You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mannen33

Matchmaking, another fail from failgaming.

13 comments in this topic

Question

12 answers to this question

[IRON7]
Players
692 posts
512 battles

The MM, Mannen33, is 'fixed', has been 'fixed' & will always be 'fixed' according to WG & is working as intended (as 'fixed').

Modder
4,002 posts
7,198 battles
8 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Where's the problem?

Yeah... Secondary-build-Massachusetts shreds through almost every enemy ship he could face in this battle. And as a lowtier that would bring alot of credits and XP.

Good secondary play = getting high damage number without actually doing something!

Maybe he is afraid of the Midway?

[SV]
Players
10 posts
2,507 battles

i won that battle, but having to face t10 allmost 9 out 11 matches is just plain ridiculousness. All t10 are mountain campers and trying tog et into secondary range is suicide vs a yamato for example. 

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
431 posts
7,941 battles

I'm not sure what MM you expect at 1am to be honest.

There is also MM protection in place so you cant be bottom tier more than 4 or 5 in a row, something like that.

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
506 posts
3,084 battles

While I don’t agree with the way OP shows the problem, I do agree with the problem.

I hoped they’d fix this issue. Seeing tier 10s in a tier 8 isn’t a problem, but matches like these are. 

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,661 posts

The recent matchmaking fix will not prevent such battles.

It will only very slightly change how often you are placed in tier X battles. Maybe by two or three percent. So if you were placed in such battles 60 % of the time before the fix, it might now be 57 %. That's barely noticable as a difference to the individual player yet it is a clear improvement in the statistics.

Even those improvements only work as long as the playerbase is large enough. Late night battles, with their limited player pool, can easily unbalance everything and lead to very weird situations. That's not the fault of the matchmaker.

Beta Tester
1,012 posts
7,433 battles

@Mannen33, there is a simple solution to your problem, You do have only 2 options, if you dont want to quit the game.

The problem of matchmaking in hightiers ist consistent in every WG game, WoT, WoPl, WoWs, whatsoever. It even was worse than it is now, believe it or not.

Option 1: get used to it and fight, even if you are the one and only lonesome T8 in a TX battle. Go out and try harder and take as many as possible with you till you go down inevitably

Option 2: stop playing T8 - TX, or reduce it to a level, where you dont lose your mind.

I chose option 2, decreased the nubmer of T8-T10 ships down to my premiums and 2 o3 TX and increased the number of T6 and T7 in harbour.

Dont have problems with good T6 ships vs T8

And T7 is a very sweet spot in matchmaking. Good ships and I rather have a T7 vs T9 then a T8 vs TX. Last is definitely worst.

Whatever you do, stop complaining. Thats useless ... really. I am in with WG since 2013 ... never changes.

You decide ... good luck mate :Smile_Default: :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[SV]
Players
10 posts
2,507 battles
2 hours ago, The_Pillager said:

@Mannen33, there is a simple solution to your problem, You do have only 2 options, if you dont want to quit the game.

The problem of matchmaking in hightiers ist consistent in every WG game, WoT, WoPl, WoWs, whatsoever. It even was worse than it is now, believe it or not.

Option 1: get used to it and fight, even if you are the one and only lonesome T8 in a TX battle. Go out and try harder and take as many as possible with you till you go down inevitably

Option 2: stop playing T8 - TX, or reduce it to a level, where you dont lose your mind.

I chose option 2, decreased the nubmer of T8-T10 ships down to my premiums and 2 o3 TX and increased the number of T6 and T7 in harbour.

Dont have problems with good T6 ships vs T8

And T7 is a very sweet spot in matchmaking. Good ships and I rather have a T7 vs T9 then a T8 vs TX. Last is definitely worst.

Whatever you do, stop complaining. Thats useless ... really. I am in with WG since 2013 ... never changes.

You decide ... good luck mate :Smile_Default: :Smile_honoring:

thanks man ill just do that. thanks all for respons.