10 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,622 posts
3,224 battles

fdc0419c-f2f9-11e8-9212-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

Captains! 

Public Test servers for update 0.7.12 are open from 29th November 17:30 CET (UTC +1)! More information about Public Test can be found here

All information about changes in update 0.7.12 can be found in our Developer Bulletin article.

Please leave particular comments in dedicated threads:

World of Warships Premium Account

Collection Belle Époque

"Mighty Prinz" Campaign

"Steel Monsters" Campaign

Snowflakes

Map changes to Okinawa

Arsenal Dubloon additions

Others

and

Bug reports

Leave your comments regarding 0.7.12 Public Test in this thread.

Action Stations!

Players
2 posts
1,397 battles

When I want to register for the test the website gives a world of tanks picture with the words: 'website is currently unavailable due to maintenance works'. Is this normal and not a bit odd when testing is supposed to have started?

?game=wows

[ARCH]
Players
7 posts
6,118 battles

You could lower the price for special upgrades, everything is on massive discount except for them. I would like to test some different builds, and those upgrades would fit nicely.
edit:

Why we can not use republique, it is the only t10 ship which cannot be obtained for steel, and has a ridiculous price of 500.000 fxp.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,586 posts
2,397 battles
On 12/2/2018 at 11:59 AM, Wulius said:

You could lower the price for special upgrades, everything is on massive discount except for them. I would like to test some different builds, and those upgrades would fit nicely.
edit:

Why we can not use republique, it is the only t10 ship which cannot be obtained for steel, and has a ridiculous price of 500.000 fxp.

Please be aware that the test server is for testing out features, not for testing ships or upgrades. :)

Players
7 posts
19,816 battles

Good Morning MrConway and CO...

I dont know where should I write this, so while this PTS session was also about some ship balancing ( FdG ) I will write it here.:

As you can see from my stats, I am ( so to say ) BB main, and I am enjoing especialy hightier BBs. I was one of the first who wanted the "105mm 1/4 pen buff" for the FdG and I am very pleassed, that you ( WG ) heard it and implemented it in the PTS to test. It helped... But not that way, that many players will be able to use it to perform with the ship better. 

FdG is ship, that is really strong in brawling thx this change, but the problem is to reach the brawling range. The owerall armorscheme is very vulnerable to eat tons of normal penetration DMG while closing the distance. Yes, thats nothink new. Problem is, if you reach the brawling range with too low HPs, you will have big problems to survive the brawl itself...

Which means, many not so agresive players will be still scared to close the distance so much.

If you reach the "browling distance" ( sorry for not explaining it earlier - distance, where you can efectively use your secondaries - at about 9 and less km ) you can do well. In my case, thx IFHE skill the 105s are able to efective pen 33mm of armor, which means they are melting the avg T8+ BBs very quickly ( IJN, US, FR, RN - with mostly 32mm of plating all around. Yes, US have some 38mm parts - but the 150s can do dmg there aswell ).  Problem was ( on PTS ) with only 15p cpt, I was not able to use AFT skill to make the range of them to full efect, which slightly distorts the test of the perfomance of the ship.

But thats the close quarter fight problematic. At T8+ BB, you simply need "some" value of your main guns. And their accuracy is just terrible at any range abow 12km. I had DesMoines appeared about 13km from me. First salvo was 1 citadel hit plus some pens with about 18k dmg done. Than he realised whats going on and tried to disangage. I managed to fire 4 more salvos, with avg 5-8k each. Sorry, Thats not performance of T9 BB. Any other BB would do more reliable salvos at him. You can cut down the reload even at 20s base, but if the guns are unable to hit the right parts of the target, they are useless.

I had some games on PTS, where my secondaries ( yes, IFHE ) did more rohr dmg than main guns. And we are talking about close combat mostly. ( it wa like 50k main guns, 55k secondaries and about 30+ k fires ) I can find the screenshots later, cause I am making evidence for myself of this.

And so I am comming to my biggest question of this my thread.: There was about 4-5 months ago some formular going on some forum page, which I fullfiled, to become a supertester.

With my experiences and enough time and wish to test everythink, I could be usefull for you. But there was no answer about it. So I dont know, how is it going on, or if you just lost my fullfiled formular or ...

Maybe, and I will be very thankfull for that, you will once more review it and can give me a definitive answer, if I am allowed to become an ST or not.

But back to FdG problem. Even with this main gun reload buff and secondary buff for the 105s, the ship will be still pretty unefective at lets say mid ranges. Its German 2-gun turret design ship.

And 2-gun turret ships has all very big problem with accuracy ( even for Princ Eitel Friedrich you chaged it back from 1,9 sigma to 2.0 ) Plss, give all the GER BBs with 2-gun turret design atleast 1,9 sigma.

The basic dispersion elipse  - ok, its German, let be it as it is, but if the shells are landing in that elipse, lets have atleast some chance, that more than 1 is able to hit just the part where you are aiming.

I am still talking about 13-16km distances. 

Btw, I think, that this and the owerall 1/4 pen for all 105s will not be balance changing for all the GER BBs. Gneisenau - 6 guns at T7, with A-hull with 105s - This part of love for her would be very pleasingly. 

Scharnhorst - One year ago, it was OK-ish ship. Nowadays, the main guns ( especialy after the "pro-DD BB AP nerf" ) are even less efective. ( not to mention, that they vere designed as L54,5 with 3,5 round / minute fireing ratio unlike the L52 on Admiral Graf Spee - 3 rd/ minute )  

Bismarck and Tirpitz at T8 - their accuracy  - plss, 1.9 sigma and 1/4 pen for the 105s also. 

You made some changes in T8 MM, but these ships are still fighting against T10s more than 50% of the time spend on the sea, so plss...

... uff, thats a lot of text 

Hopefully atleast somethink of that can be usefull, I will be very pleased, if I will get some answers, especialy about the ST program and the FdG.

You are going to implenet the changes next patch, so would be nice to have FdG in state, that is more player friendly even for not so agresive players like me...

Thank you and bye.

[WAZ]
Players
24 posts
1,398 battles

For both rounds 1 and 2:

Missions indeed visible:

• In both rounds: "Play one Random or Co-op Battle".

Missions that weren't visible, yet were announced:

• In either rounds: "Complete the first Directive of the "In the Name of His Highness!" event".
  • In either rounds: "Complete the entire "Belle Époque" collection".
  • In 1st round: "Finish the "Mighty Prinz" campaign".
  • In 1st round: "Achieve Rank 1 in the Ranked Battles Sprint in which battles are played in 5 vs 5 format".
  • In 2nd round: "Achieve Rank 1 in the Ranked Battles Sprint in which battles are played in 7 vs 7 format".
  • In 2nd round: "Finish the "Mighty Prinz" and "Steel Monsters" campaigns".

I ended up limiting my activity to the visible mission(s) only.

Could you please consider code-naming the missions on-page? Something like "Blue Beetle", "Red Tiger", etc., to ease reference.

- KitCat

• Cool 1

[TRRC]
Players
527 posts

Hi there,any news on rewards fro 7.12? usually few days after released they're available. But, who knows... holidays time....:Smile_coin: