You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

New Chat Moderation Initiative

50 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,693 posts
2,642 battles

Captains!

In an effort to further combat toxicity in the in-game, we will now be reviewing in-game chat logs on a regular basis, in addition to the in-game reporting system and the ongoing efforts of our customer support team.

Our aim is to be more proactive in moderating the in game channels to provide a more pleasant experience for the entire community.

This new process will start later this week - hopefully you will begin to see an improvement soon.

Please do continue to report any players breaking our game rules using the in-game reporting system, it will continue to be a valuable tool to help us track down serial chat violators.

Thank you for your understanding and see you on the high seas!

• Cool 12
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 3

[CATS]
Players
18,290 posts
11,924 battles

I hope that applies to battle commands too.

They are some still active players who use that method of trolling for many hundreds of games now.

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
1,780 posts
6,751 battles

Well i for one am very pleased to read this.

Now some ingame moderating and most toxicity should stop.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,666 posts
12,284 battles
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I hope that applies to battle commands too.

They are some still active players who use that method of trolling for many hundreds of games now.

We're investigating this as stated in the previous Q&As / Waterline videos but this initiative is currently focused on actual chat behavior. We'll tackle that other problem as well but please give us a bit of time :)

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 3

Players
517 posts
14,563 battles

Great news I will be very curious to see how this develops and anything to make the player chat less toxic is worth a try 

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
804 posts

Today u get reported for anything in hopes of u getting some reactions from WG.

How will u Counter that?

Cause in-game toxidity isn't the only problem. Abuse of the report system is widely used.

• Cool 4

Players
1,612 posts
5,767 battles

@MrConway@Crysantos Beware of malicious reporting also, some people will abuse the report system so that players are sanctioned unnecessarily. Ensure your reporting system and chat review procedures are bullet-proof!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,693 posts
2,642 battles
38 minutes ago, siramra said:

Today u get reported for anything in hopes of u getting some reactions from WG.

How will u Counter that?

Cause in-game toxidity isn't the only problem. Abuse of the report system is widely used.

20 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

@MrConway@Crysantos Beware of malicious reporting also, some people will abuse the report system so that players are sanctioned unnecessarily. Ensure your reporting system and chat review procedures are bullet-proof!

Our new procedure is not vulnerable to abuse, as we are looking at the actual chatlogs.

Regarding the quick-command spam I would like to add that you are free to report abuse of it to customer support - as chat bans cannot prevent it at the moment we have no problem issuing game bans for it.

• Cool 1

[WOWS]
Players
246 posts
13,363 battles
3 hours ago, MrConway said:

Captains!

... in-game chat logs ... in game channels ...

Thank you ...

In-game means only "in battle" or maybe "In-clan" or "In-public chatroom" or even "in Direct message".

I would have no problem if you monitor these (e.g. the recently gone "we can pull your account for money"-kind spams..). I am justust courious about the depth....

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,693 posts
2,642 battles
11 minutes ago, ledgeri said:

In-game means only "in battle" or maybe "In-clan" or "In-public chatroom" or even "in Direct message".

I would have no problem if you monitor these (e.g. the recently gone "we can pull your account for money"-kind spams..). I am justust courious about the depth....

In this case it refers to all messages sent in the game, no matter the channel. We do of course know that clan channels are to be treated differently, not to worry.

• Cool 1

Players
1,612 posts
5,767 battles
17 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Our new procedure is not vulnerable to abuse, as we are looking at the actual chatlogs.

Regarding the quick-command spam I would like to add that you are free to report abuse of it to customer support - as chat bans cannot prevent it at the moment we have no problem issuing game bans for it.

Will you be implementing an anti-spam system for in-game commands, because at present the spam filter once you have issued 3 in-game commands is not sufficient given you only have to wait a few secs before being able to spam again. Some people can even spam in-game commands continuously if you time the execution just right. Like for e.g you can keep spamming if you press an in-game command every 2 secs!

Maybe a better approach to counter such spam in-game, would be utilise an in-game voting system where if someone is constantly spamming commands. 3 or 4 other players can vote to silence said person so then they cant spam anymore. Maybe for a 5-min penalty time etc etc..

[WOWS]
Players
246 posts
13,363 battles
1 minute ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Will you be implementing an anti-spam system for in-game commands, because at present the spam filter once you have issued 3 in-game commands is not sufficient given you only have to wait a few secs before being able to spam again. Some people can even spam in-game commands continuously if you time the execution just right. Like for e.g you can keep spamming if you press an in-game command every 2 secs!

Maybe a better approach to counter such spam in-game, would be utilise an in-game voting system where if someone is constantly spamming commands. 3 or 4 other players can vote to silence said person so then they cant spam anymore. Maybe for a 5-min penalty time etc etc..

Yeah, like if 5 players voted, the player muted for the battle, divs count as one.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,693 posts
2,642 battles
11 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

We're aware of the abuse here and will hopefully be able to implement a solution to combat it. Unfortunately I don't have an ETA yet.

• Cool 1

Players
315 posts
9,861 battles
10 hours ago, MrConway said:

Captains!

In an effort to further combat toxicity in the in-game, we will now be reviewing in-game chat logs on a regular basis, in addition to the in-game reporting system and the ongoing efforts of our customer support team.

Our aim is to be more proactive in moderating the in game channels to provide a more pleasant experience for the entire community.

This new process will start later this week - hopefully you will begin to see an improvement soon.

Please do continue to report any players breaking our game rules using the in-game reporting system, it will continue to be a valuable tool to help us track down serial chat violators.

Thank you for your understanding and see you on the high seas!

Awesome!
Now add higher limit, add few more commands to the report system and we are golden!
There needs to be a higher limit (like 30 unique reports) less abusive nonsense  reports... We need more sections to the report system for the reports to be better.

• Plays poorly
  • AFK
  • Unsporting behaviour
  • Misbehaving in battle
  • Toxic behavior in port chat
  • Offensive username/clan
  • Attempting/Doing Team damage
  • Spam
  • Revealing location

These need to be added, with a higher limit.. it will make it easier NOT to use Support Ticket to report a really bad violation! @MrConway

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-TNP-]
Players
14 posts
9,225 battles

What I would love to see implemented to stop abuse of the report system is that you can only be reproted by a player once per match. for example playing in gearing a few weeks ago. theres was 3 Richelieu in a division together sat at the bottom of the map not helping the enemy team. I got round the side of them and fired torps into all 3 of them. 1 died outright from a devistating strike the other got a perma flood on him and died from that and the 3rd lived but was low on HP. they instantly started calling me a cheater and said openly in the chat "we used all our reports on you" I lost 21 karma and got a chat ban for it. I sent screen shots in and everything to show it had been abused and I was punished unfairly and all I got in return was a messaging saying "There is nothing that can be done about it since it is an automated system" if the report system worked the way it should of always worked from the start they would of only been able to report me 3 times not 21 times. Also give us the option to turn off the entire chat like in WoT so we wont have to deal with toxicicity at all.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
1,848 posts
6,677 battles
13 hours ago, ShadowVector said:

What I would love to see implemented to stop abuse of the report system is that you can only be reproted by a player once per match. for example playing in gearing a few weeks ago. theres was 3 Richelieu in a division together sat at the bottom of the map not helping the enemy team. I got round the side of them and fired torps into all 3 of them. 1 died outright from a devistating strike the other got a perma flood on him and died from that and the 3rd lived but was low on HP. they instantly started calling me a cheater and said openly in the chat "we used all our reports on you" I lost 21 karma and got a chat ban for it. I sent screen shots in and everything to show it had been abused and I was punished unfairly and all I got in return was a messaging saying "There is nothing that can be done about it since it is an automated system" if the report system worked the way it should of always worked from the start they would of only been able to report me 3 times not 21 times. Also give us the option to turn off the entire chat like in WoT so we wont have to deal with toxicicity at all.

This looks like a veyr bad bait!

If not...

You have a lot to learn because you actually can only be reported for once by a player, additional reports are useless, and a divison reports count as only 1...

So..

Lie,

Lie,

another lie,

and team damage, killing a richeleu, and killing another one,

you should have been died way long ago!

and frankly, If this above scenario is remotely true,

this has nothing to be with chat abuse,

you must have been reported by 21 individual players on that match, and seeing that specific team damage, It can actually be likely.

and you should have been banned from the game permanently,

You are sir,

is the combination of what is wrong with this community and you don't deserve a place in even a full bot Co-OP team..

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Players
1,783 posts
9,086 battles

Could you also add a profanity filter, reduce the effect of Divisions and Clan bloc reporting, and add easy to find options to mute 1) players who have been sunk and 2) everyone in the last minute of the game? There are lots of obvious and recurring flashpoints which are easy to work around. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,783 posts
9,086 battles

I would also suggest making the Quick Commands (including the comedy swearing, of which there should be more) an overall limited resource, rather like the ship's horn. 

• Cool 1

Players
138 posts
9,010 battles

Different suggestion, like @invicta2012

give a profanity filter instead.  

Tweakable by each user, if they want.  

Any swear words get turned into ****.  

Current system will flag me plenty of times.  

Reporting does basically nothing; so I respond in kind. 

Or..  

shock, horror, how about some skill-based MM.  

and stop spawning me in the worst spot for my ship type for the map. 

etc. 

• Cool 1

Players
58 posts

Problem with profanity filter is, that you would need to have it work with other languages in EU rather than just English. You need; French, German, Flamish, Spanish, Italian profanities filtered too. Not to mention whole bunch of smaller languanges: Estonian, Finnish, Swedish etc.... I mean yeah, you can do it with google translate but still...

[-TNP-]
Players
14 posts
9,225 battles
On 12/5/2018 at 1:16 PM, Excavatus said:

This looks like a veyr bad bait!

If not...

You have a lot to learn because you actually can only be reported for once by a player, additional reports are useless, and a divison reports count as only 1...

So..

Lie,

Lie,

another lie,

and team damage, killing a richeleu, and killing another one,

you should have been died way long ago!

and frankly, If this above scenario is remotely true,

this has nothing to be with chat abuse,

you must have been reported by 21 individual players on that match, and seeing that specific team damage, It can actually be likely.

and you should have been banned from the game permanently,

You are sir,

is the combination of what is wrong with this community and you don't deserve a place in even a full bot Co-OP team..

are you really that stupid? 1st and foremost there was no team damage. they were ENEMY Richelieu 's that I torped and yes the system does work that way. I got sick of chat ban's for no reasson so to prove it I monitored my Karma for 3 weeks. took screen shots before and after every match of my karma and notifications. through out that 2 week period my karma only went up not down untill that match where it went down by 21 karma. can't see how the rest of my team or theres reported me since so many of the enemy team and my own were calling out the Richelieu  div as idiots for accusing me of cheating. wish I still had all the screen shots but sadly deleted them after the crappy response from WG staff. You deffinetly seem to be the kind of player that this rework of the chat ban system is aimed at with your toxic response

• Cool 1