You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SeaWolf7

RNL PREMIUM CRUISERS = 0

95 comments in this topic

[TOXIC]
Players
1,410 posts
17,570 battles
2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Britain = 0

Despite the fact that they have the Arethusa and Town Class CLs modelled. Not that we're cross about this. At ALL.

Both town class cruisers, Belfast and Edinburgh are quite different then the rest of the class and this model could not be used for another Town class premium. Fiji model is much closer but still there were differences which would require new model.

1 hour ago, jss78 said:

Not bad enough. There're still 2 Bogatyr class and one Pallada class protected cruisers that could be added as premiums. Surely these are a higher priority. :cap_tea:

There is a cruiser Askold. Would be nice to see her five stacks in the game

Askold1898-1922.jpg

• Cool 3

[ENUF]
Beta Tester
131 posts
11,315 battles

I made a suggestion in the german forum for a T8 CL: 

Give it Neptune reload and it's good to go.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
521 posts
2,010 battles

How about HMS Furious?  She served an aircraft carrier, but it was actually built to be an experimental cruiser with light armor, high speed and two turrets (one fore one aft) with single 18" guns in them. Combined with her torpedoes, this could be a fun little ship.

[TOXIC]
Players
1,410 posts
17,570 battles
22 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

How about HMS Furious?  She served an aircraft carrier, but it was actually built to be an experimental cruiser with light armor, high speed and two turrets (one fore one aft) with single 18" guns in them. Combined with her torpedoes, this could be a fun little ship.

With just two guns, historic rate of fire one RPM, muzzle velocity of just 690 m/s (basically a mortar), size of the battleships, 239m long, 76mm armoured belt, and non existing AA? Also all her torpedo tubes were underwatter, which for the game purpose means that she don't have torps. I don't see how this could be fun and how this could be called a "little ship".

Only way HMS Frusius could be added to the game is as Aircraft Carrier and gues what that is exactly the way the she will be added to the game

HMS-Furious.png?fit=1479,827&ssl=1

Beta Tester
521 posts
2,010 battles
4 minutes ago, fumtu said:

With just two guns, historic rate of fire one RPM, muzzle velocity of just 690 m/s (basically a mortar), size of the battleships, 239m long, 76mm armoured belt, and non existing AA? Also all her torpedo tubes were underwatter, which for the game purpose means that she don't have torps.

Only way HMS Frusius could be added to the game is as Aircraft Carrier and gues what that is exactly the way the she will be added to the game

https://i2.wp.com/thedailybounce.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/HMS-Furious.png?fit=1479%2C827&ssl=1 

it sounds like I wasn't the first to suggest her....

[DREAD]
Players
415 posts
5 hours ago, fumtu said:

Both town class cruisers, Belfast and Edinburgh are quite different then the rest of the class and this model could not be used for another Town class premium. Fiji model is much closer but still there were differences which would require new model.

There is a cruiser Askold. Would be nice to see her five stacks in the game

As much as I would love her, it would be the fifth of those cruisers, found at Tier 3, all with similiar characteristics.  (Which is hardly suprising considering, that Askold, Varyag and Bogatyr were all designs to follow the Pallada class, to which Aurora belongs)... but gameplay wise just soooooo boring.

Players
43 posts
12,678 battles

After 2 min on wiki:

Dido-class cruiser

HMS Argonaut (61)

HMS_Argonaut.png

I don't know if it has any particular history, but it looks cool and can fire all 3 fore guns straight forwards, unlike Minotaur

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,106 posts
2,939 battles
5 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Doesn't nearly everyone?

What, forgot Italy existed, that it invented several iconic vessels, classes and pieces of naval equipement, or that it competed between the place of 4th and 5th largest navy over the 30s ?
Don't assume everyone else is just as uncultured.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,732 posts
7,675 battles

Don't understand why you mention Belfast in such a way.  You were in the game and didn't buy it when it was on sale.

[BGBRD]
Players
322 posts
9,590 battles

Interesting... you put the Mikhail Kutusov, when you count the RU premium cruisers (despite its out of the premium shop), but you exclude the Belfast, that was removed from the shop at the same time and for the same reasons... hypocrisy?? :cap_yes:

Beta Tester
2,459 posts
9,589 battles
17 hours ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Perhaps follow the current lines attributes but perhaps something with HE for a change?

Just get the Perth already. 

It is a great ship and it has what you asked for. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,321 posts
7,885 battles
8 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Bit of a Box O'Gimmicks, though. I have the feeling the WG designers think RN cruisers are rubbish and don't know what do to with them. 

19 minutes ago, OTECa1 said:

Interesting... you put the Mikhail Kutusov, when you count the RU premium cruisers (despite its out of the premium shop), but you exclude the Belfast, that was removed from the shop at the same time and for the same reasons... hypocrisy?? :cap_yes:

Well, OK, remove them both. Russia has 13 premium cruisers, Britain has 0. Happy now?

29 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Don't understand why you mention Belfast in such a way.  You were in the game and didn't buy it when it was on sale.

It's possibly the most infamously overpowered cruiser in the game,, and even after the smoke nerf it still is.

• Cool 2

[BGBRD]
Players
322 posts
9,590 battles
8 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Bit of a Box O'Gimmicks, though. I have the feeling the WG designers think RN cruisers are rubbish and don't know what do to with them. 

It's possibly the most infamously overpowered cruiser in the game,, and even after the smoke nerf it still is.

@invicta2012 you really are hard to please, aren't you?

[JRM]
Players
1,550 posts
15,066 battles

I got my belfast back recently but would like more rn cruisers espetially the CA kind...

[TOXIC]
Players
1,410 posts
17,570 battles
9 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

Emeralds sister HMS Enterprise would be a cool addition.

It would be nice but considering how Emerald is squishy, not sure would it be cool addition. Different front guns layout but one torpedo launcher per side less ... maybe with HE and 8km torps she could work at T5. 

9 hours ago, josykay said:

As much as I would love her, it would be the fifth of those cruisers, found at Tier 3, all with similiar characteristics.  (Which is hardly suprising considering, that Askold, Varyag and Bogatyr were all designs to follow the Pallada class, to which Aurora belongs)... but gameplay wise just soooooo boring.

It is a T3 cruiser, what special you can expect from T3 cruisers. At least it can't be worse than Varyag. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,525 posts
15,534 battles
18 hours ago, triumphgt6 said:

Dido would definitely be fun and a premium colony class would be popular - the Prinz Eugen to Hipper compared to a Fiji?

I too have a Belfast! Trying to make sure I have every British ship - including those built for other nations - Mikasa, Albany and the other destroyers

Only problem with Dido is the weak armament...  she would maybe work at tier 5 or 6..

But 6 torps and 10 5.25inch guns compared to 8 torps and 16x5inch on the Atlanta

[TOXIC]
Players
1,410 posts
17,570 battles
2 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Only problem with Dido is the weak armament...  she would maybe work at tier 5 or 6..

But 6 torps and 10 5.25inch guns compared to 8 torps and 16x5inch on the Atlanta

I agree, Dido is definitely a T6 material, she is too strong for T5 (maybe with 4x2 configuration) but also too weak for T7, especially when compared with ships like Fiji, Belfast or Atlanta. 5.25inch guns would have worse reload time than Atlanta with similar arcs. She would also has less health being slightly lighter then Atlanta.

[JRM]
Players
1,550 posts
15,066 battles
23 minutes ago, fumtu said:

It would be nice but considering how Emerald is squishy, not sure would it be cool addition. Different front guns layout but one torpedo launcher per side less ... maybe with HE and 8km torps she could work at T5. 

Exactly :cap_like:

[HOO]
Players
1,788 posts
1,671 battles

Considering a County class was present for almost all our significant naval actions of WW2 it makes sense to have HMS Norfolk or HMS Dorsetshire as a premium.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,525 posts
15,534 battles
31 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

Considering a County class was present for almost all our significant naval actions of WW2 it makes sense to have HMS Norfolk or HMS Dorsetshire as a premium.

A couple of Heavy Cruisers as Prem would indeed be an idea as there were only really 3 classes of heavy there is not enough for there own tech line...

[BS4]
Players
916 posts
5,611 battles
2 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

It is a great ship and it has what you asked for. 

Hmm I did look at her but the woefull gun range at 12.8 klm hit points being on the low side and that smoke gave me the impression she is primarily a suport ship + British caprains are not interchangeable.  Disn't have the apeal I was looking for.