You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

December’s Combat Missions - Discussion Thread

37 comments in this topic

[BITAM]
[BITAM]
Players
42 posts
20,542 battles

shot-18_12.07_12_11.22-0557.thumb.jpg.99693963bb9ec8d41508763e74a574d2.jpgshot-18_12.07_12_11.14-0840.thumb.jpg.bbf60aa5e13b3a7669bcc737bddc80a4.jpgshot-18_12.07_12_11.22-0557.thumb.jpg.99693963bb9ec8d41508763e74a574d2.jpgΒασιλικό Ναυτικό  FINISH 12 DEC Έχω 47 GUINEAS +1  ΑΥΤΟΚΙΝΗΤΟ 48 COSSACK ΕΧΕΙ 50 NICE WG ΕΥΧΑΡΙΣΤΙΕΣ ΟΛΟΚΛΗΡΩΣΤΕ ΟΛΕΣ ΤΙΣ ΑΠΟΣΤΟΛΕΣ ΟΧΙ ΣΚΑΦΟΣ  

shot-18.12.07_12.11.26-0708.jpg

shot-18.12.07_12.11.24-0768.jpg

[BOATY]
Players
696 posts
10,131 battles

As someone who plays wows 2-4 hours after work I still do not want to choose between CB and Dreadnought / daily missions. 

Both events are limited in tight schedule, so make the daily missions work in CB. We know that CB gives fixed amount of base exp but it requires also a certain dedication so I think this change is justified. 

• Cool 3

Players
34 posts
3,674 battles

Are these articles ever going to give the correct requirements for the missions in the daily mission chains?

I wish they only required 250, 500, 1000 base exp for the first chain and 1100, 1200, 1300 base exp for the second chain as the article states. I could do that in 9 or 10 battles most days, but as you have to win and earn 1000 base exp for the final stage of the first chain and win and earn 1100, 1200, or 1300 base exp for all of missions in the second chain it can take a lot, lot longer to complete the second chain when losing battles doesn't get you any progress.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
649 posts
6,870 battles

I'm specifically and ultimately pissed about the concept of the Dreadnought mission, and more so the concept that this ship can only be obtained either through a GIANT pay-wall (bundle with useless T8 Vanguard) or an enormous level of in-game activity.

The few things to mention why I believe what WG does here is unfair:

1. Doing 40 out of the 62 daily missions means the following considering the two extreme strategies:

----> either do EACH AND EVERY DAY in December (31) the "simple" mission chain, that is the basic one, what only needs 250XP, 500XP and through WINs 1000XP accumulated, and do 9 days the difficult one that requires a lot of WINs

----> do both mission chains for 20 days, so 2/3rd of the month you have to play a lot of hours.

None of these expectations are reasonable for many WoWs players.

2. Considering the Dreadnought is a COLLECTOR item, the characteristic of the players who wants are collectors to have it more probably than not as a "Port Queen". These people are not necessarily known as the heavy time dedicated players.... ...and only some of the may be considered wallet warriors who are capable of throwing huge amount of money for a T3 ship.

3. The fact that Clan Battles are EXCLUDED from the daily mission chains means (as somebody stated in a prior post) that this activity CAN NOT be merged with Clan activity - that is another slap in the face.

Overall: I haven't seen WG so greedy for a long time than with this ship.

Insanity on top level.

Thanks WG the nice Xmas...

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Players
6,745 posts
Vor 47 Minuten, it3llig3nc3 sagte:

2. Considering the Dreadnought is a COLLECTOR item, the characteristic of the players who wants are collectors to have it more probably than not as a "Port Queen". These people are not necessarily known as the heavy time dedicated players.... ...and only some of the may be considered wallet warriors who are capable of throwing huge amount of money for a T3 ship.

I prefer that WG decided to use such a "hard" marathon for a ship that is only a collector item rather than for a "better/serious" ship like the PEF...

[BOATY]
Players
696 posts
10,131 battles
21 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

I prefer that WG decided to use such a "hard" marathon for a ship that is only a collector item rather than for a "better/serious" ship like the PEF...

Well, compared to Indianapolis marathon this is a walk in the park... However, you need to have time. 

Beta Tester
649 posts
6,870 battles
1 hour ago, Klopirat said:

Well, in my mind there are two points here:

1. If the grind is "hard" or not. The point for me here is that it requires game activity 1-2 hours every day throughout a month or even more activity on 20 days at least... The difficulty in all this is the RNG of your win/loss balance. Having to play the game that frequent is not a given to many people who has work, school and family, friends.

2. Other problem is that while Dreadnought does have a SIGNIFICANT HISTORICAL VALUE, it's in-game representation being Tier 3 does not make it a very strong ship that many players wants to play. Therefore the only reason to grind it is to make it a Port Queen. ...and for this the expected grind is huge.

1 hour ago, Episparh said:

Well, compared to Indianapolis marathon this is a walk in the park... However, you need to have time. 

Honestly I can't remember the requirement to get the Indianapolis, but let's not forget that while it is not the best ship in the game and in its tier, Indianapolis is a Tier 7 ship and besides its Historical Significance, playing her in game can be a reasonable choice in certain situations...

Overall - I just hope in 1 year time when the "hype" is over WG will release Dreadnought as a normal premium to buy, as I won't be investing neither money nor time to get her under current circumstances.

Players
309 posts
12,255 battles

The Indianapolis Marathon was less time consuming than this series of missions. Most of the Indianapolis tasks could be finished within two or three matches and each individual task was always available for more than a single day. The tasks could also be completed in Ranked Battles and they became available in pairs, so you could work on two at once. Twenty-one tasks were required to obtain Indianapolis. If we assume that each task took three matches to complete and ignore the possibility of completing two tasks at once, we arrive at a figure of 63 battles required within the 45 days of the Marathon to obtain Indianapolis. That's 1.4 battles per day. Dreadnought's forty mission chains demand at least three matches each and there's only 31 days to complete them in. That's a minimum of 120 battles for a 100% WR player, or 4 battles per day!

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,079 posts
3,840 battles

To put it in perspective, these were the requirements to get the Varyag (T3 Russian cruiser, with a more famous career than Dreadnought (a ship that has rammed a submarine, but apart from that was notable for always being in port/docks when the major battles unfolded)).

All to be done in T5+ ships, PvP or PvE.

• win 10 battles (14 days time)
  • earn 2M credits (14 days time)
  • earn 1000 ribbons (14 days time)

final reward: 1 supercontainer

• win 5 battles (7 days time)
  • do 65k damage in a victorious battle (7 days time)
  • earn 20k XP (after modifiers were applied) (7 days time)
  • sink 2 ships in a victorious battle (7 days time). 

The only time-gating applied was that you had to do the first mission set in 2 weeks, and the 2nd mission set in 1 week. If you completed one stage, you could directly proceed with the next mission.

By comparison, this Dreadnought marathon is WAY more grindy for less rewards, due to the artificial braking with "only 2 missions per day".

Players
34 posts
3,674 battles

Getting 40 out of 62 is becoming a real chore already. I've already selfishly started just suicidally charging the enemy team to get battles over in 5 minutes rather then actually trying for 10-20 minutes and losing. It's a dickhead move I know but I've given up caring.

It's also currently stopped me buying sovereigns to get Cossack. It might only be ~£1 I have to spend to get the Cossack but the length of time that grind took combined with this new grind has just sapped all my goodwill.

Beta Tester
649 posts
6,870 battles

Thanks for 300ConfirmedKills and MrFingers for collecting all the information from the past - after all this, it is even more evident that the Dreadnought mission chain is clearly leveraging the believed "excitement factor" of the ship, but it is not in par with past efforts related to similar "free" prize ships.

The fact that the forum members have so sharp collective memory makes me happy - knowing that our community is still strong and can evaluate situations objectively.

On the other hand WG's attitude on this matter makes me even more sad... ...but that's life.

[-RDE-]
Players
12 posts
9,738 battles

Noticed the tech tree discounts but they seem to disable the Clan Base discount. Is that correct? We have 15% on tech tree ships, but not showing at the moment.