You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SeaWolf7

RNL PREMIUM CRUISERS = 0

95 comments in this topic

[BS4]
Players
880 posts
5,487 battles

Hi fellow captains,

Hope this tread finds you well and you are enjoying the usual  storm of weekend games :cap_like:

So im wondering, at the current time why there are absolutely 0 British/RNL premium cruisers to choose from and purchase? I mean I know the Belfast was a little controversial, some saying it was totally op with radar, some saying even their  guide dog could play it... Whatever the problem was its never going to return according to WG. (cheers for the chance for completing my country's collection by the way).. the last time I saw anyone so traumatised by their own creation was probably...

yBzeCSB.gif  aaaaand we all know how that turned out....

....so why is it that pretty much all nations have some sort of premium cruiser to choose from?

To name but a few...

Japan = 3

Atago, Yubari + Katori

USA= 2

Albany

Indianapolis

Germany = 3

Graph Spee

Emden

Prinz Eugen

U.S.S.R. = 7

jYRnSMT.gif  7?!! (surprise surprise:Smile_sceptic:)

Aurora

Molotov

Varyag

Diana

Oleg

Krasny Krym

Kronshtadt (free xp only granted but....)

UK = 0

U2AtRlH.gif

Errr is this a Brexit thing or something?

Even Pan Asia has one !!!

Pan Asia = 1

Huan....Huuang...Hu...oh you know.. that one

Now I haven't even bothered to find the ones that have been and gone and no longer avail, maybe someone has the info but that does seem a tad strange no?

So WG what gives? Because last time I looked you weren't short on a few to choose from are you?

Id like to help with that......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:World_War_II_cruisers_of_the_United_Kingdom

Now there are some REAL ships in there not paper ones so....Personally I would like to see the HMS Spartan/Dido given the premium treatment but...(cool name too)

Spoiler

vyl0AnF.png

Guys what do you think on this? If we were to get a couple what would you like to see? Obviously the Belfast with every consumable out there isn't the way to go so....

Perhaps follow the current lines attributes but perhaps something with HE for a change?

But whatever it is Please WG, Pretty please with a fracking cherry on top....give me something because as a crusier player im realy tired of all the Prmium BB'S and DD's that are coming out in droves ATM.

Many thanks for your time and comments guys as always,

Wolf.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,091 posts
8,476 battles

I have the Belfast :crab:

But i would buy something like a Fiji.

• Cool 3

[YEEET]
Players
1,206 posts
11,644 battles

Dido would definitely be fun and a premium colony class would be popular - the Prinz Eugen to Hipper compared to a Fiji?

I too have a Belfast! Trying to make sure I have every British ship - including those built for other nations - Mikasa, Albany and the other destroyers

• Cool 3

Players
466 posts
1,698 battles
6 minutes ago, triumphgt6 said:

Dido would definitely be fun

I would love to see a Dido-class in the game, along a similar concept to the Atlanta. I'm not saying I'd necessarily buy it – I'm coming to the conclusion that cruisers aren't really my thing – but I might it it could be viable with a DD captain. That class really should have 'make me a premium' written all over it from WG's perspective, so I hope they make it happen. *hopeful face*

Players
1,212 posts
7,642 battles
...so why is it that pretty much all nations have some sort of premium cruiser to choose from?

Japan = 5

Atago + Yubari + Katori + Yahagi (incoming) + Azuma (incoming) 

USA= 11

Albany + Indianapolis + Boise + Salem + Alaska + Wichita + Atlanta + Marblehead + Marblehead Lima + Charleston + Flint

Germany = 3

Emden + Graf Spee + Prinz Eugen

Italy = 2

Duca D'Aosta + Duca Degli Abruzzi

Pan Asian = 2

Huang He + Irian (incoming)

Commonwealth = 1

Perth

France =1 

De Grasse

Pan American = 1

Nuevo De Julio

Russia = all the cruisers

Lazo (incoming) + Kutozov + Stalingrad + Krondshtadt + Oleg + Varyag + Krasny Krym + Molotov + Makarov + Murmansk + Diana + Diana Lima + Aurora

Britain = 0

Despite the fact that they have the Arethusa and Town Class CLs modelled. Not that we're cross about this. At ALL. 

Guys what do you think on this? If we were to get a couple what would you like to see? Obviously the Belfast with every consumable out there isn't the way to go so....

AA Cruisers - Tier IV, Carlisle, Tier V Delhi, Tier VI Arethusa - these would be HE focused with higher tier guns but RN DD gun arcs, big loopy things like Atlanta

Standard cruisers: Tier V - Arethusa (3 x 2 x 6 inch, Emerald torps), Tier VI Exeter (3 x 2 x 8 inch, RN DD smoke) , Tier VII - Sheffield, Smoke or Radar, not both

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

Modder
4,002 posts
7,196 battles
30 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

U.S.S.R. = 7

jYRnSMT.gif  7?!! (surprise surprise:Smile_sceptic:)

Aurora

Molotov

Varyag

Diana

Oleg

Krasny Krym

Kronshtadt (free xp only granted but....)

7?

1. Diana (Diana Lima)
  2. Aurora
  3. Oleg
  4. Varyag
  5. Murmansk
  6. Krasny Krim
  7. Molotov
  8. Admiral Makarov
  9. Mikhail Kutusov
  10. Kronshtadt
  11. Stalingrad
  12. uncoming Lazo
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,081 posts
2,939 battles
10 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:
...so why is it that pretty much all nations have some sort of premium cruiser to choose from?

[...]

Italy = 2

[...]

... maybe you should leave Italy out of the comparison. I'm not sure "having a full techtree but no premium" is worse than "having a couple premiums and absolutely no techtree"...

• Cool 3

[BS4]
Players
880 posts
5,487 battles
13 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Japan = 5

Atago + Yubari + Katori + Yahagi (incoming) + Azuma (incoming) 

USA= 11

Albany + Indianapolis + Boise + Salem + Alaska + Wichita + Atlanta + Marblehead + Marblehead Lima + Charleston + Flint

Germany = 3

Emden + Graf Spee + Prinz Eugen

Italy = 2

Pan Asian = 2

Huang He + Irian (incoming)

Commonwealth = 1

Perth

France =1 

De Grasse

Pan American = 1

Nuevo De Julio

Russia = all the cruisers

Lazo (incoming) + Kutozov + Stalingrad + Krondshtadt + Oleg + Varyag + Krasny Krym + Molotov + Makarov + Murmansk + Diana + Diana Lima + Aurora

Britain = 0

Despite the fact that they have the Arethusa and Town Class CLs modelled. Not that we're cross about this. At ALL. 

AA Cruisers - Tier IV, Carlisle, Tier V Delhi, Tier VI Arethusa - these would be HE focused with higher tier guns but RN DD gun arcs, big loopy things like Atlanta

Standard cruisers: Tier V - Arethusa (3 x 2 x 6 inch, Emerald torps), Tier VI Exeter (3 x 2 x 8 inch, RN DD smoke) , Tier VII - Sheffield, Smoke or Radar, not both

7 minutes ago, principat121 said:

7?

1. Diana (Diana Lima)
  2. Aurora
  3. Oleg
  4. Varyag
  5. Murmansk
  6. Krasny Krim
  7. Molotov
  8. Admiral Makarov
  9. Mikhail Kutusov
  10. Kronshtadt
  11. Stalingrad
  12. uncoming Lazo

Guys thank you for filling in the missing ones, worse than I thought then :Smile_facepalm:

[BS4]
Players
880 posts
5,487 battles
6 minutes ago, LastButterfly said:

... maybe you should leave Italy out of the comparison. I'm not sure "having a full techtree but no premium" is worse than "having a couple premiums and absolutely no techtree"...

omg forgot to put down Italy and france forgive me I was in a bit of a hurry....  but I absolutely agree on the above.

[BS4]
Players
880 posts
5,487 battles
23 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Would love to see a UK heavy cruiser.

Bloody right....:cap_like:

Players
1,016 posts
7,773 battles
7 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Guys thank you for filling in the missing ones, worse than I thought then :Smile_facepalm:

Not bad enough. There're still 2 Bogatyr class and one Pallada class protected cruisers that could be added as premiums. Surely these are a higher priority. :cap_tea:

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,469 posts
4,545 battles

Just one question:

After the brexit should WG move the british ships in the pan european section?

• Funny 4

[DREAD]
Players
397 posts

We still need a Tier 4 Premium, just to complete the Premium Techtree of Russia. Even though Makarov and the Tier 3  vessels are crap.

WG should just stop considering Commonwealth as an independent nation...

[BS4]
Players
880 posts
5,487 battles
3 minutes ago, Arakus said:

Just one question:

After the brexit should WG move the british ships in the pan european section?

AfSzouM.gif

...so you do have an opinion then? Or do you just go round voting boring on everyone's threads?

• Funny 2

Players
804 posts
12,839 battles
1 hour ago, SeaWolf7 said:

[...]

Now there are some REAL ships in there not paper ones so....Personally I would like to see the HMS Spartan/Dido given the premium treatment but...(cool name too)

[...]

Perhaps follow the current lines attributes but perhaps something with HE for a change?

[...]

Yes, that name please, as a T4 so we can have divisions or face-offs like this:

MV5BZWZlZGMyYzktODMwZS00NjllLWIwOGYtOGNi

On a more serious note, a Dido-class in the AA role or Kent-class' HMS Suffolk as a testing for RN CAs (WG could even copy-paste it in order to make HMAS Canberra) would be nice additions. Although the latter would be a pretty odd one (even more than Atlanta was before the introduction of the USN CL line) without accompanying silver ships.

Salute.

[CAIN]
Players
2,742 posts
11,013 battles

Well, there's always the option to buy Belfast, like the rest of us did. :Smile_trollface:

Seriously tho, buy all premiums, buy even more xmas containers until the Belfast drops (assuming it is in the drop list). 

Players
1,212 posts
7,642 battles
54 minutes ago, josykay said:

We still need a Tier 4 Premium, just to complete the Premium Techtree of Russia. Even though Makarov and the Tier 3  vessels are crap.

The problem is that the only remaining actual Russian / Soviet cruisers are the Admiral Nakhimov class, and even WG aren't daft enough to go with a ship called Chervona Ukraina (Red Ukraine) at the moment. You could have Krasnyi Kavkaz, but that's Krasny Krym's hull with 4 x single Kirov guns, which sounds like it would be hopeless and OP at the same time. 

[HOO]
Players
1,766 posts
1,636 battles

In all fairness the British are not hard done by. We have 3 Destroyers and 6 Battleships as premiums.

That being said I'd happily pay for a HMS Norfolk

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,405 posts
7,851 battles

Welp just get a premium camo for Fiji and you have a RN "premium" that is actualy better than Belfast.

Also the polish don't have a premium cruiser yet either! :Smile_trollface:

Or just go with Perth and pretend commonwealth = RN (which WG won't admit)

[H_FAN]
Players
2,002 posts
24,119 battles

Personally  hope for a RN cruiser split (at T1, i.e. first heavy on T2)) for heavy cruisers, but therefor we need a few Premums also ofc.

[YEEET]
Players
1,206 posts
11,644 battles
1 hour ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

Yes, that name please, as a T4 so we can have divisions or face-offs like this:

MV5BZWZlZGMyYzktODMwZS00NjllLWIwOGYtOGNi

On a more serious note, a Dido-class in the AA role or Kent-class' HMS Suffolk as a testing for RN CAs (WG could even copy-paste it in order to make HMAS Canberra) would be nice additions. Although the latter would be a pretty odd one (even more than Atlanta was before the introduction of the USN CL line) without accompanying silver ships.

Salute.

With slight modification could become the Spanish Canarias as well.