Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
vectisitch

warned for team damage. torpedoes

43 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
310 battles

why do i get warned and penalised when my team mates run into my torpedoes?? oncei release them i can't guide them. the team mate wanders into their line and theres nothing i can do about it. no intentional fire

• Funny 15
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 2

Players
1,212 posts
7,642 battles

Because your torpedo damaged a friendly ship, and WG's auto system doesn't take into account intent when deciding to punish you. It happens. Reflect on whether you are being careful with your torpedoes and whether you could have been more considerate, then take your medicine and move on.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Always the launcher's fault... 

If there is any chance of hitting your own team then you take the risk of hitting them.

You might think they are steering into it on purpose but they might see something you can't from back there.

Plus second line torp launching :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

[FRDF]
Players
182 posts
2,810 battles

Your torpedoes, your fault.. don't shoot torps if there is a chance to hit friendly.  And ship happens, getting pink for couple of games is not end of the world.

• Cool 3

Players
6 posts
310 battles

i like playing the cruisers and i aim to get in close even taking damage to get there, then i see a line for fire and it's clear. then a tea mship comes over into the line. yeh i suppose i need to pick my fire better but it is frustrating to get a warning for it.

i'm also new at this game after playing world of tanks for years. this is very addictive

Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles
1 minute ago, vectisitch said:

i like playing the cruisers and i aim to get in close even taking damage to get there, then i see a line for fire and it's clear. then a tea mship comes over into the line. yeh i suppose i need to pick my fire better but it is frustrating to get a warning for it

btw: you made a mistake with buying Hood. You are not ready for that ship and Tier 7 yet.

• Cool 2

Players
135 posts
3,993 battles
4 minutes ago, vectisitch said:

why do i get warned and penalised when my team mates run into my torpedoes?? oncei release them i can't guide them. the team mate wanders into their line and theres nothing i can do about it. no intentional fire

Your torpedoes are your responsibility.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

btw: you made a mistake with buying Hood. You are not ready for that ship and Tier 7 yet.

My own rule when I was new was never to buy a Prem ship for a tier I had not already grinded to...

Still WG want you to spend money regardless. Even if that's for £40 T8 CVs :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
6 posts
310 battles

yeh i guess it's wanting to own an iconic ship or an iconic tank  in WOT. i'll hold off on buying anything else for now and keep learning

• Cool 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles
4 hours ago, vectisitch said:

i actually do quite well with Hood. but i prefer the gameplay of the cruisers

No, you do not. It might sound harsh, but you are doing horribly. Im just trying to help you understand, what you are doing wrong.

*edit

Take this advice, its good:

4 hours ago, Negativvv said:

My own rule when I was new was never to buy a Prem ship for a tier I had not already grinded to...

Edited by Rvirgo
  • Cool 4

[TTT]
Players
4,108 posts
7,842 battles
13 minutes ago, vectisitch said:

by that logic, if you throw a rock in the middle of a city, it's also the fault of the other guy if you hit someone - since they moved into the path of your throw.

You could also, you know, not throw the rock launch the torpedo in the first place...

• Funny 2

Players
6 posts
310 battles

*edit

ok, so i come here for advice and end up getting flamed. i'm not a seasoned gamer or a long time wows gamer either. i'm learning and when i play the Hood i like it and feel i do ok. if it's not up to your admiral standards then i'm sorry

• Boring 2

Players
135 posts
3,993 battles
3 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I did this. It went horribly. I suggest an amendment to that rule, never buy a premium ship for a tier and class you have not already grinded to.

I played a game in my first T8, the Chapayev before happily running to the store to hand WG my money for a Tirpitz. It went about as well as you can expect for someone who didn't even have another T7 at the time...

I still don't have a tech tree T8 BB.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
61 posts
17,271 battles
Vor 1 Minute, vectisitch sagte:

ok, so i come here for advice and end up getting flamed. i'm not a seasoned gamer or a long time wows gamer either. i'm learning and when i play the Hood i like it and feel i do ok. if it's not up to your admiral standards then i'm sorry

you did get some advice. (in another post)

Vor 1 Minute, vectisitch sagte:

i end the game still alive a lot even if the team loses

could also be part of the problem. wrong position, not doing the right thing at the right time.

its not ment as an offence but some player also think they do right if they hugh the border!

• Cool 2

Players
135 posts
3,993 battles
2 minutes ago, vectisitch said:

You started the thread asking why you should be penalised for torpedoing your teammates. You got the necessary replies, your torpedoes are your responsibility.

You then went on to state that you actually do quite well in the hood, this is demonstrably false. When the falsehood was demonstrated you claimed that you were getting flamed. If you want advice why are you refusing to acknowledge that you need advice?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[-RM-]
Players
149 posts
2,261 battles
10 minutes ago, vectisitch said:

i actually do quite well with Hood. but i prefer the gameplay of the cruisers

I don't wish to sound rude or anything but with only 80 battles under your belt and an average damage of 12,000 in the Hood with no victories from 5 games isn't what I would call "quite well".

No offense, but you're currently a liability to any team, especially as you can get matched against T9 players.

Honestly, save yourself a lot of pain and frustration and work your way slowly up the tech tree, making sure not to skip ships. You need to learn the basics from lower tiers before being anywhere near  a T7 premium.

• Cool 4

Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles
5 minutes ago, vectisitch said:

i also play a lot of random battles. so i'm at the mercy of the team. i end the game still alive a lot even if the team loses

If you, in a random battle

- play a BB

- that is one of the fastest on its Tier

- do 12k dmg

- survive

- and lose the round

then you played comepltly wrong. There is just no other way of describing it. Its not your team - its you.

Now, you can play on like this for 100...500...2000 games until you finaly acknowledge this, or you be an early bird and understand it now, while its still easy to correct your stats and become a decent player. Else, you will sooner or later end up in flamuus stream, where he opens your account live for a couple of thousand people to look at and be the laughing stock.

• Cool 1

Players
2,160 posts
23 minutes ago, vectisitch said:

As the firer of the torpedoes it is YOUR fault if they hit an ally, you fire them, your responsibility.

Simple rule, do NOT fire torpedoes where you think an ally can be hit by them. I have missed many kills in my thousands of DD and cruiser games because I couldn't safely fire my torps.

• Cool 3

[NC]
Players
6 posts
6,178 battles
6 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Else, you will sooner or later end up in flamuus stream, where he opens your account live for a couple of thousand people to look at and be the laughing stock.

This sounds like cyber bullying for nerds to me. Flamuus was probably bullied at school for being a geek i reckon....the profile fits.

Some people just play wows for what it is..a game and do not need grief for it.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[TF57]
Players
28 posts
4,661 battles
4 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

simple rule, do NOT fire torpedoes where you think an ally can be hit by them. I have missed many kills in my thousands of DD and cruiser games because I couldn't safely fire my torps.

Oh yes, BB sailing in a straight line, focusing on another BB, you see the dev strike award coming your way, then you see one of your DDs cutting across your sights, you hold fire and the opportunity is missed. 

Players
135 posts
3,993 battles
2 minutes ago, wodewose said:

This sounds like cyber bullying for nerds to me. Flamuus was probably bullied at school for being a geek i reckon....the profile fits.

Some people just play wows for what it is..a game and do not need grief for it.

I don't think cyber bullying is a real thing.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Sign in to follow this