Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ImperialAdmiral

Too many events/activities.

29 comments in this topic

Players
1,069 posts
5,716 battles

It is very hard to properly balance ammount of events in a game like WoWs. Too less and people will get bored and say they don't have anything to do.

But don't you think WG took it too extreme as of lately? There is still the Cossack event running, Halloween event, Clan battles, CV testing. There is Prinz Eitel Friedrich event, 2 campaigns, snowflake event and Ranked sprint announced.

Who even has time to properly cover all of it when they are working? Like ranked sprint in the time when clan battles are running is pretty much pointless. I know there are people that do not play CB but still WG have some moderation.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
4,397 posts
6,249 battles

Ye... its been too much for a while now.

Also make all missions available for CBs aswell. That would make it a little bit easier too.

• Cool 2

Players
1,069 posts
5,716 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Also make all missions available for CBs aswell. That would make it a little bit easier too.

Yeah, like it would be at least somehow bearable if you could complete them in CB. Some you can like credit ones. So it is even more frustrating when after CB session you have to play more random/co-op just to finish those that aren't progressing in CB.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

I dont see why they are the ones that need "moderation", be an adult and play as much as you can or care, ignore the rest?

Or alternatively, develop your own game so you can put as many or as little events as you please.

• Cool 1

Players
1,069 posts
5,716 battles
1 minute ago, Juanx said:

I dont see why they are the ones that need "moderation", be an adult and play as much as you can or care, ignore the rest?

What if I like all of them but don't have to time to participate in them?

It is also choosing bettween being selfish (solo event) and community member (playing CB). It would be better if I didn't have to make such choices.

6 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Or alternatively, develop your own game so you can put as many or as little events as you please.

Great advice. I'm starting right now ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[-AP-]
Players
752 posts
2,918 battles
7 minutes ago, Juanx said:

I dont get these types of answers. Sure, i dont have to play all the events, but thats not what this thread is about....

This thread is about us giving wargaming feedback, telling them "You can do this better"

Your line of thought will never lead anywhere

• Cool 3

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
8 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

I have to agree on this one. The game started to feel like Factorio, without Factroio...

Nope...

[ADRIA]
Players
402 posts
11,238 battles

I have no issue with amount of activities to do in game. I say the more the merrier. :Smile_child:

Weekend Tester
874 posts
4,687 battles
25 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Nope...

Well i mean... Depends...

There's always something to do and that's fun. But recently i just feel a bit burned out when i'm just playing to grind.

In my case it might just be that i get no benefit from most of these missions and Uny is in its closing stages, which is a bit stressful.

But the new Freddy(Tier 6) missions are definitely something i'm looking forward to, because it's something that i will actually use for a change.

[KAKE]
Players
1,051 posts
3,382 battles

Yeah, it's getting to be a bit too much. Especially since everything is T5+, so there's never a good time to play those lines stuck at T3-4.

Dunno. We'll see how grindy the New Year's campaigns are, but I'll probably just give it a rest and pick up the game again over New Year.

Supertester
374 posts
3,427 battles

Here's an idea, do what you can and don't put pressure on yourself to complete everything? I mean, look at it this way, there are many options, do what you really want and feel like you will have a good time with. GG EZ. 

• Cool 1

Players
912 posts
245 battles

i see what you mean, i just personally don't bother trying with missions anymore (not after stressing about the T25 pilot mission) i'd rather have too much content than too little because there might be a chance i will go back to it later or do it later and enjoy it.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,058 posts
3,798 battles

"For to the one who grinds, more will be given, and he will have a fun and engaging experience, but from the one who has spent time with his family, even what he has will be powercrept."  

(The Book of WarGaming, EU Version, SerB 8:2)

• Funny 4

[-GOD-]
Players
131 posts
13,506 battles

I agree to a certain extend. Yes, this is feedback for the designers. I love the quality of the events, but there's so many things going on that it becomes generic noise and clutter to me. I lose focus and interest for the events. Which is a shame because the events are pretty cool in itself. The sheer amount of collectables confuses me and as a result I block most of it. I still collect a crazy amount of stuff. But without any effort, excitement or interest on my end. That's a real shame.

• Cool 2

Players
853 posts
8,524 battles

Sorry I disagree. Noone forces you to play everything 100%. So what you can't do it all? You can choose what you want to play and how much time you want to invest in it. 

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,343 posts
4,214 battles
1 hour ago, Uglesett said:

Especially since everything is T5+, so there's never a good time to play those lines stuck at T3-4.

You can't really get stuck at tier IV. You can advance to tier 5 in literally handfull of games.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,051 posts
3,382 battles
2 minutes ago, Blixies said:

You can't really get stuck at tier IV. You can advance to tier 5 in literally handfull of games.

Yes, and there's always some T5+ bs going on that means I don't play that handful of games.

When I'm done with the crap that requires T5+ ships, most of the time I've already played a handful of games more than I really felt like playing.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,343 posts
4,214 battles
1 minute ago, Uglesett said:

Yes, and there's always some T5+ bs going on that means I don't play that handful of games.

When I'm done with the crap that requires T5+ ships, most of the time I've already played a handful of games more than I really felt like playing.

Well I guess if you are realy tight on time... But come on, slap some signals / camo on and you do it extremely fast.
Or use few thousang free XP.

Of all the time sinks in this game, reaching tier 5 is one of the smaller ones.

[KAKE]
Players
1,051 posts
3,382 battles
1 minute ago, Blixies said:

Well I guess if you are realy tight on time... But come on, slap some signals / camo on and you do it extremely fast.
Or use few thousang free XP.

Free exp is for getting the freemium ships.

Of all the time sinks in this game, reaching tier 5 is one of the smaller ones.

I'm not saying it's a time sink. It's the events requiring T5+ ships that's the time sink. What do you think this topic is about?

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts
3 hours ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

It is very hard to properly balance ammount of events in a game like WoWs. Too less and people will get bored and say they don't have anything to do.

But don't you think WG took it too extreme as of lately? There is still the Cossack event running, Halloween event, Clan battles, CV testing. There is Prinz Eitel Friedrich event, 2 campaigns, snowflake event and Ranked sprint announced.

Who even has time to properly cover all of it when they are working? Like ranked sprint in the time when clan battles are running is pretty much pointless. I know there are people that do not play CB but still WG have some moderation.

CB as well as Ranked are hardly an "event"... At the moment we have only RN DDs event. Halloween Twilight Battles are separate battle mode - same as the Arms Race. CV testing is CV testing, has nothing to do with main client and is being conducted in separate game instance - dedicated to testing CVs.. Same with PTS. You are mixing too many things.

Sprint doesn't really impact CBs, since it requires few battles to finish and CB are here to stay till January...

Only thing I can agree here is that WG mistakes game for an occupation and taking part in both CB, Ranked (Crazy Edition - mind you, not sprint) and various events requires indeed lot of time. This issue had been raised before though.

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,199 battles

There is still the Cossack event running, Halloween event, Clan battles, CV testing. There is Prinz Eitel Friedrich event, 2 campaigns, snowflake event and Ranked sprint announced.

Who even has time to properly cover all of it when they are working?

And imagine tomorrow starts the 10-day campaing to get su130PM in WOT too.:Smile_trollface:

[0031]
Beta Tester
341 posts

the more the merrier

Players
1,069 posts
5,716 battles
17 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

CB as well as Ranked are hardly an "event"... At the moment we have only RN DDs event. Halloween Twilight Battles are separate battle mode - same as the Arms Race. CV testing is CV testing, has nothing to do with main client and is being conducted in separate game instance - dedicated to testing CVs.. Same with PTS. You are mixing too many things.

Sprint doesn't really impact CBs, since it requires few battles to finish and CB are here to stay till January...

Only thing I can agree here is that WG mistakes game for an occupation and taking part in both CB, Ranked (Crazy Edition - mind you, not sprint) and various events requires indeed lot of time. This issue had been raised before though.

That's why it says events/activities for lack of a better word. In general overpacking of stuff sourounding World of Warships.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,718 posts
9,928 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

But but but, CBs is all about winning as a team and nothing else, so if people could compelte individual missions they could potentionally jeopardize their clan's victory by doing something selfish to get a mission done, that's why no one should even think about allowing CBs to count for mission progress on principle alone!*

*Actual argument having been regurgitated by people when the same suggestion had been made during the last CB season.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this