Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BARRYBASH

How come it seems i always get the rubbish team?

51 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[H-M-S]
Players
5 posts
9,413 battles

Can anyone tell me why it seems i get more battles with player's that have no idea what they are doing in this game.

Even player's at tier 10?

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
651 posts
9,594 battles

No matter how I put this, I’m going to sound like a [edited] at the start. Are you sure you’re not also part of the problem?

 

Stats aren’t a full proof indicator but by yours, you’re not exactly stellar of a player. That being said, there is a consistent trend in improvement in your PR and Experience . So I’m probably being harsh and no doubt sounding like an elietest %#^*.

 

As to your actual question, that’s just the way this game is. You will always have more average/bad players on your team rather than the few very good and above who can carry a team to victory. 

 

My only advice is to keep watching tutorials. Keep reading and learning the game mechanics and finally learn the strengths and weakness of not only the ships you play but the ones you don’t.

 

Then you’ll become a player who even when given a bad team can be that player that can carry a poor team to a win.

 

Its taken me until the last 3000 games to really learn and get the best out of my play. As to starts I just pissed about firing my guns at any and everything. After hours of watching others, tutorials, relearning lines and all 3 major classes, I feel I’ve now got to a point where I can carry even the worst teams, sometimes. Playing in a division also helps. Join a clan with like minded people and you’ll also learn more from them and get better. I know my current NWP clan members have helped my skill level and likewise I helped players in my previous clan WWGU improve theirs.

 

All I can say I good luck and wish you well in getting to the level you want.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H-M-S]
Players
5 posts
9,413 battles

I do understand how the ships play how to angle away etc when i first started i was terrible now i am in a clan and have been for 2 years just about i am learning more every day and at some point i would love to be a great player i guess only time will tell.

I will continue to play this game i have got 120 ships at the moment i have got some good player's in the clan i am in and we are doing training together which is helping.

Thanks for your reply.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
479 posts
4,337 battles

inb4 trolls and threadlock- it's the time of day, and events that make it worse. If you avoid those, things get a little better.  Regardless of the trolls' opinions, yes this game has attracted a lot of window lickers and gotten stale for a lot of vets and the vets have taken breaks because of it.  Stay in a division.   try not to solo in RBs.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
504 posts

Just had a battle where the enemy CV was very good, we all died very quickly.

The thing is, ours was also a good player  just not as good.

I was in the Tirpitz against a Midway so it was expected.

 

Hopefully the rework will not have the CV  being the win or loss of the match

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
135 posts
3,993 battles
4 hours ago, BARRYBASH said:

Can anyone tell me why it seems i get more battles with player's that have no idea what they are doing in this game.

Even player's at tier 10?

 

You can improve the teams by being a good player yourself. On a basic level you can try waiting to see what your team mates are shooting then focus fire it rather than relying on them focus firing whatever you're shooting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles
4 hours ago, BARRYBASH said:

Even player's at tier 10?

 

The game has been out for long enough that every garbage player who can fail his way to T10 has failed his way to T10.

Besides, T10 economy isn't nearly punishing enough with all the camos and flags WG is throwing around. They've even acknowledged that recently but don't want to do anything about it.

 

Ironically the only class that has a decent economy system are CVs (which is also why people like to say that CVs have a bad economy). You either do all the jobs you're meant to do or you get :etc_swear: all rewards.

For everyone else just egoistically farming damage will suffice regardless of whether you play for the win or not.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PONY]
[PONY]
Beta Tester
4,426 posts
7,434 battles
4 hours ago, BARRYBASH said:

Can anyone tell me why it seems i get more battles with player's that have no idea what they are doing in this game.

Even player's at tier 10?

I guess thats just the problem that most humans have, they remember bad things that happend much more and longer then the good things. With other words, perhaps a player (or more then one) in the opponent team, thinks exactly the same for the exactly same match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRON7]
Players
691 posts
512 battles
4 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Then you’ll become a player who even when given a bad team can be that player that can carry a poor team to a win.

 

You know yourself, Bear, that those types of players are rare.

This is a team game, bottom line, so whatever team plays better together gets the win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
673 posts
3,877 battles

Ship happens.  I also had a bad week as in losing more games than winning them. You will see it will fluctuate from time to time. You will have losing streaks and you will have winning streaks. In the end it will at least even out to your own skill. 

Just hang in there and try to improve your own game every match. That is the only thing you have control of. If you feel comfortable try to use chat and find that one or two teammates that have a clue what they are doing and work together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRON7]
Players
691 posts
512 battles
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

The game has been out for long enough that every garbage player who can fail his way to T10 has failed his way to T10.

Another truism from El2azer.


3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

only class that has a decent economy system are CVs

not for long (unfortunately) as the bulldozer of the CV rework will manage to wreak a whole lot of current play.


8 hours ago, BARRYBASH said:

Can anyone tell me why it seems i get more battles with player's that have no idea what they are doing in this game

Sure.

#1) WG, apparently make one team up & then tries to match the first team. It is suspected that the first team made up is slightly favoured skill -wise.

#2) Amazing targeting resolutions where one's well aimed volleys surprisingly miss more that they hit

#3) Amazing targeting resolutions where enemies well aimed volleys surprisingly hit more than they miss.

(simply a co-incidence that both #2 & #3 happen together? I think not)

& all it takes is for the two biggest idiots to be on the same team & die first for the tsunami to hit.

or too many of the one team play like coward campers

simply amazing how often there's a dichotomy between a good set of random players & a bad set of random players

Again, WG MM is making up the teams so make your own conclusion.

* only one way to improve an individual WR (other than to learn to play well yourself) is to division as much as possible - that does help - w good div mate(s).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THROW]
Players
577 posts
21,146 battles

Very simple. You are an extremely bad player. No point sugar coating it. The only constant in games is you. Harsh but true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
651 posts
9,594 battles
1 hour ago, antean said:

You know yourself, Bear, that those types of players are rare.

This is a team game, bottom line, so whatever team plays better together gets the win.

Sometimes I'm an optimist. Though I get your point. Rather team work than have to always try carry. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[M_OB]
Players
432 posts
3,940 battles

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Theres no randomness in the MM no matter what WG will claim. Theres no logical reason why the winrate is never balanced. You either win every game you play that day or you lose every game you play that day. Often those periods come in streaks of days.

My first 2000ish games I had an almost 60% winrate and I felt like I won so many games where I was far from a deciding factor. Simply put, I was almost always put in the better team.

Now however, and atleast the past month or so. Ive more or less always, every day, any tier, any class, ALWAYS been put in the worse team. Sometimes I manage to hardcore carry the team to victory, sometimes its impossible. All my stats are going up, my PR, average damage, average xp etc, but my winrate is dropping like a stone. And once again, no matter what tier or class.

 

Simply put, I had a higher than I should WR, most likely to get me hooked on the game at first. And then now its balancing out until I get to around 50ish % winrate again.

 

Theres no randomness, its 100% rigged from the start. And thats alright I guess, but they couldve done it smoother.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[D-ODW]
Players
152 posts
20,763 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Theres no randomness in the MM no matter what WG will claim. Theres no logical reason why the winrate is never balanced. You either win every game you play that day or you lose every game you play that day. Often those periods come in streaks of days.

My first 2000ish games I had an almost 60% winrate and I felt like I won so many games where I was far from a deciding factor. Simply put, I was almost always put in the better team.

Now however, and atleast the past month or so. Ive more or less always, every day, any tier, any class, ALWAYS been put in the worse team. Sometimes I manage to hardcore carry the team to victory, sometimes its impossible. All my stats are going up, my PR, average damage, average xp etc, but my winrate is dropping like a stone. And once again, no matter what tier or class.

 

Simply put, I had a higher than I should WR, most likely to get me hooked on the game at first. And then now its balancing out until I get to around 50ish % winrate again.

 

Theres no randomness, its 100% rigged from the start. And thats alright I guess, but they couldve done it smoother.

 

No nono you got it all wrong Wargaming inc. is a cover op to bring down the price of bananas in Costa Rica.... those Belarus scoundrels have discovered the awesome taste of those and got a swet tooth....... now i have to go ill keep you updated

bro stay cheeky breeky oki?

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGHF]
Players
673 posts
11,797 battles

@BARRYBASH, looking at your stats, improvement is needed, comes with learning, not so great my self, but 2 key points I can see.

 

1/ you seem better in DD & CA, so make those your main game play.

2/ stick to mid tier till you fully master the ships you have, rather than getting to top tier in the least amount of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[M_OB]
Players
432 posts
3,940 battles
28 minutes ago, Lukewehr said:

 

No nono you got it all wrong Wargaming inc. is a cover op to bring down the price of bananas in Costa Rica.... those Belarus scoundrels have discovered the awesome taste of those and got a swet tooth....... now i have to go ill keep you updated

bro stay cheeky breeky oki?

Its hilarious with you *edit who doesnt think any company one earth apparently does anything out of economic interests and is always 100% true to its customers. You really need to do a reality check. Or is it that you just enjoy arguing with people and making them upset by acting like a 3 year old?

 

 

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx
Inappropriate remarks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[D-ODW]
Players
152 posts
20,763 battles

Of course its much more logic and grown upto think that they are tracking down your stats ( and other 30k more?) and implement all sort of algorithms just to make sure you dont get get too confident with the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,160 posts
25 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

Its hilarious with you *edit who doesnt think any company one earth apparently does anything out of economic interests and is always 100% true to its customers. You really need to do a reality check. Or is it that you just enjoy arguing with people and making them upset by acting like a 3 year old?

 

 

I don't understand the financial motivation for them to rig the MM in the way you're claiming, it's irrational at best and paranoid tin-foil-hattery in reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[M_OB]
Players
432 posts
3,940 battles

No ofcourse you dont realize it. People who win a lot are more inclined to stay with the game and therefor spend more money into the game. But ofcourse you cant do that with everyone, because then everyone would win all the time. Someone has to lose. Aka, people who dont spend money anyway or people who already has a very high winrate.

 

But feel free to try to explain why my stats look the way they are. Try to explain why I have unicum stats in everything but when it comes to winrate its all red in the past month or more. You know I had a sub 10% winrate the past 2 weeks just a while ago.

It doesnt matter what I do currently I just keep losing, I get absolutely demolished, run over, game after game after game. I can play tier 3 it doesnt matter, I can play tier 10 it doesnt matter. I can play BBs, DDs, CAs or CLs it doesnt matter. My entire team just vaporizes within minutes of the game starting. There is NO WAY it can be me not playing correctly. Especially not when Im top on my team 90% of the games I play. I can be top on my team with 20k damage done.

And its not a losing streak, its not a few days, its been going on for more than a month now. I have absolutely no desire to renew my premium sub in 14 weeks when it goes out. Why would I want to pay money to continously be angry at a completely hopeless situation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,342 posts
7,746 battles

I've learned to look at internet pvp games not as battle of skill, but battle of ineptitude. The ones with more of it wins defeat

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×