You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dolgorukov

How to get more awards?

14 comments in this topic

Question

[BGBRD]
Players
27 posts
2,920 battles

Hi, 

I want to get more awards. I feel I should get more awards but somehow I don`t. I think that receiving awards to a great extent is a matter of luck. You will not achieve too much with a incompetent teammates. 

So just a little blitz: I don`t get awards because

a. I am a loser in the game

b. I am a loser in general

c. faith is giving me subtle signs that I should quit the game and focus on something else

d. teammates are losers and don`t support me

13 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
15,908 posts
11,172 battles

Do not use German BB for that Achievement. HE spamming in a German BB is bad for the team and many Cruisers and some DD are better for causing fires.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,908 posts
11,172 battles

You can get that in any ship, that does not make it a good idea to try it in any ship.

Some ships are better for that.

But Witherer is not the best Achievement to get in the first place. The reward is lackluster and fire spamming not the best way to win a match.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,908 posts
11,172 battles

Dreadnought and Fireproof can be farmed in BB by doing their job.

Kraken, High Caliber and Confederate are a result of playing well. Really good players get them regularly.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,908 posts
11,172 battles

I do not understand your objections to Dreadnought. If you get that often, you are doing something right.

Being at the right place at the right time is a skill. Spotting the enemy that is overextended and focussing your fire on him improves your chances of sinking him. Dealing lots of damage increases your chances of getting the kill.

• Cool 1

[BGBRD]
Players
27 posts
2,920 battles

I know. Lets say I want to get a Witherer with a German BB. I doesn`t happen. I`ve had games with 9 fires and 20 k total damage from fire. Players most often hit damage control and I either can not set them on fire again even if I hit them with HE or they move away or get destroyed. 

[BGBRD]
Players
27 posts
2,920 battles

But I did get a Witherer award with a Bismark although I spammed an incompetent Musashi which bumped in an island and barely moved. 

And I got 58 k damage from fire with a D.Grosse but again it was a lucky game cause I received little damage. 

[BGBRD]
Players
27 posts
2,920 battles

I beg to differ. I have quite a lot of Dreadnought but in games when I got only that award. Which means that they beat the hell out of me and I somehow ran and survived.

Kraken Unleashed is mostly being in the right place at the right time. Quite difficult for BB. I rarely see someone do it with BB. Its easier for every other class. 

Players
486 posts
10,804 battles

ColonelPete has said all the right things. I would add that achievement is not what you should aim for. It's only a consequence of playing better, that's what you should aim at.

As you are a BB player I would strongly suggest to watch some Flamu videos on how to play BBs: https://www.youtube.com/user/cheesec4t/videos

Also hear what Flambass say right at the start of that Video about how to play BB :

Not over aggressive at the start but not camping and getting more and more aggressive as the game advance and the enemy fire lower.

Then learn :

• How to aim (looking for citadel on broadside ships), superstructure or overmatch of bow on angle ships
  • What to aim at : closer targets, broadside targets over angle ones, cruisers and DDs before BBs etc.
  • How to lead, what ships are faster than others (french, German BBs, Iowa, Russian DDs, Domskoï etc.)
  • How to angle, how to know you're under torp threat, how to disapear and disengage, when to push  etc.

[STARS]
Players
499 posts

First, you should ask yourself what kind of rewards you need. Most people strive for better ships. You must discover what kind of playstyle suits you the most. Every ship is different and requires a different approach to how you play it. Some may not be the right pick for you. One ship may make you feel miserable while another may just be the right one for you. Finding the right ship for you means you will earn more rewards and also enjoy the game more.

I suggest you watch the videos of Flamu and Notser on different ships and how you can play to their strengths.

7 hours ago, Dolgorukov said:

You will not achieve too much with a incompetent teammates. 

While I agree that BGBRD (Bulgarians Boldly Riding Donkeys) is not a good clan and some of them attack players in other threads, you can always find a better one with more competent and less insulting teammates. Don't let them drag you down!

[BGBRD]
Players
27 posts
2,920 battles
1 hour ago, DuneDreamer said:

While I agree that BGBRD is not a good clan and some of them attack players in other threads, you can always find a better one with more competent and less insulting teammates. Don't let them drag you down!

To be honest I play mostly Random battles, sometimes Co-op and recently Twilight. I rarely play with my clan. When I said "incompetent" I meant some of the random players which are matched every different game.

[BGBRD]
Players
318 posts
9,566 battles
18 hours ago, DuneDreamer said:

While I agree that BGBRD (Bulgarians Boldly Riding Donkeys) is not a good clan and some of them attack players in other threads, you can always find a better one with more competent and less insulting teammates. Don't let them drag you down!

hHKykcr.jpg

• Cool 1