You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FeelTheseTorps

Steel for money, steel from campaign, steel everywhere

134 comments in this topic

[BUSHI]
Players
3,298 posts
17,049 battles

People an masse want every avaiable ship, so WG is converting that wish to $$. It is called "monetization". Vision of extra income will always trumph every promise, given especially to only some of players.

So you are proud of ex. having Black for having 1 rank five time and that ship seems very wanted by others ?

Good for us. It's a time to selling that wish. And how do You feel about that ? "Don't be mad Bro, it's only a game !" Your 5x1 rank means nothing to anybody, except You - anyway. Xa, xa, xa.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,888 posts
6,692 battles
2 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Locking content behind a clan-wall is in my opinion insulting to the people who are willing to support this game financially because when it all comes down to it its the paying customer who keeps the light on and not those who played a few seasons of clan wars.

I don't feel that taking the view that essentially "I pay money, so I should get access to everything" is terribly wise.

The f2p people are also contributing to the game, with their time and numbers; I pay (far too much) into this game on a regular basis, but I'm very aware that if the f2p players vanished, the game would become unplayable very quickly...

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
1,682 posts
6,316 battles
Just now, Verblonde said:

I don't feel that taking the view that essentially "I pay money, so I should get access to everything" is terribly wise.

The f2p people are also contributing to the game, with their time and numbers; I pay (far too much) into this game on a regular basis, but I'm very aware that if the f2p players vanished, the game would become unplayable very quickly...

My post is directed against those who think they are the only ones who deserve the steel ships because they managed to do well in clanwars or ranked.

Emphasis on them being the only ones who deserve.

Other people are more important to the success of this game firstly those who financially support the game and really not that far behind the F2P players who give us the numbers to actually have a game to play.

And those elitists ? i doubt we would even notice it all that much if they suddenly stopped playing.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
2,690 posts
2,950 battles
3 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

And those elitists ? i doubt we would even notice it all that much if they suddenly stopped playing.

Yes we would. General WR up by 10-20% for the average player... 

giphy.gif

• Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[HERO5]
Alpha Tester
599 posts

You wanted good clans  members to participate in this thread so i will start since this was posted on clan discord. I absolutely agree with author. This is bullsh*t. Someone call us, good players elitists? YES WE ARE. We have skills that other people dont, we sacrificed huge amount of time to play clan battles, for training or to discuss tactics. And we got rewarded for this by getting ship that average player or potatoe cant get. Atleast some clans played clan wars only for this ship and spend extraordinary amount of evenings to do that.
Being elitists is something bad? Of course its not. WE DESERVED THAT. WE EARNED IT.

Now WG tells us: Ok, you had your exclusive time in Stalingrads for 3 months, now its time for our money. Its like heavy punch to my balls. If this will be true i guess we will have amazing amount of Wows accounts at Ebay :) For me, i wont be part of this game if they will sell steel.

Probably we wont have any reaction from WG side because they care only about $, competitive players are maybe 3% of this game so they dont care. With this update they will probably loose huge amount of this 3% and skill level of players will be even lower than it is now but Wania aka SubOctavian or Dasha dont care about it.

(Im talking only about my feelings, not clan)

8yequq.jpg

• Cool 5
  • Bad 4

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,098 posts
7,628 battles
20 minutes ago, ExecutionInProgress said:

Wait for copper/molybdenum being farmable in daily missions... Just wait, it's a matter of time

SoonTM

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,478 battles
2 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

SoonTM

You´ll be able to get 0,5 Copper from a mission-chain and then there will be an exclusive, one-time per account only special offer for 0,5 copper in the shop.

:Smile_trollface:

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,098 posts
7,628 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

You´ll be able to get 0,5 Copper from a mission-chain and then there will be an exclusive, one-time per account only special offer for 0,5 copper in the shop.

Only 2 Ranked seasons to suffer then to get a shiny bling bling camo!

WG.net, hire this guy now!

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles

I for one would be happy if I coyld actually get some steel.

I could easily be in a good clan and farm it if I had the time, same with Ranked. But with 2 kids where the oldest is 2 years I simply dont have the time, I have the ability yes but no time.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
2,888 posts
6,692 battles

One way to avoid too much distress might be to basically have two versions of each ship; put one behind some sort of wall that only the very skilled can get at, and make the other available for just steel.

The relationship between the two would be similar to that between, say, Tirpitz and Tirpitz B.

If you see the 'epeen' version, you know you're facing a player of the most high magnificence, and if you see the 'potato' version, then it could be just anyone. Simple. WG get to make the most of the work put into creating a ship, and the elitists don't get their fun spoiled, and we farties get access to more ships. Great success!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
2,690 posts
2,950 battles
11 minutes ago, Loordbeny said:
Spoiler

You wanted good clans  members to participate in this thread so i will start since this was posted on clan discord. I absolutely agree with author. This is bullsh*t. Someone call us, good players elitists? YES WE ARE. We have skills that other people dont, we sacrificed huge amount of time to play clan battles, for training or to discuss tactics. And we got rewarded for this by getting ship that average player or potatoe cant get. Atleast some clans played clan wars only for this ship and spend extraordinary amount of evenings to do that.
Being elitists is something bad? Of course its not. WE DESERVED THAT. WE EARNED IT.

Now WG tells us: Ok, you had your exclusive time in Stalingrads for 3 months, now its time for our money. Its like heavy punch to my balls. If this will be true i guess we will have amazing amount of Wows accounts at Ebay :) For me, i wont be part of this game if they will sell steel.

Probably we wont have any reaction from WG side because they care only about $, competitive players are maybe 3% of this game so they dont care. With this update they will probably loose huge amount of this 3% and skill level of players will be even lower than it is now but Wania aka SubOctavian or Dasha dont care about it.

8yequq.jpg

Watch out though, your WR in Hindenburg is getting below 50% - maybe you are becoming... 962685441_potatoeyes.gif.ad53d33b18af920e5e38536294b1f445.gif  :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

Players
535 posts
6,087 battles

:cap_haloween: :cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween:

my god what a DRAMA :cap_haloween:  you really all have such a problem with Stalingrad but to have 40% vs 65/70% CV player you don't have any problem, you have problem with Flint but Belfast is ok , you have problem with Burgogne but Conqueror is ok, you don't mind 7 sub 45% player in your team vs 7 above 55% in enemy team MM but when F2P game selling something they create hype and demand and cook that for more than 6 month - my my are you all lost in wonderland  ???????

If they can make 200€ profit per I don't know 1000 player from this do you think they will pass that - and what problem do you have with that ??  Are your EGO get hurt if some potato have Stalingrad like you ??  Man ATM in this game there is 99 problem but steel in not even 1 of them .....   those ships are just one of many like Conqueror, Haragumo, Wooster, Belfast, Kutuzov, Kamikaze R, G.Cezar and so on, they try to sell T9 J.Bart some unattractive BB and I bet they made a lot of money from it - ofc they will  try to made 3x or 5x that money from Stalingrad and other steel ships -

---- but that is not problem, what we need is a competitive mode where you will need to have some at least minimal stats like at least 50% WR and av.dam and PR per tier and class of the ship,, also we need bigger reward for pot.damage ( tanking with BBs ) and spotting  (DDs ) and ect, we need less xp on wining team for players that did nothing ( last 4 or so ) and bigger rewards for top 3 in losing team - you know the one that actualy try and give everything to win  and give absolute minimal for the "we are here just for fun"  ...  -- that is the problem not steel and yes I have competitive clan and will play and did play last 3 season of CB and have steel and I don't have a problem that WG is selling steel -- I have problem that they selling major 35%WR  playerbase at T10  

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[HERO5]
Alpha Tester
599 posts
13 minuty temu, BLUB__BLUB napisał:

Watch out though, your WR in Hindenburg is getting below 50% - maybe you are becoming... 962685441_potatoeyes.gif.ad53d33b18af920e5e38536294b1f445.gif  :Smile_trollface:

You realize that its about PR not WR right?

• Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,888 posts
6,692 battles
7 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Verblonde your a nicer guy then i am to those who need to enhance their epeen by any means.

Well, real life has far too much "death to all fanatics!" cr4p in it, so it would be nice if gaming (or one corner of it) could maintain a least a semblance of civilisation and compromise. Probably delusional optimism though.

Plus, I do have some sympathy for most of these people's plight...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
3,230 posts
7,373 battles
32 minutes ago, Loordbeny said:

8yequq.jpg

A heavy punch to the balls? Don't you think you're overreacting a bit?

WoWS has been like this for a longer time. Remember that winter campaign last year? You either had to grind like a madman to get to unlock the second campaign in time. Or you could just visit the premium shop and buy access to it earlier.

And there's ample examples of this.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
2,888 posts
6,692 battles
3 minutes ago, Loordbeny said:

You realize that i have over 60% solo wr right?

20% WR on Derzki...

:Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 2

Players
3,230 posts
7,373 battles
5 minutes ago, Loordbeny said:

You realize that i have over 60% solo wr right?

Good winrate don't pay for the servers. Money does.

Be glad someone else will be paying for you so you can get your Balancedgrad for free :Smile_coin:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[HERO5]
Alpha Tester
599 posts
Przed chwilą, NothingButTheRain napisał:

Good winrate don't pay for the servers. Money does.

Be glad someone else will be paying for you so you can get your Balancedgrad for free :Smile_coin:

Actually im paying for some normal ships or premium account, this ship is skill reward, not wallet reward. Its too hard for you to get it? :)

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Players
3,230 posts
7,373 battles
8 minutes ago, Loordbeny said:

Actually im paying for some normal ships or premium account, this ship is skill reward, not wallet reward. Its too hard for you to get it? :)

Ow, that must be it. Yessss, it is probably just too hard for me to understand. Your opinion on me cannot be overstated enough. I'm pretty sure your stats alone are enough to pay for the hamsterfood. And I'm pretty sure that if you pay for 1 ship and get 2, you are entitled to get even more stuff for free yes?

How can anyone be even less elitist then you. Anyone would have to be out of their minds to even consider this a possibility! :Smile_teethhappy:

Nice try though. I'm pretty sure you must have hurt at least someone's feelings somewhere. Lets hope it's not you.

• Funny 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,478 battles
5 minutes ago, Loordbeny said:

At the end of the day, its all a reward for WG´s business results. If you are not happy with that, you are prolly in the wrong game, then f2p isnt for you. Real skill rewards, that will be guarenteed to stay like that, are to find in games with traditional systems, aka pay 50€ and play or pay 9,95€ per month.

• Cool 3

Players
2,690 posts
2,950 battles
31 minutes ago, Loordbeny said:

You realize that its about PR not WR right?

You realise I'm pulling your epeen ehh... leg, right?

Also... you seem quite hungry. Wanna bite? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[HERO5]
Alpha Tester
599 posts
18 minut temu, NothingButTheRain napisał:

Ow, that must be it. Yessss, it is probably just too hard for me to understand. Your opinion on me cannot be overstated enough. I'm pretty sure your stats alone are enough to pay for the hamsterfood. And I'm pretty sure that if you pay for 1 ship and get 2, you are entitled to get even more stuff for free yes?

How can anyone be even less elitist then you. Anyone would have to be out of their minds to even consider this a possibility! :Smile_teethhappy:

Nice try though. I'm pretty sure you must have hurt at least someone's feelings somewhere. Lets hope it's not you.

Nah, actually not, i dont need any free stuff in game and prefer i am not crying that i have NC and Massachusetts is better. WG clearly said that steel is for competitive players, and it should. But i guess its the same situation like with subs :) Wg just cant keep their word. Simple as that. If someone want Stalin - > Sure, learn to play -> Get good clan -> Play CW.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1