Sign in to follow this  
XxX_9_1_1

How to fix dispersion

13 comments in this topic

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,397 posts
5,436 battles

You can't, they are generally terrible across the board. Only on the higher tiers does the dispersion get slightly better.

[SSA]
Players
696 posts
16,832 battles
9 hours ago, ollonborre said:

You can't, they are generally terrible across the board. Only on the higher tiers does the dispersion get slightly better.

Make no mistake, low tier bbs are still very strong if you know what you're doing,

but yeh, their dispersion is pretty garbage.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,014 posts
24,165 battles
On 12/1/2018 at 9:58 AM, XxX_9_1_1 said:

How can i fix dispersion on lower tier battleships?

If the dispersion were better, they would be too strong especially when veterans come down and play.

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
5,010 battles

Hi all. My approach to the poor BB dispersion is to fire a single gun, which will offer direction and distance information, then fire the remaining guns as a salvo, after adjusting your aim.

The salvo seems to centre better on the target.

Hope this helps. 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,833 posts
6,919 battles
7 hours ago, Dogma_3 said:

My approach to the poor BB dispersion is to fire a single gun, which will...

give away that you are firing at that ship so if eh has at least half a braincell he'll just dodge the rest or at least be angled against you so that your shells do minimal dmg

offer direction and distance information

Turn "alternate interface" to "full" in your settings. 1st salvo hits with correct aim are a normal thing in this game.

The salvo seems to centre better on the target.

Emphasis on "seems". It actually doesn't. But you confirm that it does because you want it to do so. That's called confirmation bias.

Players
1,392 posts
10,354 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, wilkatis_LV sagte:

give away that you are firing at that ship so if eh has at least half a braincell he'll just dodge the rest or at least be angled against you so that your shells do minimal dmg

My experience is it can be very helpful, especially with cruiser players waiting for the BB to open fire to start the dodge.

Then you know which way they turn; in fact they are in the turn, which is one of the easiest shots to take.

So you can then quickly adjust your aim and give them all the other turrets.

[TEA]
Players
957 posts
4,264 battles
On 12/1/2018 at 8:58 AM, XxX_9_1_1 said:

How can i fix dispersion on lower tier battleships?

What tier are you using? There is an anti dispersion upgrade that goes on slot 3: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades#Aiming_Systems_Modification.C2.A01

[POI--]
Players
4,316 posts
5,395 battles
On 12/1/2018 at 10:51 AM, ollonborre said:

Myogi?

Players
1,440 posts
7,013 battles
On 12/2/2018 at 1:38 PM, Gnirf said:

If the dispersion were better, they would be too strong especially when veterans come down and play.

Yes, besides that until Tier VII we did not start to see really competent cruisers. In tier V and VI the cruisers are very weak as to have to fight battleships with laser precision.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,014 posts
24,165 battles

If you have the Nikolai (like I do) , you know why other BBs have less accurate guns at low tier.

Sign in to follow this