You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

french ships, with premature guns.

I prefer...  

39 members have voted

1. 1. I prefer...

• with consumable
    • without consumable
    • optional consumable
    • I don't care

24 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
1,658 posts
6,503 battles

French ships, always been one of the most linear lines in the game, a solid line, unlike other ones where variations between crap and good can make you sea sick.

After a small rest of this game I returned and saw that French ships have changed, they have a new consumable that gives you for 15 seconds? half of the reload time.

So far so good.

But in exchange they nerfed the reload time, they now are 2 seconds slower.

I can't dismount or sell or change that consumable.

Not long ago, I complained about the fact that was hard to compete with Atlantas with my Argelie in hermes when that Op came out.

Now my Argelie it's even slower when shooting and my CM have a 12 seconds reload time but I resigned to the fact, they are heavy cruisers, after all, and I putted on my deal with it attitude.

But LaGal have it too, and going from 7.5 to 9 seconds it's huge.

I feel that this type of thing should be optional.

But what I want to know it's the general consensus about this, if there's one.

thank you.

[NWP]
Players
4,363 posts
6,236 battles

Imo the consumable made them too strong, because they always have the opportunity to punish a "mistake". Even the possibility is a threat in itself, which basicly limits the options on making a risky turn, because it could get you killed (even more so for the BBs with reload booster).

The MBRB on the Cruisers is especially bad for DDs and Cruisers (less so for BBs, only to get permafires). Because you can dish out lots of damage in a short amount of time. As long as you expect them to have the MBRB ready to use, making a turn in a Cruiser is severe punishment or you straight up die.

overall i guess, speedboost as a gimmick didnt cut it for the French lines, so they went with MBRB - imo not good and id rather have seen something else.

[-AP-]
Players
747 posts
2,918 battles

The game isnt balanced for pve, its balanced for pvp, and in pvp, that reload booster is a major tool of opportunity to punish any mistake made by your opponent.

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
216 posts
3,800 battles

La Galissoniere never had 7,5s of reload and Algerie has always been 12s since I started playing in July 2017.

So this two ships are actually been buffed by the addition of the reload booster consumable.

The change only affected reload time on Charles Martel (tier 8) and Saint Louis (tier 9) from 10s to 11s, but the reload booster grants you the ability to stack fires on BB that has just used damage control, to pump out damage on a spotted DD or to brawl another cruiser with AP, really useful in my opinion.

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
4,110 posts
7,848 battles
1 hour ago, Bics93 said:

La Galissoniere never had 7,5s of reload and Algerie has always been 12s since I started playing in July 2017.

So this two ships are actually been buffed by the addition of the reload booster consumable.

The change only affected reload time on Charles Martel (tier 8) and Saint Louis (tier 9) from 10s to 11s, but the reload booster grants you the ability to stack fires on BB that has just used damage control, to pump out damage on a spotted DD or to brawl another cruiser with AP, really useful in my opinion.

this.

• Cool 2

Players
535 posts
6,040 battles

Even before Algerie was great and now is just like the best T7 cruiser in game, you see DD, he try to escape, you use Reload booster = DD hate his life, you burn BB, he use repair = now he is burning like hell ...., you have faster reload, you have more range than ZAO and any US cruiser and so on  ;)

• Cool 1

Players
3,031 posts
7,141 battles
12 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

French ships, always been one of the most linear lines in the game, a solid line, unlike other ones where variations between crap and good can make you sea sick.

After a small rest of this game I returned and saw that French ships have changed, they have a new consumable that gives you for 15 seconds? half of the reload time.

So far so good.

I can't dismount or sell or change that consumable.

Not long ago, I complained about the fact that was hard to compete with Atlantas with my Argelie in hermes when that Op came out.

Now my Argelie it's even slower when shooting and my CM have a 12 seconds reload time but I resigned to the fact, they are heavy cruisers, after all, and I putted on my deal with it attitude.

I feel that this type of thing should be optional.

But what I want to know it's the general consensus about this, if there's one.

thank you.

LaGa always had 9s reload. It was the Grass that has 7.5s reload, but at least this ship didn't receive the MBRB.

I liked the French cruiser line a lot, easily one of my favorites :Smile_great:

I didn't like the CM getting a nerf on the stock reload though. The MBRB doesn't really compensate for it, or at least not in PvE.

The speed boost btw makes these lines a lot of fun to play!

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,717 posts
9,234 battles
4 hours ago, Skyllon said:

Premature guns? You mean like they shoot too early or something?

They get a bit too excited 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Funny 1

[W-C]
Players
496 posts
2,284 battles
4 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

They get a bit too excited 

Like 'she' says - shooting the load too soon ruins the fun:Smile_hiding:!

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,717 posts
9,234 battles
6 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:

Some ships can't help it... 

Especially when they see a petite Italian cruiser! 

Oh boy this is heading South in record time. 

• Funny 3

[OCTO]
Players
819 posts
16,112 battles
15 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Some ships can't help it... 

Especially when they see a petite Italian cruiser! 

...or loli IJN destroyers.... 

[TOXIC]
Players
1,343 posts
17,279 battles
6 hours ago, Bics93 said:

La Galissoniere never had 7,5s of reload

2 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

LaGa always had 9s reload. It was the Grass that has 7.5s reload, but at least this ship didn't receive the MBRB.

Actually La Gasoline did have 7.5s reload when it was initially tested, but soon this was changed to 10s just to be little buffed later to 9s. You can see that initial fast reload in Flamu's first video about ship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1yGPFEvfNo

• Cool 1

Players
3,031 posts
7,141 battles
35 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Actually La Gasoline did have 7.5s reload when it was initially tested, but soon this was changed to 10s just to be little buffed later to 9s. You can see that initial fast reload in Flamu's first video about ship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1yGPFEvfNo

True. I knew about how it was when still being tested from that exact same video. But afaicr the baguette cruisers arrived to the game sooner then I did :Smile-_tongue:

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
22 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

(..)

Now my Argelie it's even slower when shooting and my CM have a 12 seconds reload time (..)

5 ships got the Reload Booster:

• LaGal
  • Algerie
  • Charles
  • StLouis
  • HIV

2 ships got their reload nerfed by 1 sec (form 10 to 11s):

• Charles
  • StLouis

That LaGal and Algerie "nerf" you are pulling out of your :etc_swear: as it never happened, and Charles has 12s on STOCK guns - exactly as it had before the reload booster was introduced.

And yes, the Reload Booster is amazing.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts
11 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

Only as quick as public demands! :Smile_trollface:

[HARF]
Players
331 posts
11,523 battles
12 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

Who cares what "she" says? I think the faster you fire the faster you reload, maybe enabling the double strike!

• Funny 1

Players
3,007 posts
13,146 battles
13 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I didn't like the CM getting a nerf on the stock reload though. The MBRB doesn't really compensate for it, or at least not in PvE.

True.  

Some ships or features are good in PvP but not in PvE  (and the reverse situation can apply in certain circumstances).

I guess that higher tier French cruisers fall into the "not good in PvE" category. 

I don't like it but Wargaming don't care much about PvE and they will be pleased by the fact that most PvP "mains" seem to like the MBRB feature.

There are plenty of other nice ships to play - and hopefully the French DD line won't have this feature when it comes out.:Smile_smile: