You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
illy

Unlucky or do i just suck at Tier X?

37 comments in this topic

Players
42 posts
3,292 battles

i recently unlocked the Worcester, absolutely love it, had a hard time getting my captain trained but now he's there it's great. Unfortunately my win rate is terrible in it, i have some stupid games and many good games, 120k damage is no problem.....but....i just cannot seem to win in it, some games admittedly are so close it could have gone either way but as much as i love playing tier X it does seem not to be lucky in the slightest for me....... think i'll go back a few tiers and see how i get on and then go back.

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,041 battles

It would seem your should stick to Tier 2/3/4. The playstyle at those tier is way different than TX.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
672 posts
10,268 battles

I tend to avoid TX when the super-unicum divisions are out and about. Odds are, you will not be on their team.

• Cool 1

Players
42 posts
3,292 battles
6 minutes ago, P2Win said:

It would seem your should stick to Tier 2/3/4. The playstyle at those tier is way different than TX.

maybe be i should try WOT again....maybe not

Players
42 posts
3,292 battles
5 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

Nothing wrong with tiers or your skills, this game is just disgusting random number generator both in MM and shooting. 

Worst thing is MM. I had WR with Yamato about 65 - 66% after about 120 games. I really tried hard while playing it, because i found it to be most enjoyable ship i have played in game. But then it started - about 50 games i was given SUCH UTTER SH_T TEAMS, S_U_C_H PIECES OF SH_T, PLAYERS, that everything i did was irrelevant, i knew from about second minute in game it is a loss. 

YOU CAN INFLUENCE OUTCOME OF THE GAME IN MAYBE 2 - 3 % OF GAMES. End of story. Everything else is MM or platoon - 3 man platoon has much higher influence on game. If you play solo 2 - 3% is most you can hope for. 

This is the thing i hate most about this game by far, even more then shell RNG - MM decides games for you. That is a fact. If MM decided to put you with 10 drooling RETA__DED C_NTS you are done, JUST DONE and your skills are irrelevant. 

i was too polite to put it that way...but sometimes within the first minute you know winning the game is going to be a difficult ask

• Cool 3

[AAO]
Players
1,804 posts
9,595 battles
Just now, illy said:

maybe be i should try WOT again....maybe not

Ignore him, he's of of the biggest trolls around, and not even a funny one for that.

Checking your stats myself, I'd suggest going for midtiers (around 7), some more, as it is there that it seems to go downhill.

Or maybe try heavy cruisers for a while? You definitely need experience with other shiptypes. Almost half of your shiptypes are light cruisers (us/uk), and you need to know what other ships do. Best way to know is play them yourselfves (be it dd, bb, ca)

• Cool 5

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
672 posts
10,268 battles

@illy You don't really have that many games at t9 and t10 to have enough statistical significance to draw conclusions on win rate. My individual ship win rates vary greatly with those battle numbers. I wouldn't expect to be instantly successful with your first TX ship though.

[AS13]
Players
2,463 posts
2,499 battles
22 minutes ago, Armorin said:

I tend to avoid TX when the super-unicum divisions are out and about. Odds are, you will not be on their team.

If you ARE on their team it's not much fun either. Yes you'll usually win.

But happened to me once, no kill, 30k meagre damage, all opponents dead.

Mega-ROFLSTOMP.... 

• Cool 3

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,561 battles
15 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

If you ARE on their team it's not much fun either. Yes you'll usually win.

But happened to me once, no kill, 30k meagre damage, all opponents dead.

Mega-ROFLSTOMP.... 

*edit ALONE. I had literally no support and only reason they killed me was that fricking OP radar. 

Being unicum in this game while playing in 3 man platoon is like being a ok boxer, fighting vs cripples, yes you will beat them all.....

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx
Inappropriate content

Players
42 posts
3,292 battles
25 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Ignore him, he's of of the biggest trolls around, and not even a funny one for that.

Checking your stats myself, I'd suggest going for midtiers (around 7), some more, as it is there that it seems to go downhill.

Or maybe try heavy cruisers for a while? You definitely need experience with other shiptypes. Almost half of your shiptypes are light cruisers (us/uk), and you need to know what other ships do. Best way to know is play them yourselfves (be it dd, bb, ca)

going through the British BBs and dds too, might try some French lines also, was hoping to get the Musashi with coal but i have no where near enough to do it

[TTT]
Players
4,102 posts
7,839 battles

it would indeed seem T10 is a tad too high for you at this point - but not to worry, you're on the right track. As Saiyko suggested, you might want to get some more experience in other ship classes - the added perspectives really help, and you'll learn a lot in general.

€dit now that I see your latest post:

Frenchies are a pretty good choice I'd say - their cruiser line plays sorta the polar opposite of the "try to sneak in close and/or use terrain" style of the  US and RN CL, and the BB line has very few stinkers in it once you're past T5.

• Cool 1

Players
42 posts
3,292 battles
19 minutes ago, Armorin said:

@illy You don't really have that many games at t9 and t10 to have enough statistical significance to draw conclusions on win rate. My individual ship win rates vary greatly with those battle numbers. I wouldn't expect to be instantly successful with your first TX ship though.

i'll persevere as i did some good damage today so i know i can compete, it's turning it all into a win that d=seems difficult

Players
42 posts
3,292 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

it would indeed seem T10 is a tad too high for you at this point - but not to worry, you're on the right track. As Saiyko suggested, you might want to get some more experience in other ship classes - the added perspectives really help, and you'll learn a lot in general.

i have done research on ships that i face and that has helped, i have the baltimore unlocked maybe i should give her a try

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
672 posts
10,268 battles
1 minute ago, illy said:

i'll persevere as i did some good damage today so i know i can compete, it's turning it all into a win that d=seems difficult

Damage helps, but it's not the only ingredient for success. Good use of your radar will help significantly. Try mixing up a few high tier games with more mid tier games in different ships in order to develop.

[AS13]
Players
2,463 posts
2,499 battles
15 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

*edit ALONE. I had literally no support and only reason they killed me was that fricking OP radar. 

Being unicum in this game while playing in 3 man platoon is like being a ok boxer, fighting vs cripples, yes you will beat them all.....

Well duh. When I play in a division we usually end up top 3 or at least in top half. Somehow that doesn't make me unicum.

It does - if I had a plenty good evening, the 'short time stats' will show it. But that will quickly disappear.

I see many unicums just good in harvesting potatoes, but there are SOME that are actually good. 

But I know many players that I think are at least as good, they just do not have a 'nose' for potatoes.

I'm sure though that if they play long enough, they'll become one.

A 'unicum div' is really not that often unicum. ANY div can reach unicum status. OK... most them.

And I know... because I had 'unicum' status in DDs... but I know I really really suck at them!

[PRAVD]
Players
1,118 posts
5,616 battles

I face problems playing my only tier 10 as well. No matter what I do, I can't get past 50% winrate. While I have good enough stats in the other USDDs I think. Sure, they could be better, but I'm not ashamed for them either. Gearing on the other hand... oh well.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
672 posts
10,268 battles
1 minute ago, Robber_Baron said:

I face problems playing my only tier 10 as well. No matter what I do, I can't get past 50% winrate. While I have good enough stats in the other USDDs I think. Sure, they could be better, but I'm not ashamed for them either. Gearing on the other hand... oh well.

You have to be above average to get past 50% win rate at TX playing solo. Good divisions have a big effect at that tier.

[PRAVD]
Players
1,118 posts
5,616 battles

I barely play solo anymore. Having one or two teammates where you can communicate with makes playing more fun and less stressful. I surely don't play solo at tier 10.

• Cool 1

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,561 battles
3 minutes ago, Robber_Baron said:

Well, Gearing is a victim of power creep, probably one of the worst victims. Newer and new TX DDs are all 100% better in every aspect. 

And like i said, before WG delete my comment - WR depends on you at about 2 - 3% rate maximum if you play solo. MM can do whatever it likes with you. 

Like i said, i had WR 65 - 66% after 120+ games on Yamato, MM decided F U and gave me so many crap teams i could not get 15 wins for mission for 3 days, even tho i was playing a lot and in 3 days my WR went from 66% to 56%, just like that. Did my "skills" change? No, MM decided i will lose and that's that.

Players
42 posts
3,292 battles
16 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Your not a very skilled player: https://wows-numbers.com/player/500518761,illy/

And dont listen to the guy who said that you cant influence the outcome of a battle often, that is straight up a lie, or he simply does not understand statistics.

i'm an average to good player, today i have often been in the top 3 on my team and as you can see my damage for today is purple...unicum? I am obviously doing something right but not turning that into a win which usually does need the help of some sort of a team or teamwork, yes i have atrocious games where i do something stupid but your isn't helpful at all mate...but thanks for the time.

Players
883 posts
245 battles
20 minutes ago, illy said:

i'm an average to good player, today i have often been in the top 3 on my team and as you can see my damage for today is purple...unicum? I am obviously doing something right but not turning that into a win which usually does need the help of some sort of a team or teamwork, yes i have atrocious games where i do something stupid but your isn't helpful at all mate...but thanks for the time.

You're clearly not doing meaningful damage then or are targetting ships that aren't either a threat at the moment or have minimal influence since that would help increase your winrate as you would then be targetting ships that need to die asap or early on which allows your team more breathing space.

Your recent stats do show good damage but horrible winrates which means you are most likely farming damage and not selecting and damaging targets that need to die. Your KDR is also pretty low recently meaning your not killing enough ships.

Remember even a 1hp ship poses enough of a threat as a full hp ship, always secure the kill and cap when you need to don't worry about doing damage if it makes you lose the game.

Also bare in mind this advice im not trying to be condecending in anyway (text's neutral tone doesn't help).

If you have replays enabled post them so people on here can see what you are doing wrong and where they can help as well as pointing out what you are doing right and how you can expand that.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
744 posts
2,912 battles
42 minutes ago, illy said:

Damage means nothing, as its far too easy to farm meaningless damage. Your overall winrate is at 51%, but if you check your stats, you will see that most of that win rate comes from playing lower tiers, which are more forgiving than high tiers. Your winrate in tier 9&10 is dreadful at 38% with a very low average damage of about 50k.

All in all id say you are a below-average player, and this is not me trying to be condescending or anything, this is me trying to be helpful.

During my first ~1000 battles, i thought i was really good, and anything bad that happened to me was obviously my teams fault, i never did anything wrong in my mind. I dont remember what set it off, i believe that i made some rage-post or something on the forums, but anyways, i realized that i was actually crap, which allowed me to finally stop blaming everything other than myself, and actually focus on my mistakes and learn the game. ~1200 battles later, and im actually rather proud of my stats: https://wows-numbers.com/player/503950473,thiextar/

I guess my point is: The first step to getting better, is to accept your own shortcomings.

Players
42 posts
3,292 battles
1 hour ago, CptBarney said:

You're clearly not doing meaningful damage then or are targetting ships that aren't either a threat at the moment or have minimal influence since that would help increase your winrate as you would then be targetting ships that need to die asap or early on which allows your team more breathing space.

Your recent stats do show good damage but horrible winrates which means you are most likely farming damage and not selecting and damaging targets that need to die. Your KDR is also pretty low recently meaning your not killing enough ships.

Remember even a 1hp ship poses enough of a threat as a full hp ship, always secure the kill and cap when you need to don't worry about doing damage if it makes you lose the game.

Also bare in mind this advice im not trying to be condecending in anyway (text's neutral tone doesn't help).

If you have replays enabled post them so people on here can see what you are doing wrong and where they can help as well as pointing out what you are doing right and how you can expand that.

i fully understand that, but this is a screenshot of my last game and has been fairly typical of at least today if not the last few days, i am trying to improve so that i can be an asset not just a hindrance to the team

wows.jpg