You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Developer Bulletin 0.7.12 - Discussion Thread

67 comments in this topic

[UKSF]
Players
7 posts
7,894 battles

Still not had the rewards from the last Public Test.................. just tried to download the client for the latest PT getting a critical error message

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,426 posts
6,333 battles

The rewards for the 0.7.11 PT are being set up, they should come tomorrow :)

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,426 posts
6,333 battles

The update server is not up yet, as far as I can see, might play a role... But in general try to switch tot he Game Center.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,593 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Rami_Sayed sagte:

NO NO PLZ ,,, THE RANK SPRINT IS SUCKS

PLZ BACK TO THE ORIGINAL RANK BATTLE 

OR RISE THE SHIP TIER

1) your keyboard is broken (or at least one key)

2) I'd guess the normal ranked will come back after the clan war season...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BIA]
Beta Tester
368 posts
2,913 battles

In the Arsenal, you will now also be able to exchange doubloons for various in-game goodies. ... ??!! Steel Ships for example? :cap_money::Smile_coin::cap_wander:

Players
24 posts
10,289 battles

Warships Premium Account

I welcome this, I only play WoWS, so bring it on. I would have like a high XP bonus for giving up premium for 2 other games.

• Cool 1

Players
24 posts
10,289 battles

We understand that Steel is a valuable resource that is "mined" in Clan and Ranked Battles in order to get rare ships. But since adding it to the game, we have received many requests to make it more accessible, as not all players have the opportunity to play in the competitive modes efficiently enough or on a regular basis. The events we mentioned above are designed to fire up the New Year celebrations and give you a chance to obtain valuable rewards—and Steel! However, it doesn't mean we are planning to offer such specials on a regular basis.

I play almost every day, I have accumulated a lot of resources in game, I'm the CO of a clan and still I only have 1900 STEEL. what can that buy me? ....Nothing.

The introduction of STEEL in the first place was wrong, basically it is a currency held (in any quantity that matters (ie. you can buy something with it)) by unicum players only.
When you do this, you set up a player elite class within the game, you may as well have a elite only game mode in the game.... say greater than 57% win rate, gives you access. Imagine it, some people will fall over themselves trying to achieve it, all so they can play with the big boys. I bet unicum player would love that idea, basically they don't have to play with potatoes.

I don't welcome the new move, it diminishes the accomplishment of so many players who have spent so much time getting STEEL. Rather than making STEEL easier to get, just introduce a new currency (lets call it X). So with X you will be able to buy (the great ships) but they would be a variant, like STALINGRAD X.
This way everyone know how you got the ship, STEEL or X. X will be a grind, open to everyone but taking a year to get something like a STALINGRAD, for an average player.

STEEL is here, to remove it would be wrong, it would insult so many players. Leave it as is. It is a unicum currency and don't try and tell me its not.

Great game play in CW and Ranked should be rewarded, STEEL is an approach but the implementation in game is not working out as planned, IMHO. I suggest if you rank out you get rewarded, twice, three times even more, perhaps with a great ship like the STALINGRAD.

What's wrong with STEEL, simply this.... only unicum players can get STEEL of any amount and at present only great ships can be purchased using STEEL (of significant amount), so...
    Great ship + Great player = an unfair advantage in average random battles.
WRONG.

List of in-game Economy....
Credits
Dubloons
Oil
Coal
Steel
Copper
Molybdenum

Elite XP
Free XP
Ship XP

Guineas
Sovereigns

Premium Account

... what next Unobtanium, sorry my mistake that's STEEL, well not any more.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[WCWVE]
Players
818 posts
12,456 battles

In the developer notes it says that for the Prinz Eitel campaign one will need the Shinono, this seems a little unfair for those who have not completed the campaign so is there going to be a work around for this or are WG excluding all those who have not got that ship 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,593 posts
Vor 1 Minute, pzkpfwv1d sagte:

In the developer notes it says that for the Prinz Eitel campaign one will need the Shinono, this seems a little unfair for those who have not completed the campaign so is there going to be a work around for this or are WG excluding all those who have not got that ship 

:Smile_facepalm:

bnm.thumb.JPG.e0a9f996fcad1e9766d3bec72fb1aafe.JPG

• Cool 1

[UKSF]
Players
7 posts
7,894 battles
2 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Not even seen this campaign...... maybe it was about before my time...... started April this year

[PUPSI]
Players
6,593 posts
Vor 1 Minute, markvonchef sagte:

Not even seen this campaign

the campaign for the Shinonome is a permanent one and of course still in game...

• Cool 1

[UKSF]
Players
7 posts
7,894 battles
2 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

the campaign for the Shinonome is a permanent one and of course still in game...

Aaaaa HA! found it lol thanks

Players
3,002 posts
13,144 battles

GOOD

Warships Premium Account           Excellent move for those of us who only play WoWS.

Snowflakes!      A good event which will benefit collectors.

The "Steel Monsters" Campaign     Looks like another nice event.
                             QUESTION: What  game modes are included for these missions? Is it just Random battles?

In the Name of His Highness!          This is obviously the favoured format for events at the moment. It's good except for the "Hall of Fame" which has a disruptive effect on PvE battles to be honest.

Ranked Sprint            Well done! Will be a very welcome event for those players who like that sort of thing (not me).

A BIT WORRYING
The "Mighty Prinz" Campaign

"By a good New Year's tradition, we'll continue partying by rolling out a new temporary campaign that will be available for owners of battleship Prinz Eitel Friedrich."
Depending upon the time (and based on the experience of previous years) you might be acting as a boost to the pitchfork and flaming torch industries here.

The "Belle Époque" Collection
          "The reward for completing the collection includes a commemorative flag, Secret Santa container and Pickelhelm patch."

Please tell my that this is the reward on the PT server, and that once it goes live this collection will get a "real" reward.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,054 posts
3,769 battles

My reception on the end-of-year content will depend on the time-gating, and the (in)ability to catch up if one misses a directive.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,593 posts
Vor 6 Minuten, Admiral_H_Nelson sagte:

Depending upon the time

the update should run five weeks and you can get the PEF in the fourth so...

[BONI]
Players
1,133 posts
9,962 battles

The incoming update welcomes you with an in-game event called "In the Name of His Highness!" Its focus is the glorious epoch when the armor-plated ships of the early 20th century ruled the seas. Expect the rules of this five-week event to be similar to the rules of the "Royal Navy" campaign.

Oh hey, can we have the Santa horns again?