You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Verblonde

Next Ranked Sprint at Tier 6, it seems.

71 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
2,599 posts
6,449 battles

Apparently, the next Ranked Sprint will be at Tier 6: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/bulletin-0712/

Not much detail yet, but what there is looks like it'll be similar to the last set, but with T6 ships this time. 5x5, then 7x7 seasons.

That sounds distinctly promising to me; what do others think? I can't think of too many Kamikaze/GC-esque horrors at T6 for one thing, but I may be being forgetful...?

• Cool 3

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
3,769 battles

T6, the last tier not infested with OP Premiums/techtree ships, and the last tier to be rather balanced. Sure, the BB's tend to be slow and are being outrun by their support cruisers & DD's, but on small(er) maps it doesn't matter that much. 

Looking forward to it!

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
2,599 posts
6,449 battles

My only real concern with T6 is CVs - isn't T6 the point where you get manual attack options?

This may end up being the last hurrah of the unicum CV drivers before the rework hits...?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Players
170 posts
7,460 battles

Didn't like kamikaze and GC overpowered premum ship at tier V ranking ? We have T-61 premium on tier VI. It's balanced well just like silver ones, right ? don't you worry.

• Funny 1

[TTT]
Players
4,105 posts
7,839 battles

T6 is a looooot better than T5, that's for sure - now I just need to hope divisions of two are legal again, that really helped make things kinda fun despite the bad tier last time

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,599 posts
6,449 battles
1 minute ago, fodder89 said:

Didn't like kamikaze and GC overpowered premum ship at tier V ranking ? We have T-61 premium on tier VI. It's balanced well just like silver ones, right ? don't you worry.

Is the T-61 that bad? I don't have very many games in mine, but I've usually found the Z-39 a bit more comfortable to play. I'm probably doing it wrong though...

[W-C]
Players
496 posts
2,257 battles
16 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Z-39 a bit more comfortable to play.

Z-39 is TVII :Smile_trollface:

[SM0KE]
Players
2,599 posts
6,449 battles
1 minute ago, Rusty_9 said:

Z-39 is TVII :Smile_trollface:

I know - I meant tier-for-tier; T-61 is described in some quarters as an OP monster, which doesn't match my personal (in)experience. I was just making a German DD - German DD (both premiums) comparison.

Like I said though, I'm probably not T-61ing right...

• Cool 1

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,091 posts
8,476 battles
2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Apparently, the next Ranked Sprint will be at Tier 6: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/bulletin-0712/

Not much detail yet, but what there is looks like it'll be similar to the last set, but with T6 ships this time. 5x5, then 7x7 seasons.

That sounds distinctly promising to me; what do others think? I can't think of too many Kamikaze/GC-esque horrors at T6 for one thing, but I may be being forgetful...?

Warspite/Shinonome?

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
4,345 posts
6,233 battles
7 minutes ago, kfa said:

Shinonome?

Definetely will be going wth Shinonome. Probably combined with Leander.

Hope there wont be too many CVs around.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
152 posts
8,773 battles

I really hope there will be not CV in this sprint, or some poor aa ships will be unplayable, i also love tier6 ships so i will play it.

Players
1,016 posts
7,773 battles

It's a bit like T5 ranked -- fun ships, but rough Random MM. I really look forward to playing them on a level playing field.

I don't anticipate too many problems with CV's. You get manual attacks but you also get DefAA, and the CV's have limited hangars. Indendence vs. Ryujo has always been one of the better USN vs. IJN matchups.

I imagine you'll get some games where some real tryhard with 3/1/1 Ryujo and good micro skills will totally shut down the Independence and swing the game with vision control.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,599 posts
6,449 battles
30 minutes ago, kfa said:

Warspite/Shinonome?

Are they as bad, tier-for-tier?

I'm pants in one of them, and haven't played the other enough to really know...

[TTT]
Players
4,105 posts
7,839 battles
24 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Are they as bad, tier-for-tier?

I'm pants in one of them, and haven't played the other enough to really know...

the only truly problematic ship powerlevel wise is the T-61, I'd say - that thing really should be T7, or at least have some sort of bloody weakness...

but otherwise, sure some of the premiums are good (DeGrasse for example), but they dont completely invalidate the entirety of the silver lineup through their sheer existence like Grem, Kami and Giulio do at T5...

• Cool 1

Players
1,587 posts
11,094 battles

Definitely MUCH better than tier 5.

CV is too stressfull, otherwise Ryujo is so incredibly strong.

Probably there are some op german boats (dont really know Z39 / T61), but Shinonome, Fushun and Anshan arn't half bad either.

I will probably stuff my now useless 19 point YY captain into the Fushun and go club some BBaby seals in Ranked.

3 hours ago, Verblonde said:

My only real concern with T6 is CVs - isn't T6 the point where you get manual attack options?

This may end up being the last hurrah of the unicum CV drivers before the rework hits...?

Yup, Ryujo is such an OP CV too and Cleveland is finally a goner from tier 6. Ufortunately, playing CV vs CV is too stressful so i probably wont bother.

• Cool 1

Players
1,587 posts
11,094 battles
50 minutes ago, jss78 said:

Indendence vs. Ryujo has always been one of the better USN vs. IJN matchups.

Apart from tier 7 i find tier 6 to be the most IJN favored (and i have > 100 games in both Indy and Ryujo)

Players
1,016 posts
7,773 battles
5 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Apart from tier 7 i find tier 6 to be the most IJN favored (and i have > 100 games in either of those CVs)

I can't argue against your experience (got 76 games in Independence, and played my Ryujo almost exclusively in operations).

But playing the Independence, I don't recall struggling so heavily against Ryujos. Most of the time it's a 1/2/2 Ryujo, and you'll completely s*** on his fighter early game, after which you'll completely s*** on everything else he has. It's a bit of a struggle to catch all his strike planes especially if he distributes them well -- but then you have free reign most of the game with your own strike planes anyway, so it always kind of felt even, in the end.

I DO remember struggling against some really good 3/1/1 Ryujo's. You can't do much and he still has enough "strike" to hurt. But that's a rare Ryujo to meet.

Players
1,587 posts
11,094 battles
24 minutes ago, jss78 said:

I can't argue against your experience (got 76 games in Independence, and played my Ryujo almost exclusively in operations).

But playing the Independence, I don't recall struggling so heavily against Ryujos. Most of the time it's a 1/2/2 Ryujo, and you'll completely s*** on his fighter early game, after which you'll completely s*** on everything else he has. It's a bit of a struggle to catch all his strike planes especially if he distributes them well -- but then you have free reign most of the game with your own strike planes anyway, so it always kind of felt even, in the end.

I DO remember struggling against some really good 3/1/1 Ryujo's. You can't do much and he still has enough "strike" to hurt. But that's a rare Ryujo to meet.

In Ranked you will meet 3-1-1 Ryujo a LOT more i promise you. The best ways to carry are 1) kill DDs first and other ships in general 2) permaspot enemy team (requires air superiority)

3-1-1 Ryujo accomplishes both. It shuts down 1-1-1 Indy completely and runs rings around 2-0-1 Indy, plus the additional squads allow easier permaspotting of DDs and torpedoes.

The downside is, it has very little strike capability itself, so it cant do squat if the friendly team is a bunch of glue sniffers. 1-2-2 at least can do enough damage to preserve a star.

Meanwhile 1-2-2 Ryujo does pretty well into 1-1-1 indy, but will get shut down by 2-0-1 Indy and especially 3-1-1 Ryujo.

The advantage of 1-2-2 Ryujo is two fold.

First it has kill threat against even a full hp Indy while Indy need 2 sorties to kill Ryujo. 

Second 1-2-2 Ryujo has 2 TBs which allows crossdrops which is key to killing DDs. Indy does not have the same capability.

Third, 1-2-2 Ryujo has more strike planes and more oppertunities to stack DOTs, so it tends to outdamage and outspot 1-1-1 Indy.

It is true Ryujo fighers are more squishy than Indy fighters, but they are also faster.

Better 1-2-2 Ryujo CV players will not allow themselves to lose the fighter early, so it becomes a long game of cat and mouse as you say with squads spread over the entire map. 

Unless the enemy moves in one big blob, this is an advantage for the Ryujo as it is better able to split the strikewing into 2 x 2 squads. Then it will manage to get flooding or fires on the side where there is no Indy fighter.

In the end I expect a mix of both ships and load-ours in the 10-5 bracket, while most CVs in the top bracket will be 3-1-1 Ryujos.

At least that was how it went in the previous tier 6 ranked seasons.

• Cool 1

Players
4,331 posts
7,740 battles
16 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

In Ranked you will meet 3-1-1 Ryujo a LOT more i promise you. The best ways to carry are 1) kill DDs first and other ships in general 2) permaspot enemy team (requires air superiority)

3-1-1 Ryujo accomplishes both. It shuts down 1-1-1 Indy completely and runs rings around 2-0-1 Indy, plus the additional squads allow easier permaspotting of DDs and torpedoes.

The downside is, it has very little strike capability itself, so it cant do squat if the friendly team is a bunch of glue sniffers. 1-2-2 at least can do enough damage to preserve a star.

Meanwhile 1-2-2 Ryujo does pretty well into 1-1-1 indy, but will get shut down by 2-0-1 Indy and especially 3-1-1 Ryujo.

The advantage of 1-2-2 Ryujo is two fold.

First it has kill threat against even a full hp Indy while Indy need 2 sorties to kill Ryujo. 

Second 1-2-2 Ryujo has 2 TBs which allows crossdrops which is key to killing DDs. Indy does not have the same capability.

Third, 1-2-2 Ryujo has more strike planes and more oppertunities to stack DOTs, so it tends to outdamage and outspot 1-1-1 Indy.

It is true Ryujo fighers are more squishy than Indy fighters, but they are also faster.

Better 1-2-2 Ryujo CV players will not allow themselves to lose the fighter early, so it becomes a long game of cat and mouse as you say with squads spread over the entire map. 

Unless the enemy moves in one big blob, this is an advantage for the Ryujo as it is better able to split the strikewing into 2 x 2 squads. Then it will manage to get flooding or fires on the side where there is no Indy fighter.

In the end I expect a mix of both ships and load-ours in the 10-5 bracket, while most CVs in the top bracket will be 3-1-1 Ryujos.

At least that was how it went in the previous tier 6 ranked seasons.

Especially as AS Inderpendence is long gone:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
2,391 posts
24,368 battles
Just now, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Ban premium ships from ranked.

Why?? most premiums at T-VI is quite balanced