You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Armorin

Timing of Clan Battle Seasons

41 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,525 posts
15,545 battles
2 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

The “logic” behind them however makes you go WTF.

The cruiser strength is its AP... in fact it only has AP (other than Belfast). The BB strength is HE... not it’s AP that only the few with a brain use. The DD’s, to be decided. I think they are strong... and I smell a nerf coming to them at some point. A-la YY style.

fod knows what the next RN line gimmick will be 😂

I must admit i do love the logic some times....

HMS Warspite Reality.. after battle of Jutland was plagued for the rest of her life with rudder issues in game best turner in the fleet..

HMS Hood Rocket AA.. Removed from all ships that had them as they were found to be more than useless. In game most powerful short range AA there is

• Funny 1

Players
896 posts
8,679 battles

If you can't make it to any of the days during the entire clan battle season is it really WGs fault or do you just don't have enough time to play CBS? 

Players
135 posts
4,070 battles
5 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

If you can't make it to any of the days during the entire clan battle season is it really WGs fault or do you just don't have enough time to play CBS? 

I think the issue here isn't that any specific individual doesn't have the time to play, more that 7 individuals consistently making time to play a ship themed online arcade game on a specific time and day each week during the run up to Christmas and New Year is needlessly inconvenient given that there are 11 other months in the year that aren't Christmas and New Year.

• Cool 3

Players
896 posts
8,679 battles
20 minutes ago, Caughtintherain said:

I think the issue here isn't that any specific individual doesn't have the time to play, more that 7 individuals consistently making time to play a ship themed online arcade game on a specific time and day each week during the run up to Christmas and New Year is needlessly inconvenient given that there are 11 other months in the year that aren't Christmas and New Year.

During the run up to Christmas and NY... The seasons started a month before these events. So you're saying you cannot field a team because everyone is busy preparing their Christmas dinner a month before? Now I understand it's hard to field a team of 7 at any given time. But atm Bad-A has 39!!!!! Members. Shouldn't be too hard to have 7 online at night during those weeks. 

Besides that, you do not have to play four days and all the hours as a clan. If your clan can only play Sunday night for two hours, that's OK. 

The current times and days have been chosen because they're the most convenient for the largest part of the player base. If it doesn't suit your personal life... Sorry but that's too bad for you. 

[SCRUB]
Players
7,864 posts
10,066 battles
7 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

The current times and days have been chosen because they're the most convenient for the largest part of the player base.

You see, I'm not convinced that's actually the case though.

Or how would you explain that WG shortened CB seasons by two weeks?

Players
135 posts
4,070 battles
1 minute ago, GarrusBrutus said:

During the run up to Christmas and NY... The seasons started a month before these events. So you're saying you cannot field a team because everyone is busy preparing their Christmas dinner a month before? Now I understand it's hard to field a team of 7 at any given time. But atm Bad-A has 39!!!!! Members. Shouldn't be too hard to have 7 online at night during those weeks. 

Besides that, you do not have to play four days and all the hours as a clan. If your clan can only play Sunday night for two hours, that's OK. 

The current times and days have been chosen because they're the most convenient for the largest part of the player base. If it doesn't suit your personal life... Sorry but that's too bad for you. 

You mentioned the player count of BAD-A, I would prefer not to talk on behalf of or about my clan. My message was a general comment.

As for preparing Christmas dinner, yes actually some people do have Christmas dinner related tasks to do at the start of December. If you need me to I can give you a more exhaustive list of Christmas and New Year related tasks such as decorations purchase and placement, list making, present purchasing, card writing, family visiting, phonecall arrangement, watching Christmas specials on TV, working overtime to finish off miscellaneous tasks in work before Christmas, that's before we even get in to the general leisure activities around Christmas like grotto visiting, window shopping and enhanced community activity, I imagine church goers are quite busy around this time of year too, huge in the EU, even bigger in NA.

You argue that the current times and dates have been chosen because they're the most convenient for the largest part of the player base, I'm not convinced of that. Scheduled events around December are convenient for teenagers and students, I can't think of many other groups December is convenient for, and while they may form a large part of the community I think the middle aged and old git brackets are substantial too. Without the numbers I can't say for certain but I would guess that teenagers and students might make up a plurality of users, but not a majority.

• Cool 1

Players
896 posts
8,679 battles
11 hours ago, Caughtintherain said:

You mentioned the player count of BAD-A, I would prefer not to talk on behalf of or about my clan. My message was a general comment.

As for preparing Christmas dinner, yes actually some people do have Christmas dinner related tasks to do at the start of December. If you need me to I can give you a more exhaustive list of Christmas and New Year related tasks such as decorations purchase and placement, list making, present purchasing, card writing, family visiting, phonecall arrangement, watching Christmas specials on TV, working overtime to finish off miscellaneous tasks in work before Christmas, that's before we even get in to the general leisure activities around Christmas like grotto visiting, window shopping and enhanced community activity, I imagine church goers are quite busy around this time of year too, huge in the EU, even bigger in NA.

You argue that the current times and dates have been chosen because they're the most convenient for the largest part of the player base, I'm not convinced of that. Scheduled events around December are convenient for teenagers and students, I can't think of many other groups December is convenient for, and while they may form a large part of the community I think the middle aged and old git brackets are substantial too. Without the numbers I can't say for certain but I would guess that teenagers and students might make up a plurality of users, but not a majority.

Well some people have exams in november, some people move houses in october, some people go to the toilet in september, etc. etc.

There is never a time that suits everybody. Sorry that you cannot play during december because youre too busy righting postcards and watching christmasspecials, sorry wargaming doesnt create a clanbattles schedule that fits your personal needs. 

I'm pretty sure these are the optimal times for clanbattles. Why? Because peak hours. WG has the exact numbers when most players are online and voila, thats when clanbattles are. Again, might not suit the middle aged who are purchasing christmas decorations but it does suit the majority of the playerbase.

• Funny 1

[DAVY]
Players
481 posts
4,361 battles
14 hours ago, CraftyVeteran said:

love this meme. it's precisely how i felt going to college in my 30's lol

in fact my "old man" moment was talking to a college kid who didn't know who the Ninja Turtles or 1980's Transformers were. I vowed from then on to get the hell out of there and graduate as quickly as possible.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,139 posts
17,784 battles

Comrades, you are not thinking as you should, reeducation is needed for you! 

It was during winter that our glorious Motherland stopped Napoleon, and Hitler twice, at Moscow and Stalingrad! 

• Bad 1

[BGBRD]
Players
8 posts
6,816 battles

Why WG made a permanent CBs . Why should have seasons , etc .... ? 

Or made CB season 3 months ,but without restriction to play 4 days per week . Let's play every day . People want to challenge with other clans , people want to play together . 

Or  you can make a Global Map , and clans to conquer the seas , to defend , to attack , to received some stuff for holding some areas ..... 

Think about it .

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[AAO]
Tournament Organizer
334 posts
11,654 battles
45 minutes ago, Luzi_fer said:

Why WG made a permanent CBs . Why should have seasons , etc .... ? 

Or made CB season 3 months ,but without restriction to play 4 days per week . Let's play every day . People want to challenge with other clans , people want to play together . 

Or  you can make a Global Map , and clans to conquer the seas , to defend , to attack , to received some stuff for holding some areas ..... 

Think about it .

Timing and duration of CB is not as easy as it may look like. The playerbase for CB is not big enough (especially not on all servers) to enable CB as a permanent feature. I agree that ppl want to play together and that its fun. Having some downtime between seasons is not bad. There is plenty to do; ranked, grinding ships, tournaments. From a personal point of view I would love to have shorter seasons, but more often.

A global map sounds fun if you just talk about it. In reality it sux. Getting something for holding = not playing is wrong. A few clans and alliances would dominate and let noone else have anything. I like the current way. Maybe some nice benefits for high placing clans, to motivate everyone to keep playing after grinding their steel. If I were you i would be very carefull to ask for a global map.

[TTT]
Players
4,214 posts
7,925 battles
13 minutes ago, TobiAssho said:

Timing and duration of CB is not as easy as it may look like. The playerbase for CB is not big enough (especially not on all servers) to enable CB as a permanent feature. I agree that ppl want to play together and that its fun. Having some downtime between seasons is not bad. There is plenty to do; ranked, grinding ships, tournaments. From a personal point of view I would love to have shorter seasons, but more often.

that, and WG also have to be careful about not breaking their only "official competitive" (not gonna get into that debate) mode by releasing major features in the middle or even right before a season. Imagine if the CV rework had hit during a season, with everyone having to have mastered the new CV gameplay yesterday to still have any semblance of a chance...

[BGBRD]
Players
8 posts
6,816 battles
19 hours ago, TobiAssho said:

A global map sounds fun if you just talk about it. In reality it sux. Getting something for holding = not playing is wrong. A few clans and alliances would dominate and let noone else have anything. I like the current way. Maybe some nice benefits for high placing clans, to motivate everyone to keep playing after grinding their steel. If I were you i would be very carefull to ask for a global map.

Ok.... maybe you are right that Permanent clan battles are not good choice , because will let some teams to be always on top . 

I am also agree that more CB seasons are better , but currently situation ( speak about 2018 ) to have 4 months between seasons is not Ok from my point of view . ( 1 month is ok :) ) 

Ranked battles are not team battle . You are depend from random players . 

Tournaments are  very engaging..... all I try to said is that WG should be focus more on team play instead of motivate single play modes . 

At the moment i was very disappointed ( also my clanmates ) from "Naval Battle" . As you remember announce was " Battle between clans" and everybody expect battle :) , but in fact all you need to do is click "enabled" and play . Mission is made it itself :) And idea of WG is just to push clans to activate their "sleeping" members to play :) 

Beta Tester
649 posts
6,898 battles

Well clearly the Naval Battles are not Clan Battles - just look at the reward scheme and potential - very different.

My guess is that WG waits a bit with next Clan Battle season to see how the carrier rework stabilizes - to decide on the inclusion or exclusion of CVs.

In the meantime in KoTS CVs will be allowed - first test ground in competitive for action CVs.

By the way: does anybody know who won Clan Battle Season 4? There was absolutely no article or news about it.... ...strange....