Blackrockshooter31

Credits and T8+ ships

16 comments in this topic

Question

Players
24 posts
1,436 battles

Hello, i have some questions about credit economy.

I recently got my second t8 ship, bismarck and i observed that economy isn't that good as lower tiers

The thing is that i always wanted a t10 ship because everyone has one , almost all the clans require to have at least one so yeah...

But recently was verry hard to increase, do to s stupid thing that i did and lowered my economy and credits to only 1 million, but still i saw people having t10 and 9 ships, being a t8 i sometimes fight against upper tiers, how those people can manage to hold on?, i saw on test server that a yamato cost is like 50k+ if i remember correctly so you need to win or do massive ammount of damage, as an relative new player i still learn or practice mechanics.

So how i can manage without any money spent to get at least one t10 ship, i don t need more, until now the economy was ok but still..is geting difficult i mean i don't mind playing my bismarck i kinda begin to play it well, still can be nice to have at leas one t10

So what ships and economic tips i can use to increase  the income or decrease the spending number or credits, also if i should go for a t10 ship.

Also i wanna mention that any premium ships or premium time that i can and will have is from missions crates or any sources, but not payed

Thanks

15 answers to this question

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

How to get more credits overall:

• Play better
  • Play premium ships
  • Have Premium Time running
  • Buy Permanent Camos for high tier ships

If you are a F2P player:

• Participate in events to get free premiums (also collect Free XP and Coal)
  • Play lower to mid tiers (4...7 probably) to "farm" credits

And the high tier economy is far too soft as it is, every potato can just pick a t10 ship, stick a perma-camo on it, buy Premium Acc and thus never lose credits playing it despite being as useless as the average AFK

• Cool 2

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles

Pretty much what all others said, so, just going to add two things.

On premiums you can get for free: WG hands out free premium ships every now and then, which can range from questionable to outright OP (typically they are rather balanced though). As a collector, you want them all, as a F2P player, the most interesting ones though are in the Tier 6 to 7 bracket. T5 and lower turn not much of a profit. T8 and higher I'll talk about in a bit, but those don't get handed out for missions. T6-7 is a sweet spot for F2P players where they can get good returns. Apart from being in this bracket, you also want the ship to be good, so you can reliably farm credits. For example, earlier this year, WG handed out Indianapolis for free, which is a T7 USN heavy cruiser, but its performance is lackluster and I'd not recommend it for anyone trying to grind credits. Can be done, but you need to be good and it's likely no enjoyable experience. Currently, there is one premium T6 that is announced to be given away for free, which is the Prinz Eitel Friedrich, available during Christmas holidays for some grindy missions. This is a fast T6 German battleship, with lackluster but workable stats and I would think a decent player could get some credits out of it. Another T6 ship that is available is the T6 IJN destroyer Shinonome. Shinonome is the final reward of the Honourable Service campaign, requiring high tier ships and is a very good T6 destroyer. It certainly should allow credit farming if one is a decent destroyer player. From a recent stream of Flamu though, where he looked at the upcoming campaigns, it seems Shinonome can be earned during the "In the Name of His Highness" campaign during Christmas season as well, which would make the ship vastly more accessible, also for the thread creator.

Other than these, there exist the premiums in the arsenal. Here, the only ship in the T6-7 spread is aigle, which is not necessarily bad, just overly complicated to get my recommendation as a credit grinder. Far better are the higher tier ships, which typically have very good grinding potential and come with premium camo (like all premiums), reducing service cost. The issue here is, you frankly aren't very good at the game and even if you had a Salem, you'd just get devastated every battle and not earn anything. But these are otherwise decent options for free players who can play effectively in high tiers.

On getting better: Frankly, to get better it's best to look up youtube videos on the matter, as people there can show you how to play. For mechanics, WG has released a new series of videos that are called "How it works" and can be accessed under "Video Tutorials" ingame or just looked up on youtube. you can also stick around the boards and maybe later look for a clan that can help you. As you are a carrier player, I also recommend that you learn how to manual drop, as I'm not sure you know how. At least that's what the stats seem to indicate. You can use the side @thiextar brought up to check on your progress. It might be depressing, but it's a good way to monitor progress. I personally was in the red too a long time ago, but have steadily been improving and it's nice when you can watch an upward trend.

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,742 battles

The easiest ways are for money, premium camos or premium time.

If you don't want to pay, you have other choices:

• Use premium ships from ingame missions to farm credits, stack them with flags and camos for more credits (the higher the tier the more credits they bring).
  • Save Free XP or Coal for a T9 or T10 premium ship from the Arsenal as they will yield even more credits.
  • Play some matches at T5 or T6 to get credits as the economy there is better.
  • Play better. (This is kinda obvious, playing better will give more credits ^^)

Also: Don't play Coop as you get even less credits there, but the scenarios are great to farm.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
4 hours ago, Blackrockshooter31 said:

Thanks for all the comments and i will try to do as well

One more question, for now my only camo is on bismarck, the campaign camo, it's usefull?

Yeah, it gives the same bonuses as normal t8 perma-camos

The part you're looking for is the "service costs" reduction (-10% in this case)

[IRON7]
Players
691 posts
512 battles
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, Blackrockshooter31 said:

t8 i sometimes fight against upper tiers, how those people can manage to hold on?,

these players have , usually, large amount of credits. for them credits don't matter anymore.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, Blackrockshooter31 said:

i observed that economy isn't that good as lower tiers

the game is designed for more expenses the higher the tier. if you are F2P, you must play at lower tiers and accumulate sufficient credits to play higher tiers.

[IRON7]
Players
691 posts
512 battles
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:12 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

every potato can just pick a t10 ship

you mean one of those rentals? then, yes, sadly, potatoes can (& WG wants this game to survive?) (I sense a tear in the continuum here)

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
1 hour ago, antean said:

these players have , usually, large amount of credits. for them credits don't matter anymore.

the game is designed for more expenses the higher the tier. if you are F2P, you must play at lower tiers and accumulate sufficient credits to play higher tiers.

Either that or a combination of premium account and/or permanent camo. I only own one T10 perma camo, which is HSF K-117 Yamato, but I could utterly suck in the ship and still turn a profit. Combined with how easy it is to actually get damage though in a T10, a T10 perma camo transforms such a ship into a strong credit source, if you know how to not be utterly useless.

1 hour ago, antean said:

you mean one of those rentals? then, yes, sadly, potatoes can (& WG wants this game to survive?) (I sense a tear in the continuum here)

Rentals are only for Clan Battles. If your clan allows you into the lineup despite being crap at the game, that's their issue, noone else cares. Thanks for the win if we ever meet such a clan. What wilkatis likely meant is that if you play enough battles, you will end up at T10. You could earn 100 base exp per battle, after enough battles you'd still have accumulated enough for a T10.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,606 posts
6,459 battles

@Blackrockshooter31 - as others have mentioned, when you eventually get to T10, it is very helpful to have perma-camo on your ship(s) - I do on mine, and it effectively turns them into a premium, as far as silver earning goes.

The down-sides are: a) it'll take ages to get there, via the distinctly credit-unfriendly territory of T8-9, and b) you *mostly* have to pay doubloons to get the camo part.

Part a) has already been addressed for a f2p account (play games at mid-tier to replenish silver, to fund high tiers; get better, to do more damage etc.). Part b) isn't without hope for the discerning f2p player though - although most such camos do require opening of wallets, WG do occasionally give out a freebie, albeit at the end of some grind or other e.g. the Sharks/Eagles event earlier in the year handed out at least one T10 camo for those that wanted them, and played enough (I think I have a Worcester camo in my inventory as a result).

I mention this as it might inform which line to push to T10 if you know you have a camo waiting at the end, although I should say it's important not to push a line you stink at just because there *is* a camo at the end (I'm rubbish at cruisers, hence why my Worcester camo isn't in use, for example!)...

It is worth having at least one T10 for CW (the rewards are worthwhile, plus it's fun to play); the rentals are fine (assuming you equip them properly), but the inability to fit even temporary camo puts you at a disadvantage, which others will exploit ruthlessly. Obviously, the point about being able to play at T10 is relevant too (most would argue I'm not there yet either)... 

Players
1,384 posts
10,331 battles
Am 2.12.2018 um 00:57, Blackrockshooter31 sagte:

The thing is that i always wanted a t10 ship because everyone has one

Not a good reason.

I don't.

If the things you can do with these ships don't matter to you, there is little point in getting one.

Zitat

, almost all the clans require to have at least one so yeah...

Not true. There are plenty of clans out there who don't.

Some are just in it for the economic benefits and not for clan battles. They are looking for regular players who contribute their three daily containers as often as they can.

Others will take you because they want to play Clan Battles and have trouble filling their teams, and will be glad about you helping out, even with your rental ships. They might not the best players but then you aren't, either. They can still be good company.

Zitat

So what ships and economic tips i can use to increase  the income or decrease the spending number or credits, also if i should go for a t10 ship.

First thing is join a clan. Any clan that will have you. Precisely for the econonomic benefits.

Next thing - Christmas discounts coming up - shop for a good deal on premium acc't. It will turn all your silver ships into semi-premiums instantly. More effective than any ship you could buy. Last year's good deal was ~60 Euros for a full year. Anything below that is not a good deal. What with WoWs being in the hot water it is in, they should be glad about any takers and offer better incentives.

And rather than fixating on T10 ships -

1) grind Commander XP => gradually max out first one commander, than another one etc. by focusing as much XP as possible on him. Use the best guy from the nation you have the most premium ships of - specialize him on a silver ship. That way, you can use him on many ships and thus utilize the first daily win bonus of all these ships toward your (Elite) Commander XP.

2) grind all the promo ships from events. Especially promo ships from the bigger nations (which they usually are.) The more premiums - the more round-robin with your top captains - the more Commander XP. Discover your inner seal clubber. It might be harder to make some of them work for you than others. But it will make you a more well-rounded player and you can always sell them for the port slot if you just hate them too much.

• Cool 2

[W-C]
Players
496 posts
2,284 battles

Basically @Riselotte covered your options off pretty well @Blackrockshooter31

One thing they missed tho was FXP ships - specifically HMS Nelson at T7 which is (from what I gather) a pretty reliable credit earner, although has a fairly passive playstyle. The other thing is (I haven't tried this yet) as a F2P player there are still opportunities to get doubloons (SC's, missions etc) which you can use to purchase premium time in the game client. It's probably worth trying this if you are going on a credit grinding spree - although like I need to, you probably want to try and get a bit more competent in the ships you will be using for this before trying it.

GL &HF:Smile_honoring:

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
6 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

Basically @Riselotte covered your options off pretty well @Blackrockshooter31

One thing they missed tho was FXP ships - specifically HMS Nelson at T7 which is (from what I gather) a pretty reliable credit earner, although has a fairly passive playstyle. The other thing is (I haven't tried this yet) as a F2P player there are still opportunities to get doubloons (SC's, missions etc) which you can use to purchase premium time in the game client. It's probably worth trying this if you are going on a credit grinding spree - although like I need to, you probably want to try and get a bit more competent in the ships you will be using for this before trying it.

GL &HF:Smile_honoring:

Indeed, I missed Nelson. Nelson is a solid ship, just a bit special. Necessitates 375k free exp, but for T7, if you get top tier, it's a beast. If not, it's a glass cannon. certainly has credit potential, if you like playing her. Playstyle isn't necessarily passive, because if you are up against non-overmatch ships, you can push, if up against ships that can overmatch you, the worst thing to do is sit there bow-on stationary. Also, torps and planes are a real threat. Basically, Nelson is often played stationary bow-in, but the only time where such really is wise is if you run headfirst into half the enemy team, noone can overmatch you and it's too late to turn around, so you hit the reverse and try to kill them one by one while spamming support request.

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Players
496 posts
2,284 battles
47 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Indeed, I missed Nelson. Nelson is a solid ship, just a bit special. Necessitates 375k free exp, but for T7, if you get top tier, it's a beast. If not, it's a glass cannon. certainly has credit potential, if you like playing her. Playstyle isn't necessarily passive, because if you are up against non-overmatch ships, you can push, if up against ships that can overmatch you, the worst thing to do is sit there bow-on stationary. Also, torps and planes are a real threat. Basically, Nelson is often played stationary bow-in, but the only time where such really is wise is if you run headfirst into half the enemy team, noone can overmatch you and it's too late to turn around, so you hit the reverse and try to kill them one by one while spamming support request

OK, thanks for the preview of the playstyle. I'm guessing ideally you want to be a 2nd-nearly-3rd-line (depending on who/what you are facing) mid-range support on a pushing flank, or otherwise roaming around punishing bow-on BB's and DD's with your HE, and popping of the occasional AP salvo when the opportunity arises (broadside cruisers etc) then?

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
5 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

OK, thanks for the preview of the playstyle. I'm guessing ideally you want to be a 2nd-nearly-3rd-line (depending on who/what you are facing) mid-range support on a pushing flank, or otherwise roaming around punishing bow-on BB's and DD's with your HE, and popping of the occasional AP salvo when the opportunity arises (broadside cruisers etc) then?

I mean, the degree of aggressiveness is dictated by what you face. If you are top tier and up vs stuff like Lyon, KGV, Scharnhorst, you got pretty decent chances going full BB and fighting just behind friendly DDs and with the cruisers, as long as you don't offer your flanks up. Nothing can overmatch you and HE spam is what your ship can deal with, as you have lolheal and the bit of AA and secondaries were kinda pointless from the start, so even if they are lost, not much of a difference. AP can be shot at cruisers and BBs, as you overmatch. You can shoot AP against broadside T8s and T9s, but don't expect results against angled T9s. HE is good in those cases and can be used against ships that could angle against AP, like Scharnhorst/Gneisenau.

When facing ships like Nagato, Gneisenau, Colorado, Warspite or higher tier BBs, you are best off trying to not be shot at and play more defensive at ranges where you can try to angle to avoid direct shots through the nose into the citadel and where you might even go undetected between salvos. These ships have priority over BBs that cannot overmatch you.

If you face Musashi, you change flank.

In general, bow-in playstyle makes you an easy target, limits your firepower and causes you to potentially play too passively and find yourself in trouble before you know it. Similar deal with Yamato and a more mobile style to keep up with the battle is more useful. Both ships though need to be very careful when turning, as their sides are their weakness. No T7 BB eats citadels as easily as Nelson. Not even Hood.

• Cool 1