Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Salentine

clan battles vs xmas events...

36 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
Players
1,581 posts
9,359 battles

while i'm very grateful for all these events over the Christmas period, there 's one small problem, time...

we have a season of clan battles until the 20th January, then there is...

"In the Name of His Highness" event,

"Belle Epoque" collection

"Mighty Prinz" campaign

"Steel Monsters" campaign (yes i know it's a prem shop one, but who wouldn't want to do it)

"Snowflakes"

2 Ranked spirit seasons at T6

and the "Dreadnought marathon"

Just an idea, wouldn't it make sense to allow clan battles to count towards the campaigns?

• Cool 23

[SM0KE]
Players
2,603 posts
6,449 battles

As always, RL takes priority, and I'll do whatever I can with the free time I have.

'Luckily', I can only do clans at weekends, due to the time difference, which does make the decision-making a bit easier...

[DAVY]
Players
1,581 posts
9,359 battles
12 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Maybe they do?

they haven't so far...

[DAVY]
Players
384 posts
5,376 battles

I think Clan battles should get all the support they can and this would be a very easy adjustment for Wargaming to make. Let's face it, any boundaries to clan battles that can be removed should. Furthermore people that wrack up loads of Clan battles are probably some of the biggest warships fans out there, why punish them for it?

• Cool 4

[DAVY]
Players
1,581 posts
9,359 battles
8 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

It's a sprint season.  The last one counted to the British event (helpfully), so i suspect this one will as well.

yes, it's good they do count, but i was on about clan battles counting towards the campaigns...

[ADRIA]
Players
4,818 posts
6,919 battles

I remember someone from WG saying that (paraphrasing ofc):

"CB has no missions because we want the only thing to matter there be the win, not getting damage, kills or anything else like that"

Funny how Ranked still lets you do the missions, guess that's not about winning? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DAVY]
Players
329 posts
8,491 battles

@wilkatis_LV: Funny they would put it this way.

I would put it another way. Any kill or hp of damage you do anyway in CB is one you don't have to worry about having to do in Randoms AFTER being a bit worn out by 4 hours of CB.

In our clan we really like our CBs and we certainly wouldn't skip on that to do some missions. I cannot speak for other clans but I am sure that in our clan nobody on the roster would think even one second about how to get one missing mission. It is absurd. If you do CB you would normally fulfill most mission requirements just as you play along.

2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Funny how Ranked still lets you do the missions, guess that's not about winning? :Smile_trollface:

Now you see, you got it wrong. In Ranked you play with a lot of players you don't even know and would not need to care about. Of course you would dedicate your life to the team effort. We have seen plenty of Ranked Battles where players selflessly rammed an enemy player, not to be top of a losing team but trying to turn the game.

Whereas in Clan Battles, you know these guys, their bad charakters and their individually plentiful flaws. So naturally you will play selfish there.

@Salentine: The same goes for the Daily Missions. They, too, don't count clan battles. I got the first Daily Mission chain today only cause I got some of us to do a few more games. Frankly, the people were tired and although quality of play was still high you could hear that in their voices. Not trying to be the big drama queen here.

I mean really.

The Daily Missions are about winning.

CB is about winning.

There's exactly zero conflicting interests.

Please, Wargaming, reconsider allowing Clan Battles to count for any regular mission. Clan Battles are not less challenging than Randoms, they are way more. The wins don't come easy. Whoever cherishes his clan and plays in CB has done his part for the day and should not be "punished" by having to get another 6 wins in randoms on that very day.

Also please don't forget that not every clan has enough active members to rotate players during a CB session. Some people really play the whole 4 hours. There is no indication that players would neglect the team effort to get a certain mission done. If they did, in any reasonable clan, the field commander would ... how do I put it nicely and without violating board rules? @Excavatus What would you do if in CB someone went shooting at a BB instead of a DD cause he needs a BB kill for a mission chain?  :Smile_hiding: 

• Cool 4

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,356 posts
5,757 battles
7 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I don't think those guys playing CB at all :)

In the CB environment, all together on voice channel, nobody will do that I believe.
I don't know how it is about the other clans, but in our CBs, I don't think people will find enough time to think about some missions :)

I agree with this idea.. Just let all the missions can be doable in CB.
CB is the top of this game. Where you can have most fun. I think there shouldn't be any restrictions for CB (missionwise I mean)

4 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

What would you do if in CB someone went shooting at a BB instead of a DD cause he needs a BB kill for a mission chain?

:etc_red_button:

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,500 posts
15,364 battles
7 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

@Excavatus What would you do if in CB someone went shooting at a BB instead of a DD cause he needs a BB kill for a mission chain?  :Smile_hiding: 

MMM well they would probably find themself not getting in to future teams...

• Cool 3

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
664 posts
9,640 battles

Can Clan Battles also work against daily missions for base XP. 

How someone who works for living and playing/paying for "fun" can find time to do 4 hours a CB session and still have time to play at least 6 battles in any other mode after regular work hours? 

• Cool 1

Players
430 posts
4,209 battles
18 hours ago, Freyr_90 said:

Who needs sleep anyway? And we all know Warships almost anything > relatives and family

/s

There, corrected it for you :cap_cool:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,444 battles

The one thing I would really add is to repeat some of the others here

DAILY MISSIONS NEED TO BE DOABLE IN CBs!

Seriously, does WG want me to play from 19:00 to 23:00 in CBs AND at the same time play 6 (and win all of those as wel) games? So.... another 2 hours to that? That is 6 hours of play each day if you want those dailies done.

Yes I know you can simply not do them, but I do want those special flags for finishing 20 of them. And if you can get a dreadnought around christmas by doing 40 (christ almighty) of them... well, guess I either won't have a life or a dreadnought...

I also find it hilarious that some missions are doable in ranked, but not CBs. Im certain those missions started AFTER the last ranked, which means that within 2 weeks there will be a ranked season? Or did whomever designs these missions screw up? Probably not, we all know WG is infallible™ (I'm coining that).

Also... ranked during CBs and christmas along with 2 campaigns? oh boy.

It is like WG took the memeing about "spend time with families" and added a bunch of stuff so we would complain this year and they could go "see, we told you so".

Either that or its WGs normal "da, we have a scale here. it has 2 settings on a 1-10 scale: 0 and 11! is gut da?"

• Cool 3

Players
240 posts
5,638 battles
14 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

"CB has no missions because we want the only thing to matter there be the win, not getting damage, kills or anything else like that"

@MrConway

I suspect that Clans are perfectly sorting out their own internal players if they started to get *distracted* by any sort of mission... in which case why shouldn't they count toward missions etc?

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
Players
329 posts
8,491 battles
3 hours ago, Loran_Battle said:

The one thing I would really add is to repeat some of the others here

DAILY MISSIONS NEED TO BE DOABLE IN CBs!

I would say that is one of the key points to make. There are missions and tasks that simple cannot, should not and would not be done in CB. No clan is going to allow a Kurfürst or Mino into their team just because there is some mission to get 200 hits with secondary/primary weapons in one battle. But the Daily Missions are hard to do. You can have a losing streak and it takes you way more than 6 battles to do them. Also they can only be done that very day.

3 hours ago, Loran_Battle said:

I also find it hilarious that some missions are doable in ranked, but not CBs. Im certain those missions started AFTER the last ranked, which means that within 2 weeks there will be a ranked season? Or did whomever designs these missions screw up? Probably not, we all know WG is infallible™ (I'm coining that).

Now that I can fully understand. Why should someone spend time to tailor requirements for missions individually? That only increases the risk of missing out on something. It's perfectly reasonable to categorise missions and not spend any thought on what events are up in the near future. Missions should in general be open to any PvP mode, some even PvE, if their character is not one of a heroic achievement. It's okay if you want a mission to be hard to finish and it is restricted to a high tier and PvP, like e.g. the Honorable Service Campaign. But the ones of everyday difficulty or simple accumulation should be doable in any reasonably tasking game mode.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,356 posts
5,757 battles

CB is the Top of the competitive & mutliplayer aspect of this game.

WG wants more people playing this game, more people playing high tiers..

they are pushing people for having more high tier ships,

so why we can't complete a lot of missions in this mode is beyond me?

@MrConway
Come on mate, comment!

[UNICS]
Players
1,244 posts
15,470 battles
16 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

I suggest you to take a break from the game. Christmas is the best time. WG is pushing you too hard to play and is getting addictive.

BTW there are more important things in life than WoWs. And soon you'll realise that.

Reveal hidden contents

:Smile_trollface:

-EDITED-

in b4 content removal :cap_cool:

• Funny 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,586 posts
2,397 battles
On 11/28/2018 at 5:18 PM, Salentine said:

while i'm very grateful for all these events over the Christmas period, there 's one small problem, time...

we have a season of clan battles until the 20th January, then there is...

"In the Name of His Highness" event,

"Belle Epoque" collection

"Mighty Prinz" campaign

"Steel Monsters" campaign (yes i know it's a prem shop one, but who wouldn't want to do it)

"Snowflakes"

2 Ranked spirit seasons at T6

and the "Dreadnought marathon"

Just an idea, wouldn't it make sense to allow clan battles to count towards the campaigns?

21 hours ago, Salentine said:

does WG have any comments on this @MrConway

You guys need to calm down with those pre-emptive pitchforks :P

We're well aware that the clan battles season will take up a lot of time and will allow a lot of the New Year's content to also be completed in clan battles.

This will not be the case for snowflakes, but as this is only relevant for the tier X ship's snowflakes and you only need to win a battle to get the reward for them, it should be manageable.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,444 battles
On 11/30/2018 at 10:49 AM, MrConway said:

We're well aware that the clan battles season will take up a lot of time and will allow a lot of the New Year's content to also be completed in clan battles.

shot-18_12.01_15_10.21-0392.thumb.jpg.10c409dc128b6d560788dec13fe5a886.jpg

So... where can I do the daily missions in clan battles? Also, I can do them in Ranked? Yeah, there is totally a ranked season going on at the moment.

Seriously, I cannot play 4 hours of clan battles AND 2-3 hours extra for some daily missions and do that 4 days a week at least just for a tier 3 ship.

• Cool 7

Sign in to follow this