You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LABRAT_1UK

Lost captain skills

13 comments in this topic

Question

[WASP_]
[WASP_]
Players
19 posts
15,268 battles

Can anything be done if one of your captain skills has been greyed out ?? He was a 19 point captain he is now 15 ;( 

12 answers to this question

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,742 battles
Vor 9 Minuten, LABRAT_1UK sagte:

I was trying to say can I change my captain points now that's its been removed and I think the answer is no 

Yes, you reset the captain and put the points into other skills. You need either doubloons, Elite XP or do one battle in clanwars for free resets.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,742 battles

I guess you mean that one of the skills you choose has been marked as inefficient for the current ship?

Don't worry then, the skill is still effective and the captain has all his 19 points.

If it's something else, please explain in detail and maybe post a screenshot as well.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,597 posts
Vor 15 Minuten, LABRAT_1UK sagte:

The secondary's guns on the  captain skills have a grey circle with a line through it ?

it is only a hint that the skill might be a bad choice (as the commander has written already), but the skill is still working (and you could chose other of those markes skills)

[WASP_]
[WASP_]
Players
19 posts
15,268 battles

Thanks for your help but I've  still lost 4 captain skills because there is no manual fire control any more (this is on the Nurnberg) would not pick this skill if it was already greyed out   

• Funny 1

[ASEET]
[ASEET]
Alpha Tester
243 posts
12,939 battles
5 hours ago, LABRAT_1UK said:

Thanks for your help but I've  still lost 4 captain skills because there is no manual fire control any more (this is on the Nurnberg) would not pick this skill if it was already greyed out   

As others have already tried to explain, you have not lost 4 point skill. Skill is there and it is active (even if practically useless).

What happened is that game is trying to tell you that manual secondaries on that particular ships might not be best possible choice.

Even if it is "greyed out" it will give your secondaries (all 4x2 88mm guns with 4.5km range) better dispersion (-15%), but you need to pick targets manually.

If you move that captain to some ships that benefits more from secondaries (for example Bismarck) skill is no loner "greyed out".

• Cool 1

[WASP_]
[WASP_]
Players
19 posts
15,268 battles

ok thanks, Sorry I'm not getting this but thanks for your help. I was trying to say can I change my captain points now that's its been removed and I think the answer is no 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
10 hours ago, LABRAT_1UK said:

manual fire control (this is on the Nurnberg)

1*vOFmI_Vdsq_GF5dahxsLdg.jpeg

I don't even...

4 hours ago, LABRAT_1UK said:

I was trying to say can I change my captain points now

You need to reset your captain for it. That will cost you EliteCaptXP or Gold, or right now you can get it for free if you play 1 Clan Battle

• Cool 1

Players
1,384 posts
10,332 battles
Vor 22 Stunden, LABRAT_1UK sagte:

Can anything be done if one of your captain skills has been greyed out ??

Yes:

You can just ignore it.

Zitat

He was a 19 point captain he is now 15 ;(

Nope. It's just greyed out because somebody at WG thinks that particular skill is not an effective choice for the ship that particular commander is currently on.

For example, on my Friedrich captain, IFHE and possibly even DE are greyed out (don't remember off the cuff). However, it's of course a secondary build since the main guns on that ship are really really bad, and both these skills very definitely boost the secondaries, which is just what I wanted.

WG should really restrict this greying out to skills that actually do nothing at all on the ship in question, like pure aircraft carrier skills on surface combatants.

[STARS]
Players
499 posts
On 11/28/2018 at 1:04 PM, LABRAT_1UK said:

Can anything be done if one of your captain skills has been greyed out ?? He was a 19 point captain he is now 15 ;( 

Maybe you've lost skills and the system is automatically adjusting your captain's skills to yours. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1