You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sukasaa

British Battleship Commanders.

36 comments in this topic

[TORPZ]
Players
117 posts
2,497 battles

I'm thinking to work on British BB line but not quite sure on which commander skills to take. =) 

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,037 battles

Priority Target, Adrenaline Rush, Superintendent, Concealment Expert, Fire Prevention, Expert Marksman, Expert Loader, High Alert or Jack of All Trades.

That's my Lion/Conqueror setup and taken in that order, although you can switch Adrenaline Rush and Expert Marksman. Takes advantage of both the concealment and the ability to use both types of ammo effectively.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
2,911 posts
7,772 battles
12 minutes ago, Sukasaa said:

I'm thinking to work on British BB line but not quite sure on which commander skills to take. =) 

Tank build all the way.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000100010100001000100000119

PT, EM, SI and CE as base.

After that id go for: AR, FP and BOS.

Works on most BBs.

Unsure about dropping BOS in favor of EL and some 2pt skill. Even with BB AP change, it seems more useful on cruisers to me.

• Cool 4

[TORPZ]
Players
117 posts
2,497 battles

I see, thanks guys should I use "Jack Dunkirk" for BB line? He has bonus something for Expert Marksman. ^^

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,911 posts
7,772 battles
9 minutes ago, Sukasaa said:

I see, thanks guys should I use "Jack Dunkirk" for BB line? He has bonus something for Expert Marksman. ^^

JDK works on both lines, BB and CL.

Ive got him on Minotaur (using JoT and smoke skills) and Bert (xactly the same as Jack) is grinding BB line using EM buff (have to amit the line is not my cup of tea, so I am lagging behind).

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
25 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Expert Loader

NO. There is not a single RN BB where this is a good choice. If you want to take EL take things like Expert Rear Gunner, Last Stand, Survivability Expert with it. They go together quite good. Especially the SE letting your teammates know what to expect from you

When it comes to BBs there are just 5 (!) cases in the whole game where EL is a good pick:

• 3x US special captains with improved EL (75% instead of 50% = 7.5s instead of 15s)
  • Scharnhorst
  • Republic with Reload / Legendary mod

Not even one more. If you need over 10s to swap amo - just fire whatever you already have and then swap for the next salvo

34 minutes ago, Sukasaa said:

Generally you want standard tank / concealment / fire prevention build like you'd run on most BBs.

You can go AA build is they have some good dps, but RN AA melts under HE spam quite quickly so... don't be surprised if even with full AA build a t8 CV can drop you jsut couple min into the battle

13 minutes ago, Sukasaa said:

Jack or Bert Dunkirk is the captain you want to end up on Lion / Conq because of the improved Jack Of All Trades they have. Swap either EM or AR for JoaT on those 2. Heals cooldown is so long you want something to make it shorter, and the 10% JoaT is great for that. Running the cooldown reduction signal is a nice addition on top of this.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,911 posts
7,772 battles

If repair is really as problematic on T9/10 the only choice would be dropping AR in favor of JoT. Dropping buffed EM is stupid, also BOS is very important... but i still feel that repair is managable on most BBs without JoT. Wont play too smart here since I do not own the ships...

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,037 battles
20 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

NO. There is not a single RN BB where this is a good choice. If you want to take EL take things like Expert Rear Gunner, Last Stand, Survivability Expert with it. They go together quite good. Especially the SE letting your teammates know what to expect from you

You didn't have to insult me, but you did. To this I can only answer this, I don't care about you or your opinion. People who act like you did are a cancer to this community.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,911 posts
7,772 battles
4 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

You didn't need to insult me, but you did. To this I can only answer this, I don't care about you or your opinion. People who act like you did are a cancer to this community.

Dont pay attention to stuff like that.

Happens all the times on this forums.

And dont go into insulting duels. Nobody ever wins. :)

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
20 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

If repair is really as problematic on T9/10 the only choice would be dropping AR in favor of JoT. Dropping buffed EM is stupid, also BOS is very important... but i still feel that repair is managable on most BBs without JoT. Wont play too smart here since I do not own the ships...

Lion and Conq have identical heals:

2% per sec (2.4% with the heal signal) for 20s, with a  120s cooldown on it.

120s = 2 full minutes. Plus the 20s that your heal is running. So from activating heal 1 to activating heal 2 at least 2 min 20s would go by.

As a comparison normal heal is 28s + 80s = 108s = 1min 48s, or 32s shorter circle

JoaT already takes 12s off of it (so 2:08 sum, 20s slower than normal), and then on top of that the November Foxtrot signal would take off another 5s (so 2:03 sum, 15s slower than normal)

Also remember that Conq doesn't have anything that passes for armour as far as HE is concerned and just 82k HP pool, so you really will need that heal

(normal non-Dunkirk JoaT would give you 2:14 sum, 26s slower and 2:08 sum, 20s slower respectively)

12 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

You didn't need to insult me, but you did. To this I can only answer this, I don't care about you or your opinion. People who act like you did are a cancer to this community.

That wasn't an insult, that's just a fact. EL is extremely stupid and useless pick outside of the 5 cases I mentioned. Especially if with that you push yourself into having to pick another 1p skill instead of going for something much more useful at 2p like JoaT

Why would you wait 14...15s to swap?

• To fire HE at a DD when AP is loaded? If he's still spotted and still in position to be fired at after all that time he has bigger problems than your salvo. Alternatively he's rushing you where you should get 2nd salvo off anyway, making the 1st swap just a waste of time. Hit him with AP, then hit it with HE.
  • To fire AP at a broadside cruiser when you have HE loaded? Either he won't be broadside to you those 15s + flight time later making it a waste of effort, or you can simply fire that HE salvo at something else and then hit him with AP the next time
  • To fire HE at a bow-on BB when you have AP loaded? AP his superstructure, then swap. sAP does a lot of dmg to SupStr anyway

Going past 10s on EL is pointless. As I already said:

29 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

just fire whatever you already have and then swap for the next salvo

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,911 posts
7,772 battles
28 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Lion and Conq have identical heals:

2% per sec (2.4% with the heal signal) for 20s, with a  120s cooldown on it.

120s = 2 full minutes. Plus the 20s that your heal is running. So from activating heal 1 to activating heal 2 at least 2 min 20s would go by.

As a comparison normal heal is 28s + 80s = 108s = 1min 48s, or 32s shorter circle

JoaT already takes 12s off of it (so 2:08 sum, 20s slower than normal), and then on top of that the November Foxtrot signal would take off another 5s (so 2:03 sum, 15s slower than normal)

Also remember that Conq doesn't have anything that passes for armour as far as HE is concerned and just 82k HP pool, so you really will need that heal

(normal non-Dunkirk JoaT would give you 2:14 sum, 26s slower and 2:08 sum, 20s slower respectively)

Thanks for the info.

Then the only option would be to spec AR into JoT.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,288 posts
18,734 battles

my bert on monq:

pm, el

jot, em, ar

si

fp, ce

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,054 posts
3,769 battles

I use Expert-Loader to great success. It sits on my Conqueror/Nelson/DoY/Hood/Warspite commander.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,911 posts
7,772 battles
10 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

my bert on monq:

pm, el

jot, em, ar

si

fp, ce

That is another good build. With BB AP change it only became more viable. Well worth considering taking JoT+EL over BOS while keeping AR.

Sometimes 19 pts just is not enough :)

• Cool 1

Players
2,474 posts
2,527 battles
8 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

I use Expert-Loader to great success. It sits on my Conqueror/Nelson/DoY/Hood/Warspite commander.

This is because most here forget the RN BBs switch at tier 6, from being solid sturdy good AP ships

to unarmoured pressure cookers (or something) slinging HE (personally I like the pre-T7 best, + Hood).

Note: I think some of them have sat too much spamming HE from backline in their Conqueror to forget this. 

Somewehere along the grind a re-spec would be good - and maybe a second re-spec if you share a captain with something.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

Seriously people, EL is just a waste. If you want it - take it as your only 1p skill instead of the usual PT / PM. But don't spec into it after that, you are just wasting your points for no good reason. That amo swap takes too long, that makes it completely pointless. You are always better off just firing whatever you have and then swapping for the next salvo

• Cool 3

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,037 battles
5 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Seriously people, EL is just a waste.

the-dude.jpg

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
15 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

the-dude.jpg

I've given you arguments why it's useless garbage. How about you give me some arguments why it's actually "useful"? Of course, you kinda can't bcuz it's not, but you could at least try, right?

Players
2,474 posts
2,527 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Seriously people, EL is just a waste. If you want it - take it as your only 1p skill instead of the usual PT / PM. But don't spec into it after that, you are just wasting your points for no good reason. That amo swap takes too long, that makes it completely pointless. You are always better off just firing whatever you have and then swapping for the next salvo

The only ship that I can think of where it is usefull is a BB like King Grog: Massive difference between AP/HE performance. 

Just that the AP is so crud (combined with T9 MM)... only used it for shooting broadside cruisers... and then there's usually plenty time.

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,091 posts
8,476 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I've given you arguments why it's useless garbage. How about you give me some arguments why it's actually "useful"? Of course, you kinda can't bcuz it's not, but you could at least try, right?

Because Conqueror has the best penetration AP below 18km and the short fuse time of the british AP means its also the best cruiser killer (less overpens).

But you know... lol fire, lets shoot only HE, derp.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,474 posts
2,527 battles
1 hour ago, kfa said:

Because Conqueror has the best penetration AP below 18km and the short fuse time of the british AP means its also the best cruiser killer (less overpens).

To me, that means you actually proved him RIGHT... I dunno, but why would you then choose AP, ever? 

That means you might as well leave HE on all the time, no need to EVER use Expert Loader... :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[NOCAP]
Players
1,512 posts
15,430 battles
1 hour ago, kfa said:

Not only that. You get easily 25k on a GK who happily shows broadside because you are a conq and you never load AP. :Smile_trollface:

I like expert loader, even with 13 seconds reload it's worth it. You need to turn your guns / pass the island anyway before you get to shoot. And I don't use fire prevention, I prefer to let the heal do that job. PT PM EL, JoaT EM AR, BoS SI, CE.

• Cool 2

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,091 posts
8,476 battles
52 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

To me, that means you actually proved him RIGHT... I dunno, but why would you then choose AP, ever? 

That means you might as well leave HE on all the time, no need to EVER use Expert Loader... :Smile_facepalm:

We no speak americano?

Lets make it simpler:

he said no expert loader bad prove it

i said yes expert loader proved it

clear?

• Boring 1

Players
2,474 posts
2,527 battles
1 hour ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Not only that. You get easily 25k on a GK who happily shows broadside because you are a conq and you never load AP. :Smile_trollface:

I like expert loader, even with 13 seconds reload it's worth it. You need to turn your guns / pass the island anyway before you get to shoot. And I don't use fire prevention, I prefer to let the heal do that job. PT PM EL, JoaT EM AR, BoS SI, CE.

Duh. I just shot a Currywurst for 19K using Monarch. 

Didn't use Expert loader, just turned bow-in... as there was no island. 

He gave me plenty of time --> THAT is where you are right, probably he thinks RN BBs do not shoot AP.

I don't use FP either (he shot AP anyway hahaha) as I never had more than 2 fires except on Colorado.

Oh and on King Grog the Filth but that doesn't count it's made of wood.

shot-18_12.01_23_02.45-0424.thumb.jpg.bc985ca75da06818cad517421fcd1d95.jpg

Players
2,474 posts
2,527 battles
51 minutes ago, kfa said:

We no speak americano?

Yes you do not speak Americano indeed, you talks Jibberish me thinks. 

You proved HIM right, by stating the HE is veryveryvery good and nobody changes to AP anyway.

How does that prove your point?