You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FeelTheseTorps

Steel for money, steel from campaign, steel everywhere

134 comments in this topic

Players
2,652 posts
14,645 battles

Project R

The Kamikaze R variant is an event ship that was obtainable through Project R, a month-long event that was held from 18 January 2016 to 14 February 2016. It is identical to Kamikaze in all respects save appearance; Kamikaze R’s camouflage is suminagashi-themed.

Restoring the Kamikaze
The completed blueprint of the Kamikaze lies at the end of Project R. When the last milestone is complete, the event will be over and all players with a contribution of at least 145 Pearls will be awarded with a playable version of the Japanese destroyer!

In World of Warships, Pearls aren’t found in clams. To earn them, players must challenge special “Project R” in-game missions. By diving into this community campaign and reaching various milestones, captains can earn credits, Premium Account, camouflage and other boons which are delivered based on an individual’s contribution. If the community is able to reach the impressive milestone of 10 million Pearls, Kamikaze will be rebuilt in all its glory and 2,000 Japanese destroyers will be randomly given to participants who collected 150 Pearls or more.

We are proud to announce that even the last little lonely Pearl has been swooped off the bottom of the sea, leading to the successful ending of Project R!

By having collected at least 150 Pearls on your account, you have automatically been entered into a raffle for 2,000 Kamikaze R destroyers. Fingers crossed!

For those of you who have gone above and beyond the call of duty and secured 260 Pearls (thus decimating any last hopes for mermaids to be pretty ever again), Kamikaze R is either already anchored in your port, or will be very soon. Good job!

Kamikaze R will be first credited to all players who have accumulated 260 Pearls. The players in the 150-259 Pearls range will then be selected to automatically participate in the raffle for 2,000 free specimens.

After the Project R event, the Kamikaze R variant went on sale. 

• Funny 1

[DAVY]
Players
778 posts
10,668 battles
8 hours ago, FeelTheseTorps said:

Where is it fair for the players that already earned the ship? 

They are ahead with steel and can get Bourgogne. 

Or perhaps WG should remove Stalingrad so some snowflakes could forever being specul?

P. S. Both ships are nice BBQs. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,769 posts
11,682 battles

As massively opposed as I am to WG screwing over the competitive scene, there is ONE good thing about it.

Since Stalingrad has replaced Moskva in CB, it gives teams with it an unfair advantage over teams without it.

Hopefully enough steel will be granted for everyone to buy a Stalingrad.

Of course if WG hadnt given Stalingrad HE to begin with, this never would have been an issue. 

WG, never change.:cap_book:

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
482 posts
4,416 battles

uh oh. kids with nothing else better to do with their lives don't get to hog the shiny metal toy all to themselves. So what.  You scared someone might outplay you?  I've never been scared of a Stalingrad. They make great grills for meats and marshmallows.  

• Cool 1

Players
1,541 posts
4,073 battles
6 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

A "Flint", yeah OK. Still it's a T7 Atlanta with better torps, why are people soooooo nuts about it?

Probably because they have NO IDEA what usually happens to the average T7 cruiser...

Flint is Atlanta that traded radar for an USN DD smokescreen.

Think about that for a monent.:cap_yes:

Spoiler

Just in case my hint wasn't all that clear, what you basically have with Flint is something halfway between Atlanta and Kutusov.

...Except with one of the best smokes in the game.

As long as she has something else spotting for her she can fire her guns with total impunity (her gunbloom in smoke is only about 2.5-3km, just like DDs).

One of the most toxic things you can do in this game is FlintXAtlantaXBelfast division for maximum salt from the enemy team.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
2,943 posts
6,858 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Right there is why I'm really hoping to be able to manage to get enough steel to get her as well as Black...

• Cool 1

[TEA]
Players
1,193 posts
4,970 battles

Elitists are just pissed off because they wont be special anymore with the best ships, that no one else can get. Well to those elitists I raise a fist to you!!

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
1,986 posts
12,904 battles

The main problem is that WG "merchandised" the Stalingrad as a reward ship for clan battles.

At first you needed to collect flags, over three seasons, to be able to get it. For many clans this was a drive to push hard to get these flags: this would give them access to a unique reward ship. Same thing for the Flint and Black: do well (or grind long and hard) and get unique reward ships.

In hindsight, the introduction of steel should have been an obvious clue that WG were about to monetize this at some point. Yes, they didn't break a promise an sich, but this is another slap in the face of people who worked hard to get the ship (and no I don't have any, don't have the time). So the next time WG wants to launch something and add exclusive reward(s/ships) people will think twice before believing WG.

And the complaints from people that don't have time/don't want to/don't have the "skill" to reach this ship was to be expected. Except, WG didn't. As always, they launch something without looking further than that patch. Cause, you know, we can always fix/alter/nerfbat afterwards (and in this process they will ALWAYS antagonize part of the playerbase).

Sum it up: for me personally it's nice, will allow me to make more steel to compensate for time lost in previous CB seasons. But I do wonder why I should believe anything WG says.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
1,246 posts
15,791 battles

Im honestly fine with snowflake , but buying steel . Is a no-no

Black seems very meh so i guess i will save for Bourgogne before black.

I can almost get black and can get ultimate crocodile( a camo the complete potatoes wont get) ,

those bonus seems to good to leave

150% xp

150% commander xp

150% free xp 

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
1,695 posts
6,404 battles
55 minutes ago, Ysterpyp said:

Im honestly fine with snowflake , but buying steel . Is a no-no

I can almost get black and can get ultimate crocodile( a camo the complete potatoes wont get) ,

those bonus seems to good to leave

150% xp

150% commander xp

150% free xp 

Im on my phone so cant check but the black has incredibly slow torps right ?

But that camo is fantastic i agree.

[UNICS]
Players
1,246 posts
15,791 battles
5 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Im on my phone so cant check but the black has incredibly slow torps right ?

Yea but a fast reload and they are nuclear tipped :Smile_izmena:

Players
1,107 posts
8,553 battles
16 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

When you find a 30% potato with a Stalingrad, you can show him to us....:Smile_trollface:

I have found a Potato with a Stalingrad.

Paulus.jpg

• Funny 4

[GOLD]
Players
64 posts
10,629 battles

Imagine the outcry once they find out the 3 season CB camo for Stalingrad actually adds 5% to your winrate. :Smile_hiding:

[BGBRD]
Players
322 posts
9,610 battles

So much hungry whales, thinking (demanding to be honest) that everything is for sale... sad, sad story... the Consumerism is strong in this Forum. :cap_old:

• Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
1,678 posts
15,476 battles
6 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Hide contents

Just in case my hint wasn't all that clear, what you basically have with Flint is something halfway between Atlanta and Kutusov.

As long as she has something else spotting for her she can fire her guns with total impunity (her gunbloom in smoke is only about 2.5-3km, just like DDs).

One of the most toxic things you can do in this game is FlintXAtlantaXBelfast division for maximum salt from the enemy team.

Ohhh m8, the memories... Couldnt get karma more then 0 for weeks :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[GOLD]
Players
64 posts
10,629 battles

Well dont need any premiums for that. Mino, Mino, Wooster works great

[JRM]
Players
1,678 posts
15,476 battles
3 hours ago, Soemba said:

True but in those you are not met by t5-s :cap_haloween:

At general discussion tho - since steel can in fact drop from a SC why is all this such an issue?

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
1,480 posts
18,111 battles
6 hours ago, 159Hunter said:

The main problem is that WG "merchandised" the Stalingrad as a reward ship for clan battles.

Well you are right ... kind of. It started as reward for CWs but this was changed later. Even before Stalingrad is released or even steel was actually introduced, S_O on Reddit already mentioned that they will find a way that everyone could obtain Stalingrad. He did mention that it won't be easy way but the fact is Stalingrad, once released, was already available to everyone who has enough steel to buy it. So you can't look on it as something exclusively limited only to CW. What CW enable is to get required amount of steel much faster then the rest of playerbase.

Main problem now seems that WG is introducing other way to obtain steel, even worse the way to, kind of, "buy" it. I personally don't see any problem if people could get small amount of steel via other activities outside CW or ranked but I don't like this way of buying it, but in the end WG is a business company so, even tho I don't like it, I'm not surprised to much by this move.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,943 posts
6,858 battles

Thinking about all this a bit more, I really do think there need to be distinct things for the 'elite' players (in the manner of my earlier 'epeen'/'potato' split ship versions suggestion): if we think about all the things that the super-unicums generally sacrifice to get this good (the celibacy, no daylight, the ascetic shunning of soap - that kind of stuff), that we normal potatoes take for granted, they probably should be rewarded. Preferably from upwind.

Equally, we normal potatoes should be keen to have equivalent, but (importantly) distinct, ships - do we really want to be WOWS' equivalent of Rick, after the legendary fight with Vivian*:

Image result for young ones virgin

*Note for Young People and other aliens: this is a Young Ones (British comedy from the eighties) reference.

:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 3

Players
2,821 posts
3,145 battles
15 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thought about it for a moment, and decided that you seem to think it a wise decision a paperthin cruiser should trade radar for smoke.

Oh goody. Ah well. Flint x Atlanta x Belfast... I suppose that is a lot worse than 3x Belfast, maybe some sort of a crisis version? :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,541 posts
4,073 battles
9 hours ago, Soemba said:

Minotaur and Worcester aren't the only radar cruisers at their tier, though. Also, Worcester does not have unlimited DefAA.

And as @Yedwy said, they don't get to seal club ships that aren't used to radar/don't have any counter play to radar.

56 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Thought about it for a moment, and decided that you seem to think it a wise decision a paperthin cruiser should trade radar for smoke.

You 'decided' I thought that?:cap_hmm:

Just an FYI, but it's not just me saying Flint is worth it.:cap_like:

1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Flint x Atlanta x Belfast... I suppose that is a lot worse than 3x Belfast, maybe some sort of a crisis version? :Smile_trollface:

Flint and Atlanta have unlimited DefAA (as well as really strong AA for their tier), Flint and Belfast have smoke, Belfast and Atlanta have radar, Flint and Atlanta have torpedoes, Belfast has Hydro.

Smoke up.

Attacked by a destroyer? Atlanta/Belfast can radar them, all three combined firepower annihilates them, Belfast hydro spots any torpedoes they managed to launch.

Attacked by a cruiser? See above.

Attacked by a battleship? Flint/Atlanta have torpedoes if he chooses to rush your smoke, otherwise just spam the HE.

Attacked by bombers? Flint/Atlanta...do what AA Cruisers do best.

Played right it's almost impossible to to even spot a Flint/Atlanta/Belfast division, let alone even get a sucessful attack in. A triple Belfast div can do some of those, but not all and is extremely vulnerable to being rushed by an angery BB. Did I mention that Atlanta/Flint have a 3km detection bloom in smoke, compared with Belfast's 5km?

I'm not saying triple Belfast isn't toxic af and slightly very overpowered, but it just doesn't quite reach the level of salt that Flint/Atlanta/Belfast brings to the table.

• Cool 2

Players
2,821 posts
3,145 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Minotaur and Worcester aren't the only radar cruisers at their tier, though. Also, Worcester does not have unlimited DefAA.

And as @Yedwy said, they don't get to seal club ships that aren't used to radar/don't have any counter play to radar.

At T7 that might HAVE BEEN true, but the great MM had taught them about even T9 ships now.

You 'decided' I thought that?:cap_hmm:

Yeah I decided that is probably what you meant to say.

Just an FYI, but it's not just me saying Flint is worth it.:cap_like:

I think it is 'interesting'. Without toxic div however, it would not be that special. 

It would be an Atlanta that traded radar for smoke. Wise? well... see your first thing, what you say YOURSELF about radar...

Flint and Atlanta have unlimited DefAA (as well as really strong AA for their tier), Flint and Belfast have smoke, Belfast and Atlanta have radar, Flint and Atlanta have torpedoes, Belfast has Hydro.

Smoke up.

Attacked by a destroyer? Atlanta/Belfast can radar them, all three combined firepower annihilates them, Belfast hydro spots any torpedoes they managed to launch.

Attacked by a cruiser? See above.

Attacked by a battleship? Flint/Atlanta have torpedoes if he chooses to rush your smoke, otherwise just spam the HE.

Attacked by bombers? Flint/Atlanta...do what AA Cruisers do best.

Played right it's almost impossible to to even spot a Flint/Atlanta/Belfast division, let alone even get a sucessful attack in. A triple Belfast div can do some of those, but not all and is extremely vulnerable to being rushed by an angery BB. Did I mention that Atlanta/Flint have a 3km detection bloom in smoke, compared with Belfast's 5km?

I'm not saying triple Belfast isn't toxic af and slightly very overpowered, but it just doesn't quite reach the level of salt that Flint/Atlanta/Belfast brings to the table.

Could work. Also you might meet a whacko like me. one of my regular div mates has a Belfast. 

I met him on the server where he was in a 3x Belfast div. I ate all his buddies in my Queen E. 

He was the only one I could not chew... at least not the whole bit. 

[SM0KE]
Players
2,943 posts
6,858 battles

I only have Atlanta, but would be *very* keen to get my hands on Flint: even without the division, she's very much worth it from a potato's perspective.

Atlanta can't smoke herself, and in randoms you can't even remotely rely on team-mates for smoke; the radar is useful (obvs), but is short-ranged, so you need to put yourself in harm's way to use it (see previous remarks about randoms - goes for people shooting at things you detect with radar too).

Atlanta's torps are really weapons of last resort - if you're within 4.5 km (from memory) of something that needs torps, someone has probably messed up epically. Flint's have a far more usable range.

Flint can use the old Kutuzov trick of hiding in smoke and chucking out a *lot* of HE, only Flint blooms rather less than Kutuzov, I believe.

Flint appears to be some sort of ghastly T7 love-child that would be produced if you left a Benson and a Kutuzov alone in a darkened room with Barry White playing, and then waited for the eggs to hatch. She's a tubby DD, with a citadel and lot more firepower, that can also make CV's lives miserable - sure, you give up the radar (which is arguably only *really* useful when you're in a division with reliable folk), but you do get a lot in return. Hopefully.

That said, I suck in Atlanta, and will probably suck just the same in Flint...

• Cool 1