0.7.12 PTS - Bug reports

29 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,623 posts
3,224 battles

Captains,

Please share all bugs encountered in the public test of version 0.7.12 below, using the following template:

1. Description

Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.
Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result

In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

5. Technical details

Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

[B0TS]
Players
1 post
17,525 battles

1. Description - Ship names on map in co-op battle
2. Reproduction steps - Clicked option in map options - nothing appears
3. Result - Ship names do not appear on the map
4. Expected result - Ship names to appear on the map
5. Technical details - 2018 Dec 01 at 13:20 CET

• Cool 1

[A-TOM]
Beta Tester
75 posts
5,646 battles

shot-18_12.09_14_50.11-0804.thumb.jpg.547d970587712aaa86bcb61769f9e103.jpg

Today after playing for some time i found out, that I cannot spec captains, research modules, equip researched ones, equip upgrades, camouflages, signals, flags, research ships etc. Always for the same reason like at the screenshot above (bottom right corner). After I restarted the game, I could do it for a while so I prepared one ship with commander and entered battle. After it I could not do anythinmg again.

[A-TOM]
Beta Tester
75 posts
5,646 battles
On 11/30/2018 at 3:54 PM, WarToffel said:

Animation of container opening freeze

shot-18.11.30_15.49.41-0686.jpg

shot-18.11.30_15.49.50-0160.jpg

I had similar problem yesterday, but it happened just after I went to the Containers screen, "Open contaiener" was grey and I could do nothing wxcept closing the game. "Escape" did not work either. The error did not appear again.

[X-10]
[X-10]
Players
13 posts
13,423 battles

many bug : cut server, appareance don t work

• Funny 1

Beta Tester, Players
12 posts
6,538 battles

spent on 6 months of cross account premium then 3 days, the 3 days cancelled the 6 months

Beta Tester, Players
12 posts
6,538 battles
On 12/9/2018 at 2:22 PM, Sznyper said:

I had similar problem yesterday, but it happened just after I went to the Containers screen, "Open contaiener" was grey and I could do nothing wxcept closing the game. "Escape" did not work either. The error did not appear again.

I had this problem on live server, I think it was something to do with connections/twitch/discord 'I know nothi

ng'  ~Discord makes your spelling wonky as it has a key log running FYI (presumably to log in first) U can tell this guy has it running for instance and hasn't proof read before posting as they are an accurate typer under normal conditions, please please don't go on deck without permission Petty Officer o7

Alpha Tester
19 posts
2,096 battles
On 11/29/2018 at 1:51 PM, YabbaCoe said:

Again the same bug report as I did to support....

1. Description

Mouse does not work in game.

2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
1, Selected settings 

2.Changer resolution to full screen  and changed resolution to 4k from FHD

3. Result

Mouse does not work any more until you use keyboard and restart the game.

4. Expected result

Mouse should work.

5. Technical details

Looks like mouse is still in old resolution mode... and pointer is at different location than it shows ingame.

Best Regards

[FIFO]
[FIFO]
Beta Tester
9 posts
9,683 battles

unable to move ship tried rebinding keys still unable to move all other functions working 

Players
2,475 posts
14,599 battles
10 minutes ago, bugs1963 said:

unable to move ship tried rebinding keys still unable to move all other functions working 

I have the same problem.  Everything else seems to work: consumables, guns, torpedoes.

This was in the Nickolas.  Oddly, during the load screen in coop all ships were mirrored, accept for mine which was match with Podvoisky.

I tried a different ship, same key issue.

[NUNC]
Players
30 posts
15,485 battles
1 hour ago, bugs1963 said:

Same error, tried resetting to default, changing the keys at random

The move forward key doesn't respond, no matter what I change it to

What I do notice:

when I reset to default, both the "move forward"-key and "turn hard left"-key are set to void (NULL).  So I'm guessing that void state overwrites any changes that you make to those 2 settings.  When I change those 2 keys, they do show ingame on the ship controls, but they never respond to their respective keys.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,139 posts
4,418 battles

Every [edited]single time WG is changing something to the controls, players with AZERTY keyboards can't play.

AND YOU DID IT AGAIN !!

Seriously WG !! Another time, impossible to use Z or Q to control my ship or planes. And rebinding does nothing ...

And that's not the only bug :

- planes are doing funky moves if you launch them close to the map border

- slowing down planes is using boost (the bar goes down on left side of the screen) !?

- the DB aim indicator is not moving at constant speed : sometimes it just stops advancing, or slows down and you can put it on target ...

[PORT]
Modder
1,555 posts
11,401 battles
2 minutes ago, NoirLotus said:

- slowing down lanes is using boost (the bar goes down on left side of the screen) !?

To be fair, this was also the case the last time, I don't think that is a bug.

Anyone knows how do I get the 500k-XP for a Tier 10 ship? I saw some in battle, but cannot figure out which mission is required to get it? :fish_nerv:

[NUNC]
Players
30 posts
15,485 battles
7 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

Anyone knows how do I get the 500k-XP for a Tier 10 ship? I saw some in battle, but cannot figure out which mission is required to get it? :fish_nerv:

Try looking  in the Arsenal, for 20kk credits I think it was

• Cool 1

[PORT]
Modder
1,555 posts
11,401 battles
3 minutes ago, fobgrvt said:

Try looking  in the Arsenal, for 20kk credits I think it was

Ah, thankyou very much. Last times the arsenal was not working on the PTS, so I didn't look there. :Smile_honoring:

[B0TS]
Players
354 posts
9,306 battles

I've had a lot of crashes attempting to play carriers:

Battle loading screen - start button does not appear - game frozen

Game start - ships/etc do not display correctly - you can't really see anything and you can't control anything

In game - display crashes the display freezes on the planes and you are unable to control anything again. All you can see is AA effects.

Beta Tester
8 posts
10,399 battles

Hello,

IMPORTANT - this cannot go live if this is possible during a match - CV becomes next to useless!

EDIT: happened again at 11:00 approx. again with haku.

So far enjoying the CV rework, much improved over beta, good work!

Encountered a nasty problem with HAKURYU in a co-op battle:

1. Description - After losing a squadron of planes, returned to ship but nothing would launch any more.  Torpers were not ready, but nothing else would launch when selected or double-clicked, happened immadiately after squadron died and I pressed "F", at about 8 mins into battle. Map: Sea of Fortune.

2. Reproduction steps - Fairly obvious - just playing CV as normal, not had this problem on any other ships IJN or US.

3. Result - CV is almost useless, though I did manage to steer into a cap and take it :)

4. Expected result - continue using "unlimited" planes - all are on deck according to UI, just cannot launch any.

5. Technical details - 2018 Dec 28 at 09:30 CET approx.

Cheers,

Major o7

Edited by Major_Look_Silly
Repeated issue with same bug.

[B0TS]
Players
354 posts
9,306 battles

image.thumb.png.d8242bfd982b5454dbfbe15a7118864d.png

I'm unable to play in coop. 12 games now and only 4 have worked. Main bug I get is this one. I've now had to close the game so many times I have no chance of playing random battles due to 'unsporting conduct' meaning 32 games in coop which I can't play either due to this bug.