Sign in to follow this  
artistar

Can somebody elucidate me as to why I now have 3 ships which I haven't bought, in my port?

9 comments in this topic

Players
31 posts
13,914 battles

Can somebody elucidate me as to why I now have 3 ships which I haven't bought, in my port? Having just gone on to my PC and behold, there's a Yamato, Gearing and Hindenburg, all without Captains, waiting in my port. Is there some challenge awaiting us, which I've missed reading about?

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,037 posts
7,439 battles
6 minutes ago, artistar said:

there's a Yamato, Gearing and Hindenburg,

Those are clan battle rental ships. You got them after playing a random battle with any T8-10 ship:

Spoiler

Tier X Rented Ships

When the season kicks off, any player who plays a Random or Clan Battle with a Tier VIII–X ship will be given a set of three special Tier X ships for their temporary use: Japanese battleship Yamato, German cruiser Hindenburg, and U.S. destroyer Gearing. On December 14, these ships will be replaced by German battleship Großer Kurfürst, Japanese cruiser Zao, and Soviet destroyer Grozovoi. The third trio of warships—U.S. battleship Montana, Soviet cruiser Moskva and Japanese destroyer Shimakaze—will arrive in your Ports on January 4.

Source: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/clan-battles-north/#cvc-ships

Players
31 posts
13,914 battles
1 minute ago, WolfGewehr said:

Those are clan battle rental ships. You got them after playing a random battle with any T8-10 ship:

Reveal hidden contents

Tier X Rented Ships

When the season kicks off, any player who plays a Random or Clan Battle with a Tier VIII–X ship will be given a set of three special Tier X ships for their temporary use: Japanese battleship Yamato, German cruiser Hindenburg, and U.S. destroyer Gearing. On December 14, these ships will be replaced by German battleship Großer Kurfürst, Japanese cruiser Zao, and Soviet destroyer Grozovoi. The third trio of warships—U.S. battleship Montana, Soviet cruiser Moskva and Japanese destroyer Shimakaze—will arrive in your Ports on January 4.

Source: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/clan-battles-north/#cvc-ships

So they're not usable unless I hire them...…….?

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,037 posts
7,439 battles
6 minutes ago, artistar said:

So they're not usable unless I hire them...…….?

Ööh, wut? No, their name just is "rental ships" as they are rented to you to be used in clan battles. They are temporary ships, once the clan battles season is over they are taken away.

• Cool 1

Players
1,392 posts
10,416 battles

You can not only use them in Clan Battles but also in Training Rooms.

They have Premium status inasmuch as you can put any Captain from the respective nation on them without retraining.

Any upgrades you put on them you must pay for but the upgrades will be demounted free of the usual 25 doubloon charge when the rental ships are removed. (So you can then either sell them from your inventory or use them on other ships.)

The rental ships will be changed twice over the course of the Clan Battle season.

Details:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/clan-battles-north/#cvc-ships

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Players
369 posts
5,233 battles
On 11/30/2018 at 11:26 PM, artistar said:

Can somebody elucidate me as to why I now have 3 ships which I haven't bought, in my port? Having just gone on to my PC and behold, there's a Yamato, Gearing and Hindenburg, all without Captains, waiting in my port. Is there some challenge awaiting us, which I've missed reading about?

How can u have 11,362 battles and not know this..

Sign in to follow this