posts
12,554 battles
2 hours ago, Hyperion84 said:

Then I've should have been pink due to the DC, but I wasn't... 

Was it before the new TK punishment system?

If yes, then maybe i should open another thread of complaint :cap_viking:

[HF_30]
Players
1,373 posts

If you can't pin it down, try restarting the game after half a dozen matches or so to significantly decrease the likelihood. You might also want to try reinstalling the Microsoft runtimes, has apparently helped some.

In case you're still running a 32bit OS for whatever reason, there's a fix on the support site that helps a lot with potential memory issues. Been there myself, because of other software from the age of dinosaurs I couldn't replace and it really made things a lot more stable.

[OCTO]
Players
966 posts
18,198 battles
17 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

While you MAY be right, it is not as simple. It is a well  known bug - specially when playing CVs, if you don't believe me - check the bug reports section.

If you get stuck in the loading screen - there is nothing you can do. And don't tell me it is my PC, as the game works perfectly fine with an occasional DC or a crash with any other class of the ship - I have rejoined on number of times with no consequence to the team. You can try to end the game process, even reboot the PC - nothing helps.

Tinfoil hat moment - is WG trying to further reduce CV player population before a big switch-over to the new CV game play :Smile-_tongue::Smile_hiding:

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,179 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, Zen71_sniper sagte:

While you MAY be right, it is not as simple. It is a well  known bug - specially when playing CVs, if you don't believe me - check the bug reports section.

If you get stuck in the loading screen - there is nothing you can do. And don't tell me it is my PC, as the game works perfectly fine with an occasional DC or a crash with any other class of the ship - I have rejoined on number of times with no consequence to the team. You can try to end the game process, even reboot the PC - nothing helps.

Tinfoil hat moment - is WG trying to further reduce CV player population before a big switch-over to the new CV game play :Smile-_tongue::Smile_hiding:

Well, all I can say is that I'm a CV player too and I don't have any problems at all.

Ok ok, that was an obvious lie, of course the CV UI excites me with many problems, but none of them cause a game crash :Smile_teethhappy:

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,582 posts
16,052 battles
28 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

If you get stuck in the loading screen - there is nothing you can do.

I had it a couple of times. It's extremely rare but every time it happens it's beyond frustrating.

However no one knows whether it is actually some bug in the game itself or a different issue entirely. Something like this can be caused by literally everything. Drivers, background programs, hardware used, and ofc error in the game code, etc. are all possible culprits.

Fixing issues with data this vague is extremely difficult. I'd give WG the benefit of the doubt here.

20 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Ok ok, that was an obvious lie, of course the CV UI excites me with many problems, but none of them cause a game crash :Smile_teethhappy:

You've never had an infinite loading screen bug? You lucky son of a :etc_swear:. :D

[OCTO]
Players
966 posts
18,198 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

I had it a couple of times. It's extremely rare but every time it happens it's beyond frustrating.

However no one knows whether it is actually some bug in the game itself or a different issue entirely. Something like this can be caused by literally everything. Drivers, background programs, hardware used, and ofc error in the game code, etc. are all possible culprits.

Fixing issues with data this vague is extremely difficult. I'd give WG the benefit of the doubt here.

You've never had an infinite loading screen bug? You lucky son of a :etc_swear:. :D

I have to say - I think I have found a sequence that is specific to CV game (don't ask me why - but it is ONLY in CV game). If you change a focus from loading screen (or your PC flashes something like a "windows Update is ready" or any other  high priority notification that can change focus from WG client) then it is almost guaranteed that you will not be able to join the battle, not even after complete cold reboot! That in my mind is an indication that instead of hardware or drivers related, is rather some stronk programming in the client while it tries to re-estabilish connection and initalise display. 

And yeah, @Commander_Cornflakes you are damn lucky. It is most frustrating when you look at your team moving at loading screen and there is nothing you can do..... And your karma,.... well you can imagine what happens to it as you in a CV are seen as AFK.... 

Players
37 posts
9,344 battles

its happening to me, I just got reported because it hung on the load screen again and as it still puts you ingame it shows you as afk, its also happening to almost all my clan members on the EU server

• Cool 1