You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Armorin

Timing of Clan Battle Seasons

41 comments in this topic

[BLAST]
Players
741 posts
12,107 battles

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the timing of clan battle seasons are being badly timed?

Season 3 took place over the summer and with the world cup in the middle. Many people where on vacation, so some clans found it difficult to get 7 players together.

This season, season 4, is taking place over Christmas. A lot of people are going to be sampling glorious Russian Vodka in the party run up to Christmas, and then spend time arguing with the family. I can see it being difficult to get 7 players together again.

At least with ranked battles, clans don't need to get teams together, and can play whenever they have the time. So perhaps clan battle seasons could be timed slightly better?

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
8,204 battles

Add to that the fact that the 3rd and 4th season are both like 2 weeks shorter than 1 and 2.

Guess why I keep saying WG is  moving the goalposts for CBs.

And yeah. The timing during summer was bad, and now during christmas and NY is also crappy (combined with the shorter season). It is quite dumb. But hey, its WG, what did you expect? Logic?

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

CB are the last, best thing about this game.

Too bad I can't play because the early evening times is when I'm either at work or putting my child to bed.

It's quite an effort assembling a team to sit down for 2+ hours, which I can't commit to these days.

Not even WG's fault for once :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,730 posts
20,994 battles

December-January and July-August best time for clanwar, comrades! 

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
1 minute ago, 22cm said:

December-January and July-August best time for clanwar, comrades! 

No gulag for you! Everyone else, report to your nearest gulag for internment immediately!

• Bad 1

[BLAST]
Players
741 posts
12,107 battles
45 minutes ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

they could make cb 1h earlier as prime...

That's not great for UK workers really.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,321 posts
8,600 battles
2 hours ago, Loran_Battle said:

Add to that the fact that the 3rd and 4th season are both like 2 weeks shorter than 1 and 2.

Just copypasting the table I did on season durations for anyone interested.

Season Start Date End Date Days total
1 19.10.2017 21.12.2017 64
2 10.2.2018 16.4.2018 (Monday, so last day excluded) 65
3 30.6.2018 19.8.2018 51
4 28.11.2018 20.1.2019 54
  • Cool 5

Supertester
2,445 posts
10,370 battles

All dates will always be onconvinient for some people. What we are seeing is simply a schedule with 2-3 months between seasons and I don't think there's anyting wrong with it.

What'S the alternative? Playing less seasons? Amazing idea.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,922 battles
47 minutes ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

All dates will always be onconvinient for some people. What we are seeing is simply a schedule with 2-3 months between seasons and I don't think there's anyting wrong with it.

Some dates are however less convenient for more people.

Some of those same dates can also easily be planned around for convenience's sake. I mean, it's not as if christmas season just snuck into the schedule out of the blue as an example, nor should it come to anyone's surprise that among the playerbase on the EU server, christmas season isn't exactly a trivially localized phenomenon.

I'm not saying WG has to somehow bend over backwards and make the perfect schedule for everyone, but it shouldn't be too hard to steer clear from scheduling a competitive event that by its very nature requires lots of people to organize and come together on a regular basis during the year's single primetime family and festivity season. They could run Ranked if they absolutely must have a competitive season, it's a LOT easier for a single individual to make some time in their own schedule over this period than have 7+ people clear time to show up at WG's scheduled CB sessions.

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
8,204 battles
45 minutes ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

Yeah whoever goes on holidays in summer vacations. Such inconsiderate people. And its fine making that season shorter by 2 weeks

Also, whoever has things to do around christmas season. Shame on us.

Seriously, yes all dates will inconvenience some people, but during summer holidays and christmas/NY you are ASSURED of it. Is that really so hard to understand.

And I'm not talking about myself here, I even have more time during the christmas break probably.

• Cool 1

Supertester
2,445 posts
10,370 battles
5 hours ago, Loran_Battle said:

Yeah whoever goes on holidays in summer vacations. Such inconsiderate people. And its fine making that season shorter by 2 weeks

Also, whoever has things to do around christmas season. Shame on us.

Seriously, yes all dates will inconvenience some people, but during summer holidays and christmas/NY you are ASSURED of it. Is that really so hard to understand.

And I'm not talking about myself here, I even have more time during the christmas break probably.

So we would see ranked seasons during the holidays then and people would complain as well. Really nothing WG can win here so I‘m absolutely fine with how it is.

I have also heard there’s people who have got more time during the holidays, what’s with them? 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,263 posts
13,470 battles
8 hours ago, Armorin said:

Anyone with the job for that matter. But if you go to bed at 10 it might be the only solution... :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Players
560 posts
4,696 battles

pretty typical. WG always caters to those who have no jobs, no friends and no lives.  It's hard enough to get everyone together for the window they offer. I really wish they would stop timegating.

Players
2,425 posts
12,197 battles

Well as a shift worker CW have always been pretty much impossible to commit to and that isn’t WG’s fault. I chose my career. But come on, common sense would dictate at least avoiding the major Holiday season in 2 of the servers. 

[SCRUB]
Players
3,452 posts
9,276 battles
3 hours ago, CraftyVeteran said:

pretty typical. WG always caters to those who have no jobs, no friends and no lives.  It's hard enough to get everyone together for the window they offer. I really wish they would stop timegating.

tenor.gif?itemid=4421105

• Funny 1

[THESO]
2,261 posts
7,491 battles

Everyone thinks and wants whats best for them!

If you ask me, The clan Battles should be going on with only 1 week between in seasons.

But I believe that would have other side effects which I would not care about but WG and devs will..

When people will stop complaining.. I guess never..

Yeah I would like the CB would be an hour earlier, but that makes our people in UK will suffer a lot.

3 hours ago, CraftyVeteran said:

wellcome to the clan Crafty, since this is your second day,

I wanted to inform you that, there were 19 of those who have no jobs, no friends and no lives online from your new clan to play clan battles last night for 4 hours straight..

So If you want to play CB, just come into discord!

So you know!

• Funny 2

[JRM]
Players
3,372 posts
18,792 battles

Well I have a job (nasty working hours job acctually), wife and I hope life as well (ie we go out, spend time together, go on vacations) and I played all 4 days of curent season (not whole time since we rotated in teams) wont play at all times couse of RL and job but its a game after all so its not expected to do that anyway 

• Cool 1

Players
560 posts
4,696 battles
2 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Everyone thinks and wants whats best for them!

If you ask me, The clan Battles should be going on with only 1 week between in seasons.

But I believe that would have other side effects which I would not care about but WG and devs will..

When people will stop complaining.. I guess never..

Yeah I would like the CB would be an hour earlier, but that makes our people in UK will suffer a lot.

wellcome to the clan Crafty, since this is your second day,

I wanted to inform you that, there were 19 of those who have no jobs, no friends and no lives online from your new clan to play clan battles last night for 4 hours straight..

So If you want to play CB, just come into discord!

So you know!

had to work last night but I am available on fri and sat lols....I work nights i tells ya. Now may I have my testes back...

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,861 posts
17,427 battles
18 hours ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

they could make cb 1h earlier as prime...

17 hours ago, Armorin said:

Arrrr but as if 1st of March will the Brits be allowed on the EU server.............. Hard Exit and all that  :Smile_hiding::Smile_hiding:

Spoiler

I KNOW KNOW no politics on the forum but i just could not resist....    Sorry

Players
2,425 posts
12,197 battles
15 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Arrrr but as if 1st of March will the Brits be allowed on the EU server.............. Hard Exit and all that  :Smile_hiding::Smile_hiding:

Hide contents

I KNOW KNOW no politics on the forum but i just could not resist....    Sorry

Brexit isn’t politics. It’s a master class lesson in “what the f**kery”... kinda like the Royal Navy ship Lines 😛

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,861 posts
17,427 battles
Just now, Bear_Necessities said:

Brexit isn’t politics. It’s a master class lesson in “what the f**kery”... kinda like the Royal Navy ship Lines 😛

RN DDs are great... RN BBs do well with there AP.. Just no one realises.....  Cruisers... there OK

Players
2,425 posts
12,197 battles
1 minute ago, T0byJug said:

RN DDs are great... RN BBs do well with there AP.. Just no one realises.....  Cruisers... there OK

The “logic” behind them however makes you go WTF.

The cruiser strength is its AP... in fact it only has AP (other than Belfast). The BB strength is HE... not it’s AP that only the few with a brain use. The DD’s, to be decided. I think they are strong... and I smell a nerf coming to them at some point. A-la YY style.

fod knows what the next RN line gimmick will be 😂

[XODUS]
Players
799 posts
4,796 battles
4 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

The “logic” behind them however makes you go WTF.

The cruiser strength is its AP... in fact it only has AP (other than Belfast). The BB strength is HE... not it’s AP that only the few with a brain use. The DD’s, to be decided. I think they are strong... and I smell a nerf coming to them at some point. A-la YY style.

fod knows what the next RN line gimmick will be 😂

RADAR PLANES with Defensive AA

• Funny 1