You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FeelTheseTorps

Steel for money, steel from campaign, steel everywhere

134 comments in this topic

[HERO5]
Alpha Tester
599 posts
2 minuty temu, BLUB__BLUB napisał:

You realise I'm pulling your epeen ehh... leg, right?

Also... you seem quite hungry. Wanna bite? :Smile_trollface:

You are too weak to trigger me bro, nice try tho. :D

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles
2 hours ago, Klopirat said:

So how much steel does one get with this campaign? (and the other stuff, e.g. the snowflakes)

When one of my clanmates posted about this on Reddit a few days ago, one of the comments there said.... 18k :cap_fainting:

And yes, that's jsut the NY events without the CB counted in. presumably not even the clan bonus is counted in. Just the NY events. WG pls

• Cool 1

Players
2,690 posts
2,950 battles
Just now, Loordbeny said:

You are too weak to trigger me bro, nice try tho. :D

At least that made more sense. Try to realise on an F2P game everything is for sale. 

Yes they might give you a medal. But probably they'll make an even shinier medal for those that pay. 

• Cool 1

[HERO5]
Alpha Tester
599 posts
Przed chwilą, BLUB__BLUB napisał:

At least that made more sense. Try to realise on an F2P game everything is for sale. 

Yes they might give you a medal. But probably they'll make an even shinier medal for those that pay. 

You dont take 1 simple thing, wg wanted competitive mode for skilled players with rewards for skilled players only, they said it and they did it. Not me. Im just fighting for them to keep their word.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,883 posts
6,692 battles
4 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

When one of my clanmates posted about this on Reddit a few days ago, one of the comments there said.... 18k

If that ends up being the final amount (WG have said that they may change the rewards, which could go either way), it's not quite enough to get both of the two oldest steel ships (Flint and Black) even if you use a coupon on both. It's also not enough to get either of the newer options.

It's looks rather as if the model is moving towards de facto exclusive for CW/Ranked gods for an initial period, followed by opening up to the great unwashed some time later (with unique camo for the elite to perhaps soften the blow); I guess we'll know more if there are other missions like this in future...

• Cool 1

[BUSHI]
Players
3,298 posts
17,049 battles
17 minutes ago, Loordbeny said:

Im just fighting for them to keep their word.

Pioneer's Word ? C'mon Comrade ! XaXaXa ;-).

BTW. From the start thay sayed that Stalingrad will be probably given to others for doing some missions ...

1.thumb.jpg.a3695bca95987f24acf68845c10426a2.jpg

Players
2,818 posts
16,234 battles

with the ammount of  steel ships to get i think its ok to give some steell out IF its like once a year for cristmas

i HOPE that the campaingns (esp for money) stay a 1x a year thing

• Cool 4

Players
893 posts
8,670 battles

In the end we are all here because we love playing this game no matter if we are a potato or a unicum. And we would like to see this game flourish with a healthy player base and not too many problems (as stated somewhere above). 

What has this to do with this thread? Well, in order for the game to flourish we must encourage everyone to keep playing or start playing this game. And putting ships behind a skill wall just isn't the way to do it. Sure, it is enjoyable to be envied for something you have that others haven't. Been there and done that in the Stalingrad. I will not lie, I absolutely loved the hate from everyone that thought (at that time) that they couldn't ever get it. 

But after a while that does get stale. And I started to think about the bigger picture: is having an extremely exclusive ship in this game good for the game? Will it turn people off from playing. Probably. I'm not an expert and far from unbiased but it's probably not good for the health of the game in the longterm. 

But what about all those who have spent the time and effort to achieve what they have achieved in competitive? I don't know. It's a bitter pill to swallow to see potatoes sail a stalingrad. Also for me. Because yes, I have sacrificed a lot of my free time because I really wanted to have the ship. And those people should be rewarded for it. In the form of another ship? In the form of a special commander with special threats? In the form of a special camo? That's up to the devs to decide and up to the (comp.) players to decide if it's still worth it to put these amounts of time into it. 

Because from a typhoon/hurricane player's point of view the whole "play competitive well and get a ship" chapter is just a farce. 

And from the potatoes POV it's also a farce since they can get it anyway through grinding. 

So the Stalingrad chapter has been a failure in my book. It has created two sides within the player base with a gap between them the size of the grand canyon. 

Ps. Please give potatoes a stalingrad so they can see for themselves how "OP" it is. 

Pss. It will boost my stats. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 11

Players
4,085 posts
6,478 battles

Well said @GarrusBrutus . I think the bottomline is, that in an f2p-environment, its very hard to implement rewards like that. Players, that cant get it, will naturally feel left out and probably picture the reward stronger, then it actually is. And players, that made the efford to get it, will feel betrayed, when at a later point its presumably easier to unlock those reward-ships. On top of that, such kind of hyped ships have a huge cashflow-potential for WG, as we see with Stalingrad.

• Cool 3

Players
1,506 posts
3,982 battles

I feel like adding my own $0.02, as it will probably be of interest.

It's pretty obvious that I'm not a competitive (or ""'elitist'"") player of WoWS - just check my clan tag.

As such, I don't play clan wars and I don't enjoy T10 ranked, so earning steel is slow for me. It's pretty obvious that I won't be able to get Balansgrad outside of WG giving free hand-outs like the above.

And I'm actually fine with this.

The 'elite' players can keep their rewards, they'll just paint a big fat Bullseye on themselves whenever they go into random with those ships.:Smile_playing: I (and probably many others) have added homing mechanisms to our shells and torpedoes just for the 'elite' players who do decide to grace us with their presence.:cap_haloween:

So, yeah. I mean, I'm going to take WG up on their offer, steel offers are steel offers afterall...it just means I'll get Flint or Black in two years time instead of ten.:cap_money:

I just feel like it wouldn't have mattered to me whether WG implemented this offer or not. It's not like I'm in a rush to get any elite premiums.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DAVY]
Players
1,598 posts
9,523 battles

why you all going crazy abouit the comradegrad, most of them will pick the the burgundy - it's a BB :P

[GRON]
Players
22 posts
5,493 battles

In a game where we all in the end pay for premium doubloons etc etc it is unfair to favor some players and let the others behind, they will leave and the wargaming profit will go down and the game will end (bad scenario). If wargaming wants to reward the best players they should give early access to the best ships in the game, @GarrusBrutus pointed it exactly as it is. In the end what's the use to favor some and left the others behind? we all pay (or most of us) and we want what we paid for..... no exclusions no nothing. The steel campaign in the test server and in the end on the live server is something that should have been in the game from the moment coal and other minerals got introduced in the game....

For those who nag and think that it is unfair..........                                              

GROW UP!!!

• Cool 5

Players
2,690 posts
2,950 battles
1 hour ago, Loordbeny said:

You dont take 1 simple thing, wg wanted competitive mode for skilled players with rewards for skilled players only, they said it and they did it. Not me. Im just fighting for them to keep their word.

I guess you also place lots of trust in politicians, newspapers, and TV-opinion-shows... 

Players
2,690 posts
2,950 battles
19 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

....it just means I'll get Flint or Black in two years time instead of ten.:cap_money:

I just feel like it wouldn't have mattered to me whether WG implemented this offer or not. It's not like I'm in a rush to get any elite premiums.

Best remark ever: two years instead of ten. :cap_like::cap_like::cap_like:

I think you're a bit like me - first check if there is anything you'd REALLY like, before screaming "I want it".

I'd not have a clue why I'd want a Musashi. I hate T9, hate T10, and I'll most likely suck at it too because I hate camping. 

A "Flint", yeah OK. Still it's a T7 Atlanta with better torps, why are people soooooo nuts about it?

Probably because they have NO IDEA what usually happens to the average T7 cruiser... 

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,049 posts
24,937 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

In the end we are all here because we love playing this game no matter if we are a potato or a unicum. And we would like to see this game flourish with a healthy player base and not too many problems (as stated somewhere above). 

What has this to do with this thread? Well, in order for the game to flourish we must encourage everyone to keep playing or start playing this game. And putting ships behind a skill wall just isn't the way to do it. Sure, it is enjoyable to be envied for something you have that others haven't. Been there and done that in the Stalingrad. I will not lie, I absolutely loved the hate from everyone that thought (at that time) that they couldn't ever get it. 

But after a while that does get stale. And I started to think about the bigger picture: is having an extremely exclusive ship in this game good for the game? Will it turn people off from playing. Probably. I'm not an expert and far from unbiased but it's probably not good for the health of the game in the longterm. 

But what about all those who have spent the time and effort to achieve what they have achieved in competitive? I don't know. It's a bitter pill to swallow to see potatoes sail a stalingrad. Also for me. Because yes, I have sacrificed a lot of my free time because I really wanted to have the ship. And those people should be rewarded for it. In the form of another ship? In the form of a special commander with special threats? In the form of a special camo? That's up to the devs to decide and up to the (comp.) players to decide if it's still worth it to put these amounts of time into it. 

Because from a typhoon/hurricane player's point of view the whole "play competitive well and get a ship" chapter is just a farce. 

And from the potatoes POV it's also a farce since they can get it anyway through grinding. 

So the Stalingrad chapter has been a failure in my book. It has created two sides within the player base with a gap between them the size of the grand canyon. 

Ps. Please give potatoes a stalingrad so they can see for themselves how "OP" it is. 

Pss. It will boost my stats. :Smile_trollface:

Well, I have nothing against that skilled players get rewards, but problems may be when you go to the ranked/competetive scene and players have access to tools that are barred for other participants. If WG starts to flood the market with steel ships only accessible to a handful of players, they must give more steel access so you have steel amounts to  a lesser degree of you participate in events like ranked sprint.

It is therefor logical to open up access to steel in various means even if they should be demanding, not only clan wars f.e.

Top players will have access to and far more of these ships, let us say that after 2-3 years from now, maybe the top clan players will have 8-10 ships that are mandatory to succeed in competetive play, should the rest of players be granted nothing? They will also after a while make high tier play far less interesting.

This is entertainment game, where also many are collectors - which supplies probably most money, therefor if many sought after designs are excluded  this group of players will also feel bad.

What if they come with a strong (OP) Tier X ship that was only accessible if you have 50 premiums in port?  How would the the hard core CW competetive players feel then.

Look I have nothing against that there is a competetive scene, but as I say this is entertainment - if you are that denial hard for others maybe you should play another game which brings more money/ vs time. You have a vast number of navy buffs like myself - I do not consider myself a gamer, I like warships if classical designs are just accesible for a few players I will be angry.

I neither support the hard line players like the OP, nor would I like easy access, you should work for it but it depends more on WGs future policy regarding future steel ships etc. It is a thin line and they will not satisfy the whole playerbase regardless. I have myself started to taking thing a little more seriously - bought a new computer with headset, thought I have not installed any teamspeak or similar yet. Later I might find a clan that are not too serious but at least wants to play clanwars for some steel income. But for me ranked is best where I do not need to plan too much, even though I play a lot I do not like to tie me up too much. But I was disappointed where my clan only managed to find interest for a few games the first season . then we never succeded on being the required number.

• Cool 1

Players
2,690 posts
2,950 battles
1 minute ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I think this is pretty much genius, so very multilayered.

They should call next currency 'snowflakes' instead of steel or whatever. I'd find it hilarious. 

• Funny 1

Players
3,230 posts
7,373 battles
14 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

They should call next currency 'snowflakes' instead of steel or whatever. I'd find it hilarious. 

Haha, but I do think this is actually also a nice way to reward loyal players of their game.

The more ships you have, the more rewards you will reap.

I doubt having (lemme think for a sec) something of 15 ships tiers 9 and above will grant me instant access to Gulaggrad, but it's a nice stepping stone and might encourage people to dust off those old port queens again.

Now I'm kinda sorry I rage sold Izumo :Smile-_tongue:

Spoiler

almost :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

Players
133 posts
14,271 battles

This campaign for steel and Snowflakes  is very good things from WG. :cat_cool: I am very happy about it. :Smile_Default:  To many players dont have enough time to play CB,  and to many players not play in good clan.

Players
2,690 posts
2,950 battles
16 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Haha, but I do think this is actually also a nice way to reward loyal players of their game.

The more ships you have, the more rewards you will reap.

I'm running a bit out of portslots, so considering getting some premiums. But we're getting so much stuff for free already.

Was granted Arizona for free, nice one WG, and I bought Hood on sale (and gave Boat a Sims) because I think they're doing a good job.

It's impossible to keep such a diversified lot happy, and meanwhile still run a viable business, but they are trying.

meanwhile we got d some 'funmiums' and no doubt we'll get more in the future. 

However I do not understand why people would want those ships, unless they actually own something similar and like it.

I was pretty happy with Arizona, because I liked New York and New Mexico.  I doubt if I'd have liked Nelson, for instance.

16 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I doubt having (lemme think for a sec) something of 15 ships tiers 9 and above will grant me instant access to Gulaggrad, but it's a nice stepping stone and might encourage people to dust off those old port queens again.

Now I'm kinda sorry I rage sold Izumo :Smile-_tongue:

Reveal hidden contents

almost :Smile_trollface:

Izumo seems to me like the IJN Nelson. When I see one near, I always go after it (after checking for Derpitzes, mmmm tasty). 

I'd not call it a free XP piñata but usually they are quite 'farmable'. I can understand (I think) why you sold it. 

• Cool 1

[STARS]
Players
499 posts
6 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

When you find a 30% potato with a Stalingrad, you can show him to us....:Smile_trollface:

Oh. It will be  easy to find one. You just have to look for someone with more posts than battles. :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[STARS]
Players
499 posts
3 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I'd not have a clue why I'd want a Musashi.

Musashi is currently my favorite ship. It made me want to have the Yamato too.

[CATS]
Players
16,382 posts
11,331 battles
21 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

Oh. It will be  easy to find one. You just have to look for someone with more posts than battles. :cap_haloween:

Then deliver! :Smile_playing:

Players
2,504 posts
14,612 battles
7 hours ago, FeelTheseTorps said:

Stalingrad was introduced as a elite ship for the best players

Elite?  Please define?

Everytime someone starts a Stalingrad is OP thread; numerous Stalingrad owner counter with arguments that it is not.  If it isn't OP, why does it matter who owns it?