Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Varian_Dorn

Upcoming changes to Okinawa - a hearty thank you to the devs

7 comments in this topic

Players
182 posts
8,147 battles

As the title says:

Upon reading up about the upcoming changes and additions for the next update I hereby wanna thank the dev team in advance not only but mostly for the changes to the Okinawa map. While I'm sure that some, shall we say, "careful" players will find a way to mess up on new Okinawa as well as they do now on it's current Version the changes finally make the map a bit accessible in terms of strategy and tactics. By moving some of the landmasses into B and C caps there finally will be no excuses left for "careful" players to cruise all the way up north.

I'm looking forward to that new update!

P.S.: By "careful" players I really mean "braindead cowards". There, I said it.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
4,322 posts
6,214 battles

Players play stupid because they are stupid - not because of the map. Since there is very little change at A, i believe not much will change in that regard :cap_old:

Imo it makes it even easier, now that the big island is gone, which made it harder to hit stuff behind that. Now its more open water for the campers behind A :Smile_sad:

• Funny 1

Players
182 posts
8,147 battles

The new Okinawa map will make it more appealing to go for C and especially B. Even I think twice about if and how I can engage B and C on the current Okinawa layout.

[AS13]
Players
2,458 posts
2,499 battles
1 hour ago, ZoidFile said:

This will probably work as well as the battleship forbidden signs on north.

I thought that meant 'camp here and shoot', might be wrong though (but usually looks like I'm right).

WOWS could fix these kinds of problems, by killing the current 'caps' system which promotes camping.

Instead of a sort of pre-defined place in the sea, the cap should be a convoy of ships,

or at least be something you'd have to defend (like a harbour or airport or whatever) and that can get shot up.

So you'd not only have to kill/hunt the attackers, but also throw yourself in front or whatever. 

It would put an end to camping, also the 'convoy' would be a good opportunity for DDs. 

Sign in to follow this