Sign in to follow this  
lovemasin

matchmaking still sucks

17 comments in this topic

[NBS]
Players
12 posts
2,613 battles

matchmaking still sucks a T8 ship is more or less all the time in a T10 battle i had a match where i was the only one with a T8 ship the ware T10 on both sides.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,129 posts

The difference between the old matchmaker and the new is barely noticable to the individual player.

It's a few percent in the statistics of ships being uptiered. If you are 60 % uptiered or only 57 % is not noticable to you, yet it is actually a large improvement.

No one promised that you wouldn't be put into similar situations as before. Only that they become less frequent.

[THGZ]
Players
6 posts
9,974 battles

Matchmakings problem is not tier based...That's very easy to balance and very easy to verify. It may be unfair to you to be a tier 8 in a tier 10 battle but the other team will also have a tier 8 vessel. Team balance vesselswise is ok. Player balance is a different story. You can only see this with a mod and again without complete statistics you are not sure...

If there is a commercial incentive or not to "boost" certain category of players or not should be beyond the players concern. 

You like the game you play. You don't like it you leave! The game is what it is and will not change for you!

(You is used in general and is not addressed to the op  or anyone specific in this forum)

[CR33D]
Beta Tester
624 posts
6,534 battles

well but it's true who nowdays tier 8 are almost every time vs tier 10. this is why i'm vs buying tier 8 premiums... since you allways face tier 10, just take the kronstad or the musashi, you face tier 10 anyways but at least you can do better XD 

Spoiler

unless you are an asashio :cap_money:

• Funny 1

Players
690 posts
10,814 battles

Personally i do see t10s in my t8 games and the dubloon missions mean that their are a lot t8 arround to begin with but they are far less t10 in the matches if they are and i get many more top tier matches that i have not seen in ages.

At first it doesn't seem notable as an improvement but it is de facto.

Players
89 posts
14,145 battles

after the update today:

9 battles played in T8.

2 with T8 "middle tier".

the others.... well, you can guess:

MM_1.png

MM_2.png

what a great fun this.

75% of all battles less T8 then then other tiers.

50% of ALL BATTLES in T8 there are ONLY 1 or 2 T8's.

again: have a great laugh at this :)

[-RM-]
Players
406 posts
5,575 battles

Tier 8 is on the road to tier 9-10

I am a BB player, think I have all the tier 8 BB:s, premium and tech line, some do better (Massachusettes) some do worse (Roma), in the end it is up to how you use it. 

If you are Top dog in a tier 9-10 ship the team will be relying heavily on you to do the right things and they are gonna get mad if you f_ck_p .

Taking the second line in a tier 8 is a way to get into these high tier battles without the stress of everyone relying on you.

When you feel comfortable you can move up in tier.

If you want good MM play tier 7

Players
499 posts
On 12/4/2018 at 12:43 PM, lovemasin said:

matchmaking still sucks a T8 ship is more or less all the time in a T10 battle i had a match where i was the only one with a T8 ship the ware T10 on both sides.

You have no right to complain. What if you were the only tier 7 in a tier 10 match??? :cap_haloween:

Nelson.thumb.png.7d379ed8130b244ceebb3b5183a629ba.png

• Funny 1

Players
10 posts
5,338 battles
Alle 4/12/2018 alle 16:51, CptTsali ha scritto:

Matchmakings problem is not tier based...That's very easy to balance and very easy to verify. It may be unfair to you to be a tier 8 in a tier 10 battle but the other team will also have a tier 8 vessel. Team balance vesselswise is ok. Player balance is a different story. You can only see this with a mod and again without complete statistics you are not sure...

If there is a commercial incentive or not to "boost" certain category of players or not should be beyond the players concern. 

You like the game you play. You don't like it you leave! The game is what it is and will not change for you!

(You is used in general and is not addressed to the op  or anyone specific in this forum)

"You don't like it you leave!"  Is this the programmer's approach to the users/players/PAYING guys that just look for some fun online ?

If yes, I have a counterpart that sounds like that : "You are not able to listen user's feedback, you leave programming !"

There are a lot of jobs out there, like harvesting garlic for the community... It's healthy, it's a bless for your heart and nobody will ask you to "balance" it with lower tier onions, potatoes and tomatoes...

Look at this MM, and try to localize the "intruder"...

badMM.jpg

• Cool 1

[THGZ]
Players
6 posts
9,974 battles

I am not a programmer. I am a playing a free game because I like it.

Reading your post somehow reminds me of people who choose to buy property next to an airport and then demand the airport to leave because it's noisy..

Players
326 posts
6,966 battles

IIt's the one reason I don't enjoy my Roma. It's just too difficult to get some joy out of a constant up the hill MM. It gets better  for me on T8 dds though.

Sign in to follow this