Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrWastee

teamplay is op

9 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,290 posts
18,742 battles

.... it is! with this simple fact one already could ask the thread to get closed lol :Smile_trollface::Smile_hiding:....

BUT....

.... the questions in this regard are:

- what u consider good teamplay?

- what u think determines a good team?

this thread is meant to give teams/clans hints from others on how to improve the own play by checking others ways out.

to me (in short):

i consider good teamplay to support each other in action, communication and situational awareness.

- what u think determines a good team?

imo a good team is about the "WE". a good team allows single players to fail. a good team in this sense carries each other, as next time someone else might gonna fail and ideally is relatively on the same skill level. a good team knows what to realistically expect from its single members.

and last but not least: a good team not calls each other out!

reliancy, trust, forgiveness.... and a laugh with a smile on the hardest edit*, next is gonna be better!..... that's a good team to me :Smile_honoring:.

anyone else?

Players
4,085 posts
6,258 battles

I rather ask myself the following question constantly: Why is atleast 80% of the playerbase playing like total egomanics? In randoms, most people dont care about stacking DoT, helping each other etc, even tho its the best tool to help yourself and help you win more.

But since you ask:

3 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

this thread is meant to give teams/clans hints from others on how to improve the own play by checking others ways out.

Id say a good start is to try and put yourself in the position of the other classes around you as often as you can. Like when you are a DD, ask yourself "what does my Cruiser need right now? Or what might my BB be concerned about right now?"

Some sort of that basic question can be asked from the perspective of every class. BB: "which target is the most harmful for my DD? or for my Crusier? Which should I target to help them out?"

• Cool 3

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
513 posts
3,108 battles

It is always nice that when you have to push and get focus fired that someone else takes over after awhile, so that you can go blind. This can be a battleship who takes over the lead, a cruiser that tanks/zigzag or a DD who does some wiggling.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,944 posts
14,412 battles
4 hours ago, MrWastee said:

to me (in short):

A good team consists of players that:

1. want to win and play as if they want to win
  2. support the other players on their team to the best of their abilities
  3. know that winning > experience gained by doing solo damage

It also helps if there is at least a marginal amount of tactical knowledge present in some of the players.

Too bad that the number of times that I encountered "teams" in this game in random battles is close to about only 1% of the battles I did...

And yes, I am guilty of "not playing for the team" often myself... usually when I see ships with not smoke coming from them smokestacks (or whatever they are called) after 2 minutes in the game or acute cases of utterly tactical idioty like Lemmingitis on the maps where it will only lead to desaster or people managing to ram/shoot at each other within the first 2 minutes of the game or.. or... or...

Taking a look at the minmap and the chat for the first 2 minutes of the game usually allows for a very secure opinion to be made if you are in a "team" or "a bunch of players that will with a hight probability lose this battle no matter what you do".

Players
1,440 posts
7,013 battles

Teamwork is automatic if the raw material is of quality. I have had great games collaborating with other players without even saying a word between us, because we knew what we had to do.

If I have to tell someone random what to do, I take special care that it is not something complex because moving the potato from your comfort zone is often counterproductive.

There are many occasions in which I have given indications that to me understand were basic but the player when trying to do it was killed. That made me understand that many times it is better not to say anything and let them keep playing in a known area.

The above is for the utopian teamwork with random people, for real teamwork are the divisions where you choose who to play with using effective external communication programs.

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,561 battles

Team play in randoms is way different then in clan wars. 

Clan wars, when you play with people you know and can choose ships, it is not even as much about team play, because there are no idi_ts on team, it is about ship synergy and strategy, tactics and real time coordination.

In random battle there is no team play 90% of times, there is some maybe 8% and once every 50 games you get really good team play, at least on flank where you are. 

So what is good team play in random battle? 

1) You have to understand your ship, its role, strengths and weaknesses. 

2)You have to have people around you who also understand their ships. 

3)You have to act according to what ships are around you 

4)You have to act according to contacts you make with enemies remembering 1, 2, 3. 

If people do that you can have superb battle. 

Sign in to follow this