Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Camouflage Design Contest - Błyskawica [RESULTS] - Discussion Thread

19 comments in this topic

Modder
112 posts
5,783 battles

Congratulations to Pecztery1337, well done!

(And thank you to everyone who voted for my entry :fish_cute_2:)

• Cool 2

[ROHAN]
Players
6 posts

Witless wonders giving an angular German Eagle to a Polish ship.... My Bitchawitcha is sooo heppeeeh NOT !

Mark my words - If the Polish veterans of the Western front could have voted they would have voted on the 303 or something that had real Polish iconography.  

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[T-N-T]
Players
2,144 posts
10,210 battles

Hmm, that's an incredibly close competition between the designs. A couple dozen or hundred votes while each gets over 27 thousand. Congrats to winner(s).

• Cool 1

Players
74 posts
963 battles

Congratulations to winners.
Unfortunelly for few winning projects have nothing to do with WW2 immersion.

But you all guys who participate have a future waiting in truck lorry decoration business....

• Funny 1

[LT-NF]
[LT-NF]
Players
2 posts
7,640 battles

iam not agree with this stupid conest because all camos was taken from twiter many players could not put theyr camos for SUBMIT error i see many good camos 1month ago *edited* forgot to check forum camos 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,354 posts
11,267 battles
On 11/30/2018 at 11:17 AM, Myszauke said:

But you all guys who participate have a future waiting in truck lorry decoration business....

Seriously, mate. I neither participated nor even voted, but you should take this condescending tone of yours and shove it up your stern so deep that the engine gets lubricated with it :Smile_sceptic:

But more seriously: Błyskawica comes by default with a very neat camo. It's one of the best permanent camos, really - it doesn't look forced, it's neat to look at, it's pretty realistic: it's a perfect camo for "WW2 immersion". To put it bluntly: people who like their ships with realistic paintjob already have one of the best camos in the game for this ship - what would be the point of making a second camo of exactly the same kind? It would just be redundant. Almost everyone who would appreciate a realistic camo is satisfied already with what they have - it's the "fancy camo lovers" that had to put up with the realistic option (as there was no alternative). I won't say that there would be nobody who'd appreciate a slightly different than the default realistic option - but mostly it would just be catering to audience that's already satisfied. It's bound to make less people happy than giving something to those that so far lacked (for this ship) something suiting their tastes.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
87 posts
6,569 battles
On 11/30/2018 at 11:17 AM, Myszauke said:

Dude, seriously?  You play a game where radar and hydro can see through islands and rocks, and where Soviet ships have better radar technology than the UK and US, and when one ship spotting the enemy allows all allied forces to fire accurately at that ship, and where torpedo tubes get reloaded in about a minute, and you complain about lack of WW2 immersion in a fun competition camo pattern????  LOL, mate, maybe if you took your condescending head out of your butt you would see the game has nothing to do with realism. Fortunately nobody is forcing you to use this camo, you can use the original one. 

12 hours ago, eliastion said:

But more seriously: Błyskawica comes by default with a very neat camo. It's one of the best permanent camos, really - it doesn't look forced, it's neat to look at, it's pretty realistic: .

Originally she was light-grey, then when she was based in the UK she got the Admiralty Light Disruptive camo in 1941, then Admiralty Dark Disruptive, but if they were used in the game, she would look too much like some British destroyers for my liking.  The camo you're mentioning is the one she received in 2012 so in this way it is 100% realistic.

Below is a picture of her right after the paint job.  By the way, check out the gorgeous Dar Pomorza to her port. One of the most beautiful tall ships in the world these days. 

Kamuflaż, czyli na tropach BÅyskawicy

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
87 posts
6,569 battles
12 hours ago, eliastion said:

what would be the point of making a second camo of exactly the same kind? It would just be redundant.

You nailed it, mate. But I don't think you'll convince him. 

[GD]
Beta Tester
62 posts
5,989 battles

First of all: congrats!

Also, interesting to see many people complaining about anime and fantasy camos and yet the majority voted for a.... fantasy camo :P

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
87 posts
6,569 battles

All contest participants will receive early access to the in-game mission chain to earn the winning camouflage

(https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/pole-position/)

Guys, has any of you received that in-game mission to unlock the winning camo? The way I understood this was that anyone participating in the vote would get the mission. So far, I haven't got it. What do you have to do to get this mission?

[T-N-T]
Players
2,144 posts
10,210 battles
1 hour ago, callumwaw said:

(https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/pole-position/)

Guys, has any of you received that in-game mission to unlock the winning camo? The way I understood this was that anyone participating in the vote would get the mission. So far, I haven't got it. What do you have to do to get this mission?

When hey announce the mission to get the camo, participants will have acces to the mission earlier. They haven't announced the mission. So there is still nothing you can get early access to.

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
87 posts
6,569 battles

OK, I got confused by this: 

"All prizes will be credited by 7 Dec.".   I thought that, seeing as the mission was the prize for voting,  we would get the mission on 7 Dec. :) 

Thanks for clarifying this. 

[T-N-T]
Players
2,144 posts
10,210 battles
3 hours ago, callumwaw said:

OK, I got confused by this: 

"All prizes will be credited by 7 Dec.".   I thought that, seeing as the mission was the prize for voting,  we would get the mission on 7 Dec. :) 

Thanks for clarifying this. 

Hmm, I might be wrong, but I believe only those who participated in the contest, AKA the guys submitting camos, get the early access to the in game mission.

And no, the prizes are the actual ship prizes the winners (and random dudes for the random prizes) get from WG.

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
87 posts
6,569 battles

Ahh, I guess we'll have to wait & see.  I really wish they gave everybody who voted a chance to get that camo, it's pretty nifty. But what I would like even more is for the Blyska to get some love & attention, it's been power-creeped to hell. 

[T-N-T]
Players
2,144 posts
10,210 battles
20 minutes ago, callumwaw said:

Ahh, I guess we'll have to wait & see.  I really wish they gave everybody who voted a chance to get that camo, it's pretty nifty. But what I would like even more is for the Blyska to get some love & attention, it's been power-creeped to hell. 

Oh don't worry, they well give every player the chance to get the camo. It just depends on when.

• Cool 1