Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_fun_police

clan battles

170 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
77 posts
10,230 battles

it was a fun season of clan battles glad its over already, i can get back to my real life, i found a stalingrad wall, im going for a drink

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
978 posts
7,802 battles

toldyouso.thumb.jpg.5331aacb56f6653bd57138fd41abe237.jpg 

 

But comrade, no one will play Stalingrad in CB's, Moskva is better, da? 

All I can say is; 

We told you so

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
77 posts
10,230 battles
4 minutes ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

toldyouso.thumb.jpg.5331aacb56f6653bd57138fd41abe237.jpg 

 

But comrade, no one will play Stalingrad in CB's, Moskva is better, da? 

All I can say is; 

We told you so

haven't seen one all day

Inkedshot-18.11.28_19.48.49-0129_LI.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RO-RN]
Players
374 posts
5,583 battles

yep there are still people calling this ship being not OP. yep they nerfed yueyang into oblivion because everyone was using it in cw or most of the time. but stalingrad? no it is a premium so it wont get nerfed. this is the obj 907 of wows ladies and gentlemans. 

also why would you but bourgone, akuma or any upcoming t10 steel ship when stalingrad exists? of course you would buy if it was more op than stalingrad but will that happen? i do not thing so!

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,561 posts
13,440 battles

Funny that everyone that have the Staingrad says its fine. But still use often more than two of them a game. Funny how biased ppl are. 

 

And WG. Told you so

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OM]
[OM]
Players
484 posts
11,145 battles

Why isnt Stalin okay?
 

She get outdpmed by nearly any cruiser, she has a citadel, she has good ap, but you can angle vs ap, movska got the same radar.

 

Where is she op apart from the fact that she is played by the Superunicums for 90% of the times and therefore shine.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
978 posts
7,802 battles
3 minutes ago, gR3iF said:

Why isnt Stalin okay?
 

She get outdpmed by nearly any cruiser, she has a citadel, she has good ap, but you can angle vs ap, movska got the same radar.

 

Where is she op apart from the fact that she is played by the Superunicums for 90% of the times and therefore shine.

She can broadside far more than a Moskva without getting citadeled, she gets a free long range radar on a battleship platform, her HE dpm and fire chance is massive for a ship of her caliber, she reloads almost as fast as a Zao. She has the highest potential hit pool of any tier ten cruiser and finally, her AP laughs at the game mechanics. You have 25mm bow and stern armour that is supposed to autobounce me? Lol nope I go through it anyway because I have Des Moines normalization on 305mm 1000 m/s shells. 

 

She's f*****g OP.  I don't care what way you want to slice it, she is. And I am sick and tired of people who own her telling everyone she's fine because they don't want her changed so they can roflstomp on everyone else. 

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AAO]
Supertester
109 posts
7,031 battles

It is the first day of CB where everyone plays against everyone, that means you can more reliably be matched against top clans. Chances are, you would have lost those games anyway with a very small margin for error. Calm down, as we get deeper into the season, teams will all Stalingrad compositions should become less and less frequent.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OM]
[OM]
Players
484 posts
11,145 battles
3 minutes ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

She can broadside far more than a Moskva without getting citadeled, she gets a free long range radar on a battleship platform, her HE dpm and fire chance is massive for a ship of her caliber, she reloads almost as fast as a Zao. She has the highest potential hit pool of any tier ten cruiser and finally, her AP laughs at the game mechanics. You have 25mm bow and stern armour that is supposed to autobounce me? Lol nope I go through it anyway because I have Des Moines normalization on 305mm 1000 m/s shells. 

 

She's f*****g OP.  I don't care what way you want to slice it, she is. And I am sick and tired of people who own her telling everyone she's fine because they don't want her changed so they can roflstomp on everyone else. 

 

 

You want to rent her? And see how you perform? 

I didnt even talked about getting outspotted by a yamato, but hey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
978 posts
7,802 battles
1 minute ago, FireRM said:

It is the first day of CB where everyone plays against everyone, that means you can more reliably be matched against top clans. Chances are, you would have lost those games anyway with a very small margin for error. Calm down, as we get deeper into the season, teams will all Stalingrad compositions should become less and less frequent.

 

Is that why you fielded five of them? 

Why did you if they're so weak? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AAO]
Supertester
109 posts
7,031 battles
1 minute ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Is that why you fielded five of them? 

Why did you if they're so weak? 

Did you quote the wrong post by accident? I didn't say she is weak, my argument was something completely different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
978 posts
7,802 battles
Just now, FireRM said:

Did you quote the wrong post by accident? I didn't say she is weak, my argument was something completely different.

No, but like I said, if they're so bad and so 'balanced' according to every top clan, why did we see them fielding 5+ of the things today? The other issue is we probably will not see less of them, as first off, Typhoon level clans will inevitably fight Hurricane clans who will of course have them. And secondly; people will eventually earn steel through this season - their numbers will only increase. 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
978 posts
7,802 battles
Just now, gR3iF said:

I hope you get one, I wish you do.

Nope. I have no interest in something that in my hands would merrily curbstomp every poor sod I came across. 

Besides she's ugly. And a Russian wet dream fantasy. She's just not interesting. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AAO]
Supertester
109 posts
7,031 battles
Just now, Reaper_JackGBR said:

No, but like I said, if they're so bad and so 'balanced' according to every top clan, why did we see them fielding 5+ of the things today? The other issue is we probably will not see less of them, as first off, Typhoon level clans will inevitably fight Hurricane clans who will of course have them. And secondly; people will eventually earn steel through this season - their numbers will only increase

 

It is a vast generalisation that "according to every top clan" Stalingrad is fine, one which I couldn't possibly comment on.

What I am saying is that in every game that I have played today where people were complaining about the Stalingrad, I saw serious tactical mistakes and a series of misplays that contributed to the loss of the enemy team far more than the Stalingrad. My argument is, that these games were lost by the team not because of Stalingrad, but because the players themselves made poor decisions.

As for people being able to earn more and more steel, I agree, but this is a separate discussion that we need to have, not that WG will change their minds on the matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RAIN]
[RAIN]
Players
1,523 posts
9,166 battles

Oh crap 7 Stalin won a CW game, must be the perfect line up. We need to check this out closer.

494872060879699968.png?v=1
 

Spoiler

kidding ofc...

 

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
4,114 posts
7,848 battles

I should probably not mention that we "only" ran two Balancegrads, but supported that with two equally balanced Worcesters, right? :Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AAO]
[AAO]
Players
50 posts
11,080 battles
4 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Came to the forum as soon as the session was over for some Stalingrad=OP thread.

Was not disappointed. :Smile_veryhappy:

Wanna guess why we fielded a Stalingrad lineup? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
978 posts
7,802 battles
1 minute ago, FireRM said:

 

It is a vast generalisation that "according to every top clan" Stalingrad is fine, one which I couldn't possibly comment on.

What I am saying is that in every game that I have played today where people were complaining about the Stalingrad, I saw serious tactical mistakes and a series of misplays that contributed to the loss of the enemy team far more than the Stalingrad. My argument is, that these games were lost by the team not because of Stalingrad, but because the players themselves made poor decisions.

As for people being able to earn more and more steel, I agree, but this is a separate discussion that we need to have, not that WG will change their minds on the matter.

Again my experience was the opposite. 

Every game we had without Stalingrads we won by virtue of outplaying the enemy. Every game against Stalingrads was lost without much ability for us to do anything about it no matter what tactics were tried; against competent players using them and using islands for cover/concealment you simply cannot kill them fast enough when there are more than one of them. Add to that their own massive damage output and circumventing the only one BB rule (and yes they are BB's, their gun calibre is above the threshold for what was changed to BB AP vs DD's.) We will be tweaking some things tomorrow to see if it deals with them any better. 

 

It's worth noting that the one game we had where only one Stalin was present was close, but with three or more was just impossible to do anything meaningful against them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[10GO]
Players
14 posts
10,092 battles

that evidence

 

Its surely the ship and not the skill level the guys with access to stalingrad have.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×